Sportsnet: Liljegren among potential available Leaf players

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Well if that's what we're offering, we can forget Pietrangelo.

But Muzzin and/or Gudas are possible.

You can get Muzzin/Gudas both this year IMO.

Say Gudas takes a 2nd and a 4th (spread over 2 years)

And Muzzin is dealt for a 1st or Liljegren + bracco

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Gudas isn’t on the same level as the others.

I highly doubt Fletcher moves Gudas for Brocco or Rosen. The team is transitioning away from small players with minimal upside. Got rid of 2 this week; Weal and Leier. Not saying Brocco is like them, but he won’t have much of a future with our crop of F prospects. Same thing goes with Rosen and our D prospects.

Gladly take a 2nd and 3rd for Gudas. Hell, if Liljegren or a 1st is in play for Gudas, which I highly highly doubt, that would be awesome.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Gudas isn’t on the same level as the others.

I highly doubt Fletcher moves Gudas for Brocco or Rosen. The team is transitioning away from small players with minimal upside. Got rid of 2 this week; Weal and Leier. Not saying Brocco is like them, but he won’t have much of a future with our crop of F prospects. Same thing goes with Rosen and our D prospects.

Gladly take a 2nd and 3rd for Gudas. Hell, if Liljegren or a 1st is in play for Gudas, which I highly highly doubt, that would be awesome.

a 2nd + 3rd for Gudas is fine, as long as the picks are over 2 years. Leafs can't afford to deal back to back rounds in 2019.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I don't really buy that Liljegren or Rosen are available. Liljegren is the only right hander in our system with top 4 potential and management has been really high on him, expected him to fight for a call up this season before his injury. Would expect Sandin to be on the block before him (although I wouldn't expect either of them to be available).

Rosen was just extended on a cheap contract and seems like a lock for the third pair next year. Being with the Marlies his trade value is likely low but he's been good. IMO trading him now would be selling low on a guy who could potentially be very valuable to the team next year.

Reactions: bansheebeat

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Dubas is evidently looking for a top 4 RD with term so I could see Lily being available but the player has to have 2+ years left on his contract.

Reactions: sabresEH

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
a 2nd + 3rd for Gudas is fine, as long as the picks are over 2 years. Leafs can't afford to deal back to back rounds in 2019.
Picks are picks. I don’t think the differential in years is something that would make a deal go sour. I may be wrong though.

2019 2nd
2020 3rd

Or does TOR not have one of those?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Dubas is evidently looking for a top 4 RD with term so I could see Lily being available but the player has to have 2+ years left on his contract.

Yeah, I wouldn't trade Liljegren for either of these guys, has to be in the Parayko range for a package.

Reactions: LeafSteel

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Well if that's what we're offering, we can forget Pietrangelo.

But Muzzin and/or Gudas are possible.

They saif during that segment that Pietrangelo might not even be available, it would take a 3 or 4 game losing streak for him to be available

Reactions: zaqq

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Liljegren not doing that well now? seems like his hype has been a seesaw... Massive hype before draft, then hype dropped at draft, then HUGE hype again when Leafs drafted him and now hype is low again

He was having a great season before his injury. Sandin stole a bit of the spotlight because he came into the AHL red hot and put up a bunch of points but according to people who were watching the Marlies Liljegren was the better player all-around. Dubas even mentioned a few weeks ago that they have been very impressed and expected Liljegren to fight for a late season call up before he went down with an injury. So I'm a little sceptical of reports that he's available.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Picks are picks. I don’t think the differential in years is something that would make a deal go sour. I may be wrong though.

2019 2nd
2020 3rd

Or does TOR not have one of those?

They do, but they've dealt 2nd rounders in back to back drafts. 2020 2nd and 2019 3rd would be preferable.

If not, can replace a prospect instead or lower the 2019 pick to a 2nd and improve the prospect.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
They do, but they've dealt 2nd rounders in back to back drafts. 2020 2nd and 2019 3rd would be preferable.

If not, can replace a prospect instead or lower the 2019 pick to a 2nd and improve the prospect.
I don’t really see a difference lol. That’s fine with me.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Yeah, I wouldn't trade Liljegren for either of these guys, has to be in the Parayko range for a package.
Agreed, gotta be a long term piece.

Personally if the leafs go for Peitriangelo, it will be for the duration of his remaining contact and so valued as such. Don't think the leafs will be able to afford his new contract that will take him well into his late 30s.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Liljegren not doing that well now? seems like his hype has been a seesaw... Massive hype before draft, then hype dropped at draft, then HUGE hype again when Leafs drafted him and now hype is low again
Not sure it’s that as much as the fact he’s been banged up and now passed over on the depth chart by Rasmus Sandin.

Your interpretation seems to go along with projections, though. He was always kind of a boom or bust prospect so it seems fitting to see sentiment from both ends of the spectrum.

Reactions: golffuul

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Not sure it’s that as much as the fact he’s been banged up and now passed over on the depth chart by Rasmus Sandin.

Your interpretation seems to go along with projections, though. He was always kind of a boom or bust prospect so it seems fitting to see sentiment from both ends of the spectrum.

Sandin has a higher floor but lower ceiling than him. He doesn't have the upside Liljegren does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad