Rumor: Linden " wheels in motion " jersey change?

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Linden was just asked a question of which Canuck jersey he likes and he Spoke about the white stick in rink he likes. He also added " wheels Are in motion" referring to some sort of jersey change / tweak ....

Interesting

YouppiKiYay

Jul 3, 2011
Bellingham, WA
Interesting indeed:

Matthew Sekeres @mattsekeres
Linden says team has looked at Johnny Canuck jerseys with Johnny as the primary logo. #Canucks

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Well we haven't changed em in a while. I wouldn't mind an updating as long as the general idea stays the same. Should I add a poll with some options on what we should do?

Nuclear Salo

Launch Detected
Mar 12, 2014
Vancouver
Would love to see the alternate stick-in-rink become the standard jersey. (even though I like the orca logo, the stick-in-rink logo is best.)

Hell, even just switching the orca to the Millionaires V (with Vancouver in it) would look cool

Edit: Aw hell naw. Am I the only one that doesn't like the Johnny Canuck logo?

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I don't mind the Orca and the colours are nice, just need to drop VANCOUVER and have the same logo on both jerseys I think. Stick in rink can be alternate. Though I wouldn't complain if it was the home and away logo either. Just nothing brand new or nothing Johnny Canuck thanks... I think 57 logos is enough.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I think the Canucks screwed up some obvious milestones with their choice to do Millionaires jerseys last year as the third jerseys. Should have swapped the stick and rink to the primary last year, and done '94 throwback third jerseys (20 years after the '94 run), then Millionaires jerseys as the third this year (100 years after the Stanley Cup win), then for '16 they could cycle to a new third jersey (Johnny Canuck or whatever else they decide on - I'm not too fussed about the Johnny Canuck jerseys I've seen).

I actually like having an alternate colour scheme on the third jerseys.

I figure they'll do the '94 jerseys in 2019 for a 25th anniversary now.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Ugh please don't use the Johnny Canuck jersey... The old stick in the rink logo from way back with mostly white is the best, they should just use that. And for the love of god get rid of the Vancouver label on there!

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
Maybe a mid season reveal/ultrahype for a single game/money printing factory, then switch full time next offseason.

Maybe they'll have a third jersey ready for the playoffs that will make an emergency debut in mid-March due to our position in the standings.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
Part of me is really exasperated at another jersey change but let's be honest, this is just another sports franchise cycling through the collection of jerseys and logos (that it has determined to be marketable at this time) it has amassed over a few decades.

Mediocre on ice product? Consumer confidence in the tank? Hey, let's drive up revenues with another jersey retread!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
"What do you think Nazzy?"

1063974.jpg

If it's just a tweak, I'd get rid of VANCOUVER.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad