Ligue 1 2022-2023

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Don't mind him he still cant get over the fact Croatia lost 3-0....
Que? lol...
What's that got to do with anything? We've lost to lots of countries in lots of matches, I don't carry some sort of grudge against players who beat us lol, what kind of reasoning is that? Especially in their clubs...

Anyway...
Either the PSG fanbase is just on Messi's case for no reason - and they're just haters; or they're unhappy with something.

The PSG project was advancing and looking somewhat organic when they had Ibra, Thiago Silva and Cavani.
Those dudes (while Ibra does have a massive ego) were/are professionals, and I never got the notion that they didn't care or give a 100%, or had some agenda in mind, be it their national team or whatever else.

Messi era in PSG - like it or not - was a failure. It's ending on a sour note after they got bounced twice in the 2nd round in the CL.
He had a poor first season, was much better in the first half of the second season, but has looked pretty spent after the WC.

IMO, PSG should simply move away from Messi and Neymar. And from some suspect players like Soler, Ruiz, even Sanches, etc. Even Veratti, who looks great, but always seems to cough up the ball in key times or come up with a bad match in decisive moments of the season.

They have the money, there are some fantastic young French footballers out there.
Why not go out and spend on Kolo Muani, on Fofana, guys like that? We know Monaco will sell to them (high price, but still) - guys who are young, hungry, coachable, etc.
They don't even have to go out of France to build a CL contending roster IMO.

Build the right culture with the right players and the right mentality while Mbappe is still buying in on the project.

All that said, while I understand the PSG fans wanting Messi and Neymar out at this point, the #1 person they should vent their anger at... is Nasser.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Que? lol...
What's that got to do with anything? We've lost to lots of countries in lots of matches, I don't carry some sort of grudge against players who beat us lol, what kind of reasoning is that? Especially in their clubs...

Anyway...
Either the PSG fanbase is just on Messi's case for no reason - and they're just haters; or they're unhappy with something.
None of this really addresses why your post was off the mark.... Messi didnt go to Saudi Arabia instead of Barca lol

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
?

I was talking about this. Messi didn't go to Saudi Arabia, Barcelona or, I don't know, Hajduk Split, because it's in the future.
Did he make the move? By all accounts he doesnt want to leave Europe yet. When he does the first option is Inter Miami...

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Que? lol...

Anyway...

The PSG project was advancing and looking somewhat organic when they had Ibra, Thiago Silva and Cavani.
Those dudes (while Ibra does have a massive ego) were/are professionals, and I never got the notion that they didn't care or give a 100%, or had some agenda in mind, be it their national team or whatever else.

Messi era in PSG - like it or not - was a failure. It's ending on a sour note after they got bounced twice in the 2nd round in the CL.
He had a poor first season, was much better in the first half of the second season, but has looked pretty spent after the WC.

IMO, PSG should simply move away from Messi and Neymar. And from some suspect players like Soler, Ruiz, even Sanches, etc. Even Veratti, who looks great, but always seems to cough up the ball in key times or come up with a bad match in decisive moments of the season.

They have the money, there are some fantastic young French footballers out there.
Why not go out and spend on Kolo Muani, on Fofana, guys like that? We know Monaco will sell to them (high price, but still) - guys who are young, hungry, coachable, etc.
They don't even have to go out of France to build a CL contending roster IMO.

Build the right culture with the right players and the right mentality while Mbappe is still buying in on the project.

All that said, while I understand the PSG fans wanting Messi and Neymar out at this point, the #1 person they should vent their anger at... is Nasser.

6 goals and 14 assists in 26 league matches and 5 goals in 7 CL matches is a poor season? Extrapolate the league numbers and it’s about 9 goals and 21 assists if he plays a full season. Post World Cup this season he’s delivered 8 goals and 5 assists in 15 league matches. And to put that into context, he played the entire World Cup all the way until the end and he’s 35.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
If what Messi said is true about the days off precedent, that doesn't change the fact that he should have canceled the trip. I'm not saying the powers that be at PSG aren't trying to make a statement here, but you just cancel the trip.

He looks like I used to when the teacher asked me to present something in front of the class.

I went to a church school and in first grade when myself and my friend couldn't control our laughter, the 4'8" little elderly teacher got out the big paddle and whacked my behind in front of the class. My friend had to turn away, but when that paddle hit my back side we both burst out laughing. Funny thing is I was a good student and loved that teacher.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If what Messi said is true about the days of precedent, that doesn't change the fact that he should have canceled the trip. I'm not saying the powers that be at PSG aren't trying to make a statement here, but you just cancel the trip.
Possibly they cancelled while Messi was on route?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Possibly they cancelled while Messi was on route?

Well no. In his apology he said he couldn't cancel which is in fact false. It very well might have had consequences with Saudi Arabia, but he really shouldn't have made the appointment in the first place without getting permission from PSG first.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well no. In his apology he said he couldn't cancel which is in fact false. It very well might have had consequences with Saudi Arabia, but he really shouldn't have made the appointment in the first place without getting permission from PSG first.
I meant maybe they changed the plans of holding a practice after Messi was on his way to SA? Just speculating of course

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
PSG won their game against Ajaccio but apparently PSG supporters have booed/whistled at Messi. What a bad look in general for them.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Not sure what anyone expected. They know he's not staying and with all that happened...yeah, they were going to whistle him.
Still very disrespectful. I have never seen a comparable in any sports unless the player has done something very wrong like raping and even then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad