Lightning strikes, Habs finally win

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
:shakehead

Only in Montreal is cap hit the only measuring stick of a player. You can be a gritty charater player and leader and score goals but if you have a high cap hit it doesn't matter. This fanbase is embarassing at times.

:facepalm:

I don't see where he talks about cap hit in that post in his judgment of Brian Gionta. The fact is, he's been porous on the defensive side of the puck and completely clueless all year. A couple goals, albeit bit in the game tonight does not change the fact that he's lost a step and is awful this season.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
again guys... the eller gally squared line was the 1st PP unit on the 1st PP. They couldn't even get anything set up in the offensive zone for a whole minute.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Galchenyuk has played well over 80 games this year while most Habs have played well under 50. Maybe MT is trying to keep him fresh for the playoffs? Just throwing that theory out there.

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
again guys... the eller gally squared line was the 1st PP unit on the 1st PP. They couldn't even get anything set up in the offensive zone for a whole minute.

that was ALL THREE units on EVERY powerplay except the last. difference is, that unit only had one opportunity.

Id rather eller switch with DD on one unit, and galch replace gionta/bourqe on the other. Get the little guys off, they're only effective when they're battling through and outworking the bigger guys, and right now they aren't.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Martin was the best coach we've had in 20 years. The only coach who had us consistently competing pretty much every game and successfully developed our top young guys like Subban, Price, and Pacioretty into NHL stars. We should be lucky to still have him as a coach. We'd be much better prepared for the playoffs.

Never said he was a bad coach. 2010-11 was a very good coaching job with a depleted D.

I wrote his hockey philosophy was far from modern. Total passivity, not much creativity in his strategies, virtually no emotion from he or his team, seemingly little communication with his players, etc. It can work...but it's not exactly some great recipe either.

For every kid you credit him developing, there are examples of others completely falling off under his watch for various reasons (Latendresse, S. Kostitsyn, O'Byrne, Pouliot, Emelin getting screwed repeatedly early last season, etc)

I don't see how Therrien can be viewed as Martin 2.0 at this point, which was the poster's point, when basically all those things I mentioned seem far different this year.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Well the other PP units have been doing that now for many games and they still keep getting put out there all the time.

Sant

Dec 3, 2008
montreal
Galchenyuk has played well over 80 games this year while most Habs have played well under 50. Maybe MT is trying to keep him fresh for the playoffs? Just throwing that theory out there.

Gally is most probably gonna play way more in the playoffs. MT is gonna roll 3 lines.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Well... it wasn't pretty, but I guess it's a start?!?!?
Good to see MaxPac with more hustle. I mean... it's at least that.

Habtchum*

Right on. Plus the kid is only 19. No way this management will burn another youngster.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
I don't see where he talks about cap hit in that post in his judgment of Brian Gionta. The fact is, he's been porous on the defensive side of the puck and completely clueless all year. A couple goals, albeit bit in the game tonight does not change the fact that he's lost a step and is awful this season.

Jesus, what are you watching?

Gionta has not been "porous" on the defensive side of the puck - I have NO idea how you figure that, and if he were clueless he wouldn't be ahead of his pace from the last 2 seasons offensively. :shakehead

Keep on hating. You guys have a warped definition of "awful", it's quite comical.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
2 points or not, I can't help but being pissed off after watching this game.

So many mind bogling plays and decisions by both the players and the coaching staff...

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
anyone else notice that PK doesnt shoot as much since he broke that kids leg from buffalo? there were few times he could of slammed a shot and passed it instead

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Hehh...whu?
Play in the defensive zone is Gionta's redeeming grace this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad