Sportsnet: Liljegren among potential available Leaf players

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
As for the point of this thread. It does not surprise me Liljegren is the expendable asset here. Scouts know what the affiliates top prospects are.

Yup, and when the Leafs roll up asking for a big ticket item ("a very very expensive " top pairRHD) it's fitting that discussions of the payment for that price tag involve a high value prospect. Very astute observation!

Reactions: DelusionalLeafsFan

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Still the wrong topic. If you want to start a Sandin thread on the main board, on second thought do us a favour and keep that on the Leafs board. But if you ask me nicely to comment, I may.

As for the point of this thread. It does not surprise me Liljegren is the expendable asset here. Scouts know what the affiliates top prospects are.

Given that Brannstrom is rated #11 on TSN's affiliate top prospects list, Vaakanainen #31. Valimaki is already in the NHL playing with the 2nd best team in the NHL. While Liljegren is unrated and can't make the Leafs who are in need of quality D men. I wouldn't expect many GM's viewing him as a blue chip trade prospect.

Scouts you say? You mean like an article that says "and scouts have him as the definitive 2nd overall behind Nolan Patrick"?
Tell you what...i will take the bullet, must have been my fuzzy memory, not like we Leafs fans were hoping to tank to get him being RHD was our biggest need....not like we followed his draft pedigree every step of the way......it was 8-16. Now run along.

oh...and for poops and giggles:
Prospect of Interest: The 411 on Timothy Liljegren - Sportsnet.ca
Back in November, Liljegren sat at No. 2 in Jeff Marek’s 2017 NHL Draft Prospect Rankings with scouts viewing him as the definitive second overall behind only Nolan Patrick at the time. He has since fallen outside the top 10 in most mock drafts you’ll see and, although he’s a lock for the first round, it seems like there’s a chance he won’t be selected until the second half of the opening round.

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
Its much talk about swedish defenders here ,last year Sweden was in the final in JWC (lost to Canada) Which
swedish player has the highest TOI in the final ? Was it Liljegren,Brannstrom,Sandin or Dahlin , or someone else ?

sd1976

Mar 14, 2008
Lol, right. He hurt his ankle so now he’s no longer in their long term plans and they’ll shop him. Whatever dude. Lol.
Does 1+1=11 in your world? Where does it say he’s not in The long term plans? Ah, I see, doesn’t fit the narrative. Carry on then...”dude”.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Jeez we get it, Kyle Dubas picks better players at 29 than Mark Hunter picks at 17. Everyone knows Sandin is incredible, but this is a Liljegren thread.

If you insist on talking about Sandin here. Here is a quote from Dubas himself.

Dubas: Well, we took the player that our scouts had as the best player on our board. They’re the ones that do the work all year in the rinks from September through the end of May, basically, when they kick them out. He was the player that our scouts had rated as the top guy.

Even Dubas admitted it was the scouts that did all the work on this pick. Guess who was the Director of Scouting that year? Yes you guessed it Mark Hunter.

Even Dubas admitted it was a Hunter and his scouting team's pick, not his.

Kyle Dubas on Rasmus Sandin: "He defends very, very well" | Maple Leafs Hotstove

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Tell you what...i will take the bullet, must have been my fuzzy memory, not like we Leafs fans were hoping to tank to get him being RHD was our biggest need....not like we followed his draft pedigree every step of the way......it was 8-16. Now run along.

oh...and for poops and giggles:
Prospect of Interest: The 411 on Timothy Liljegren - Sportsnet.ca
Back in November, Liljegren sat at No. 2 in Jeff Marek’s 2017 NHL Draft Prospect Rankings with scouts viewing him as the definitive second overall behind only Nolan Patrick at the time. He has since fallen outside the top 10 in most mock drafts you’ll see and, although he’s a lock for the first round, it seems like there’s a chance he won’t be selected until the second half of the opening round.

All you’re doing is proving you still think he was a top player in the draft which is laughable.

Like people said in the prospect thread, nobody gives a f*** that he was ranked number 2 in November.... he fell to the middle of the first round, because he was not nearly the prospect some initially believed.

I know it may be hard for you to understand but getting drafted to the leafs actually doesn’t change that dropping dramatically in the draft rankings is a bad thing

(Also you’re reallt wasting your breath, there’s no way you can enjoy arguing about a 19 year prospect over a large portion of the day)

Reactions: The Winter Soldier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad