Likelihood Sens sign both Duchene and Stone

Will the Sens be able to retain Stone and Duchene?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Stone should def. be offered 8-9M/year for 8 years, and be the Captain - Why didn't they slap the C on him after the Karlsson trade?

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
On the one hand, I expect them to sign both long term but on the other hand I could also see them trading Duchene to add more good prospects & picks to the organization. However, IMO that would delay the team from contending longer while if they sign both they could have a contending team very shortly if the young guns continue to play at this high pace with success.

I expect they will continue to try & reduce some costs over the course of this yr in order to have extra money available to re-sign both Duchene & Stone but also Dzingel & Ceci if possible. I imagine that Pyatt, Paajarvi, Carey & Wideman will not be re-signed & a couple of them traded, if possible. I also expect that a couple of guys with longer term contracts could also be traded, if the possibility presents itself like Smith, Ryan, Boedker, Pageau, Tierney, Boro, DeMello or even Condon over the course of this season to next season. It will certainly be an interesting yr from various viewpoints & perspectives.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Stone should def. be offered 8-9M/year for 8 years, and be the Captain - Why didn't they slap the C on him after the Karlsson trade?

Because Stone didn't want to commit to longer before seeing what kind of team we have. You can't give him the C if he is on his way out.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Both will stay and a new owner will emerge I hope

And Karlsson re-signs and Brown turns into Spezza and Gustafsson becomes the next Lundqvist.

I feel sometimes like all that's more likely to happen than Melnyk selling.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Apparently Brisson (Duchene's agent) and Dorion are in discussions to see what the options are.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Apparently Brisson (Duchene's agent) and Dorion are in discussions to see what the options are.

8 years

8 million AAV

6 million base salary, 2 million signing bonus

10 team no trade list, modified NMC

That's what I'm expecting. If I'm Duchene, I want a full NMC for at least the first half of the deal to prevent the team from flipping me once I am more valuable signed (since we're rebuilding). Maybe we see that happen.

This negotiation is going to be very telling about the state of our team if Duchene wants to stay, has a market value ask, and we are unable to keep him.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
8 years

8 million AAV

That's what I'm expecting. If I'm Duchene, I want a full NMC for at least the first half of the deal to prevent the team from flipping me once I am more valuable signed (since we're rebuilding). Maybe we see that happen.

This negotiation is going to be very telling about the state of our team if Duchene wants to stay, has a market value ask, and we are unable to keep him.

8 x 8 is too much for this player. Either the term or dollars need to come down.

8M x 6 or 7M x 8.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
8 years

8 million AAV

I would be on board for this type of deal. We have the cap space and will have it for the foreseeable future.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
8 x 8 is too much for this player. Either the term or dollars need to come down.

8M x 6 or 7M x 8.

Unfortunately for this type of negotiation the player has you over the barrel. Either give him what he wants or he goes to market, and you know how that will turn out for this team, remember the "outgunned" comments?

Reactions: Clayonator

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

This is the first time I've seen him state it so emphatically. Huh. Maybe there is hope yet. Highly dependent on what he's offered, obviously, but it's a good first step.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

They could only come to a one year agreement, and the Captaincy could be a throw in if he decides to extend after New Years, and before the TD.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Unfortunately for this type of negotiation the player has you over the barrel. Either give him what he wants or he goes to market, and you know how that will turn out for this team, remember the "outgunned" comments?

With the economic inability to pay Huge signing bonuses, like the bigger market teams ......... there is some logic in the "outgunned" comments ............ EK65 was reportedly offered the same AAV as DD was, but without the signing bonuses ...... and knowing that other teams can, and will (outgun Ottawa) he passed, and will become an UFA in July. looking for the bonuses and lock out protection that Ottawa could not offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad