Ligue 1 2022-2023

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tonight is the Trophée des Champions in Tel Aviv.
PSG/Nantes

A bit too early to make predictions, except for PSG being champs.

So far, Rennes has gotten stronger, Lyon has GOT to be stronger (or Bosz is fired soon), OM got weaker IMO, Monaco hasn't moved anything except adding Minamino, Lens has gotten weaker...
I like the fact Lille has turned to Fonseca. If friendlies are an indication, they should be fine.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Tonight is the Trophée des Champions in Tel Aviv.
PSG/Nantes

A bit too early to make predictions, except for PSG being champs.

So far, Rennes has gotten stronger, Lyon has GOT to be stronger (or Bosz is fired soon), OM got weaker IMO, Monaco hasn't moved anything except adding Minamino, Lens has gotten weaker...
I like the fact Lille has turned to Fonseca. If friendlies are an indication, they should be fine.
How's Medina progression?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
We'll see this season how he fares and how he starts. Lots of competition at the back at Lens.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He was good last season, but declined a bit as the season went on.

OM is so going to suck this year I think. Losing Saliba is going to bite them. Their D looks awful.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hmmm, that's a good comparison, but Haize makes his players progress and look good. I expect Lens to struggle a bit this year, more so if Fofana leaves.
That would be interesting to see if some guys step up and Medina could be one of them.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mbappe is suspended

Starting lineup is what I expected :
Donna, Ramos/Marqui/Kimpembe,Hakimi/Verratti/Vitinha/Mendes, Messi, Ney/Sarabia

Can't believe PSG are FINALLY playing 3-4-3 after years I'm thinking it's the right idea and they do it under Galtier, who has played 4-4-2 basically his whole coaching career.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The technical ability of Neymar, Messi, Verrati and Vitinha (and soon Mbappe) in the middle of the pitch is mind blowing.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Neymar looked like a major knee injury to netting a free-kick beauty.
Messi with a slick juke to goal.

I think the callers mentioned something about neymar always looking like a major injury every time he goes down... it is annoying already... almost immune to it at this point. Still... one hell of a player.
add:
Ramos with a hilarious heel goal... very slick.
Too bad mbappe wasn't in on this spectacle...

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Didin't take PSG long as Neymar puts them ahead after 9 mins. Sarabia pass from the flank and then Messi with slight redirection.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Messi wraps it up 4-0 with 10 mins to go. It's been walk in the park for PSG so far.

DR Congo-Emery replaces Verratti for the last minutes.

Edit: Well, Messi scored another one still, nice chest control.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Nice have trailed Toulouse until Aaron Ramsey manages to put them level after 78 mins in his first match. Well time run to edge of the box and accurate finish into top corner.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Rennes loses at home against Lorient. Nice, Monaco, Rennes...not a good start for lots of next tier teams if they ever harboured any hopes to keep within a striking distance of PSG.

We'll see how Marseille does in the evening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad