Sportsnet: Liljegren among potential available Leaf players

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchthemitch

Jan 10, 2019
Toronto
Liljegren not doing that well now? seems like his hype has been a seesaw... Massive hype before draft, then hype dropped at draft, then HUGE hype again when Leafs drafted him and now hype is low again
It's not the he he isn't doing well. It's just that Sandin has looked very impressive making Liligren the second best defensive prospect in the system. His hype after the draft was nothing compared to the hype before the draft year..

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It's not the he he isn't doing well. It's just that Sandin has looked very impressive making Liligren the second best defensive prospect in the system. His hype after the draft was nothing compared to the hype before the draft year..
Yeah, if Sandin isn't picked then they don't even think of trading Llljegren.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Agreed, gotta be a long term piece.

Personally if the leafs go for Peitriangelo, it will be for the duration of his remaining contact and so valued as such. Don't think the leafs will be able to afford his new contract that will take him well into his late 30s.

I'm not so sure about that, Matthews and Marner will already be signed and Harton, Marleau and Brown all expire after 2020

That's over 13 million, that doesn't include a rising cap, and it will rise it always does.

The money might be there.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I'm not so sure about that, Matthews and Marner will already be signed and Harton, Marleau and Brown all expire after 2020

That's over 13 million, that doesn't include a rising cap, and it will rise it always does.

Yeah, the Leafs are in a sweet spot after next season (No one ever mentions that).

Reactions: exporta

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015

Ya but the leafs cant afford another very highly paid player and he will be looking at likely double digits in 2 summers. He will also be 31 and will likely not be worth his contract halfway through so I wouldnt take the risk.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Ya but the leafs cant afford another very highly paid player and he will be looking at likely double digits in 2 summers. He will also be 31 and will likely not be worth his contract halfway through so I wouldnt take the risk.

That's why any dman trade has to be for someone signed for 1+ years and a decent cap hit to account for next year.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Not sure why non-Leaf fans want to boast about *maybe* being right once, you guys are beyond BRUTAL with predictions of Leaf players.
Remember what you guys thought of Rielly, Matthews, Marner, ETC.

Reactions: TML1990

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Ugh I hope we don't trade him unless it's for a very good player. He's shown a ton of skill and has a lot of potential to be a very good player.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You can get Muzzin/Gudas both this year IMO.

Say Gudas takes a 2nd and a 4th (spread over 2 years)

And Muzzin is dealt for a 1st or Liljegren + bracco
That seems like quite the overpayment.

Edit: Read it as and...not or.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Liljegren not doing that well now? seems like his hype has been a seesaw... Massive hype before draft, then hype dropped at draft, then HUGE hype again when Leafs drafted him and now hype is low again

Liljegren has been doing fantastic. So well in fact that he was playing top pairing in the AHL as a teenager and was 1st on the Leafs call up depth charts. His injuries have derailed this season and Sandin has passed him, but only due to Sandin coming in an blow away all expectations.

If anything this is a case of "you need to give to get" and Lilly is what the Leafs management have decided to give.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Another thread where posters want to hold on to every middling player/prospect like they are pure gold. Thank goodness actually NHL decision makers are more reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad