Speculation: Likelihood of Oilers acquiring forward help

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Johnsson is out long term. Not on our list during this season for sure.

I think you guys have some good suggestions. We aren't talking Taylor Hall, but good complementary pieces. I like what Duclair could bring, Kerfoot would probably be a much needed improvement at center on the 3rd line. I should have thought more clearly about Pageau, because you guys are right the Oilers aren't likely to go after any pending UFA rentals.

Jarnkrok is interesting. Coleman looks good.

Tartar is going to be too expensive.

How about Tyler Johnson from TBL?

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wonder if he is one of those athletes who doesn't like the game he is playing, and only does it for money. I remember how much skill and talent he showed when he was younger...just don't see it now, whether it's from pissing it away, or lack of confidence.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
3C (Kerfoot)...top 6 winger (Kapanen)....all we need is a top 4 RHD...talk to me.:thumbu:
Switch Kapanen to Johnsson . I know most Oiler fans like his speed but LW is more of a need

To the Oilers Johnsson + Kerfoot
To the Leafs Larsson + 2nd/Puljujarvi + 3rd in 2021

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Switch Kapanen to Johnsson . I know most Oiler fans like his speed but LW is more of a need

To the Oilers Johnsson + Kerfoot
To the Leafs Larsson + 2nd/Puljujarvi + 3rd in 2021
Easy yes for me, but Johnsson is out for 8 weeks with a knee injury.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Their bottom six is such an embarrassment they have to do something, just so as not to slap their fans, their few good players, and the league in the face. Playoffs or not, they ride this roster into the offseason and say "maybe next year" AGAIN it's disgraceful.

Yeah, they should do something. Just not something short term. There’s little value in that for them.

Reactions: TFHockey

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Draistal plays on the first line with McDavid most of the time doesn't he?

Have you completely ignored the Oilers since December? He hasn't played on his line for like the last 20 games. It's been Nuge, Yam and Drai. McD played with Kass and whoever else usually guys like Archibald. Honestly even before the injury Drai's line was more our first line McD needs serious wing help so he make use of his talents better.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Edmonton is looking for a permanent fixture on first-line wing and 3rd line center, right?

I'd say a top 6 winger who they move onto the top line when needed. And a 3C.

somebody specified LW pref = Buchnevich
of course Strome
right price gets 3C Howden

but we require profit on those
Broberg, 1st + acceptable cap dump
NY can

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad