Ligue 1 2022-2023

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
PSG already surviving a scare from bottom dwelling Angers.

Then Mbappe puts one away after Messi and Bernat made me miss the Messi-Alba connection.

Mbappe scores another after a master pass from Messi. He's enjoying himself tonight, bad news for Angers

PSG stopped playing in the second half and Angers got one back. I swear these group of players deserves a coach like Mourinho, Galtier can't seem to light a fire underneath them.

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
PSG in trouble at home against Lorient, just like they are against any team that doesn't just park the bus against them. Lorient 1-0 up on a great collective play finished by Le Fee and then Hakimi managed to get himself off on 2 clear yellows in under 20 minutes.

PSG equalize after a braindead moment by Lorient goalie Mvogo who gifts Mbappe with one of his easiest goals in his career, but Lorient channel their inner Barca and score after a tiki taka moment where they had the ball against PSG for over a minute.

Bernat has been lost defensively and useless defensively, Galtier needs to put Mendes on.

PSG players quite on the edge today, Marquinhos (who now plays RB lol) gets a yellow for barking at the assistant ref.

Lorient taking a huge step back this second half which might come back to haunt them, as Messi and Mbappe are always dangerous if they get enough balls at their feet.

Lorient miss an open net by second half sub Dieng, who looks like a very limited player.

Same Dieng scores from an offside position, then misses 1 on 1 against Donnarumma and then puts the game away on the rebound. I'm impressed with this Lorient team, especially by their central defender Meite who pocketed Mbappe today. Their young LB Yongwa was also a ball of energy all afternoon, and Faivre and Le Fee are already known quantities at this level. Messi just took a stroll on the pitch.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

The question is would they have done this if Messi had another year on his contract or say were it Mbappe?

Can PSG afford to do that though? They're only 5 points clear ...

So what? It’s a matter of principle. They did the right thing. Through as I said in the transfer thread, assuming it’s true, why would PSG have allowed him to leave in the case of a win or a draw last match?

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I am not going to post the Tweet as it has offensive language, but Fabrizio twitted a video of PSG fans chanting insults towards Messi.

Click at your own risk

PSG supporters have decided to direct their hate toward Messi. I am not sure he is the right target but it would be interesting to see how the other PSG players would feel about that.

Especially Mbappe, Verratti and Neymar.

I am not sure if PSG are tired of winning or they want to go back to the PSG of the 1990s/2000s.

Last edited:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
PSG supporters have decided to direct their hate toward Messi. I am not sure he is the right target but it would be interesting to see how the other PSG players would feel about that.
Look, I loathe the current PSG as much as the next guy... But can you blame the fans?
Messi clearly doesn't give a s**t about the club, man came to get paid and prep for the WC.
And now apparently, instead of going back to Barca, is on his way to Saudi Arabia to make enough money to buy a small country.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Look, I loathe the current PSG as much as the next guy... But can you blame the fans?
Messi clearly doesn't give a s**t about the club, man came to get paid and prep for the WC.
And now apparently, instead of going back to Barca, is on his way to Saudi Arabia to make enough money to buy a small country.
He went to Saudi as an ambassador. Nothing indicates that he will go play there for sure. At least, the way I understand it.

Cannot blame the fans for being angry, but going out of their way to sing insults, meh.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I disagree. There are differences between a player allegiance and being one of the player. Messi allegiance and love has always been for Barcelona. Nothing will change that and everybody knew that, he went to PSG because they offered the most money simply as that. Messi is a football legend and although he has not performed to the best of his talent with PSG he is still part of your team and you support him and the team while they are still competing. If Messi had done an interview and blasted PSG I could see their point like Ronaldo did I would kind of understand. Although I won't say flying away to saudia arabia without the authorization of his club as a good look. He is still playing for your team calling him a "fils de pute" is simply put not very smart and give the supporter a very bad look.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He went to Saudi as an ambassador. Nothing indicates that he will go play there for sure. At least, the way I understand it.

Cannot blame the fans for being angry, but going out of their way to sing insults, meh.
Don't mind him he still cant get over the fact Croatia lost 3-0....

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Messi clearly being scapegoated even if he does deserve some ire. Still, to say he didn't give a shit is mind-boggling considering his time at the club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad