Canes, Panthers, Canucks (because it's funnier), Avalanche

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Rangers
Cats
Canucks
Knights* (This one's unfair because we know the outcomes of the others save this series, Dallas could very well win today but it's a prediction, so I'll go with it.)

Special Thanks to the Jets for FKING UP MY FIRST ROUND BRACKET. BURN!!

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I am surprised how many have Canucks over Oilers, what is this based on?

Edmonton is not Nashville offensively or defensively, but the gap offensively is much greater than the gap defensively.

Vancouver will not win a game with 20 SOG this round. Will need 3 goals a game minimum IMO

Reactions: Kerberos

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton

Edmonton is not Nashville offensively or defensively, but the gap offensively is much greater than the gap defensively.

Vancouver will not win a game with 20 SOG this round. Will need 3 goals a game minimum IMO
Based on the regular season. Even when we sucked, felt like we outplayed the canucks 3/4 games but lost them due to goaltending.

That’ll be the biggest question mark this season. If Stu can carry his play over, I expect Oilers will take this but it’ll come down to that.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Based on the regular season. Even when we sucked, felt like we outplayed the canucks 3/4 games but lost them due to goaltending.

That’ll be the biggest question mark this season. If Stu can carry his play over, I expect Oilers will take this but it’ll come down to that.
Regular season goes out the window, it's about will to win now.

Reactions: David71

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009

Are we viewing the same thread? I see Edmonton by a landslide here.

Personally, I'm undecided. The Canucks looked pretty awful in the first round whilst Edmonton won convincingly (even the loss and the couple close games didn't tell the whole story IMO), but Van manhandled Edmonton in the regular season. So I have no idea what to expect in playoff hockey.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Are we viewing the same thread? I see Edmonton by a landslide here.

Personally, I'm undecided. The Canucks looked pretty awful in the first round whilst Edmonton won convincingly (even the loss and the couple close games didn't tell the whole story IMO), but Van manhandled Edmonton in the regular season. So I have no idea what to expect in playoff hockey.
4-4 is a landslide?

Britton

Nov 28, 2008

The Oilers had less shot attempts than the canucks and much lower percentage of total shot attempts. They also won a game with sub 20 shots against LA, and got outshot and outchanced hard against LA while Vancouver dominated Nashville. Nashville played a very specific style that was a direct counter to Vancouver's system that sacrificed all offense and still lost because they couldn't generate offense while doing it, do you really think the Oilers are going to try the same?

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

5v5 in the playoffs:

Canucks are 4th in xG% (54.61%), Oilers are 10th (47.43%)
Canucks are 4th in Corsi (52.45%), Oilers are 15th (42.66%)
Canucks are 6th in Fenwick (51.23%), Oilers are 15th (43.32%)
Canucks are 3rd in xGD (+2), Oilers are 10th (-1.06)

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Canes > Rangers in 6
Florida > Boston in 6
Oilers > Canucks in 5
Dal/LV > Colorado in 6

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Oilers in 7
Knights in 6 - EDIT: Since the Knights lost game 7 against Dallas I'll change that to Stars in 7
Canes in 7
Panthers in 6

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Regular season goes out the window, it's about will to win now.
How do you measure that? Is there a will to win meter?
Taking the Canucks because they swept the Oilers and finished higher in the standings is a valid position.
As is those taking the Oilers because they thought they looked better in the first round.
But in the end it’s a brand new series so it comes down to gut feel more than anything else.

Reactions: nucks88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad