Lightning strikes, Habs finally win

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
anyone else notice that PK doesnt shoot as much since he broke that kids leg from buffalo? there were few times he could of slammed a shot and passed it instead

I don't think he really cares, he's just a classless player. Breaking legs is what classless players do, in fact I'd go out on a limb and say that Subban has been targetting to other players' legs all year.

Forgedias

Oct 17, 2012
Its funny how much Leaf fans want the Montreal Canadiens as their first round match up. With their current lossing streak, they want the Leafs to fall to 7th or 8th now. Are they really that desperate?

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
you *****es need to get your head checked
rush the rookies: ouain!
bring them along slowly: ouain!

go kill yourselves

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Well the other PP units have been doing that now for many games and they still keep getting put out there all the time.

Going to disagree, the other units can at least set up. It's not a knock so much on gally... the kid is barely 19. He has been the best 5 on 5 producer, but he still hasn't learned how to hold a puck in the offensive zone and create space on the PP. In the tiny samples he's had, he hasn't shown that he can make a difference there.

I completely agree with Eller though. He has earned PP time and to me seems like the exact type of player we are missing for it. He can bring the puck in and win battles along the boards.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
2 points or not, I can't help but being pissed off after watching this game.

So many mind bogling plays and decisions by both the players and the coaching staff...

Habs are 4th in the NHL... 2nd in the East.

Imagine how other fans feel about their teams...

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
That's not what went down with Strasburg.

There were already questions about his shoulder before he got to the big leagues, and it just ended up blowing out when he got there. Had nothing to do with pushing him too hard. He pitched 68 innings in his first season.

Also, don't think it's comparable to compare a pitcher and a hockey player. The strain on a pitcher's arms is pretty much incomparable to anything else in pro sports. It's just not natural to throw the ball and motion your arm repeatedly that way. ;)

It's definitely not the same situation, but why burn out Gally? He's obviously playing excellent right now. People seem to think that more playing time = more production which isn't exactly true. I'm sure next year he'll play his 17-20 minutes a game, but for now, why mess with a bad thing? Like I said, he hasn't played a full season of hockey since he was 16-17, and this season, half way through they picked him up and threw him in the NHL. Give him some tiiiiiime.

Also, I know very well about pitching being awkward. Fun fact: I blew out my arm pitching in little league ;)

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Price was our best player tonight and it was not even close.

We had some luck which sometimes in hockey is all you need.

DD playing like an a cup.

Pacioretty should be soooooo much better

PP was brutal

I'm glad it was a win but it was Tampa and we got real lucky.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It boggles my mind how anyone can think Gionta has been playing well defensively, honestly it's crazy to think this.

He has multiple gaffs in coverage every game and wins like 1 out of every 10 puck battles along the wall. Those are the mistakes you cannot afford to make in the playoffs. I'm glad he's contributing offensively but his defensive game is pretty bad, and 2 goals doesn't change that.

If it wasn't for Carey Price tonight they're down 3-0 after the first and their confidence is gone, resulting in another loss. However, I can't complain about a win, but I just don't feel confident with the way the team played tonight except for a couple players.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Price was our best player tonight and it was not even close.

We had some luck which sometimes in hockey is all you need.

DD playing like an a cup.

Pacioretty should be soooooo much better

PP was brutal

I'm glad it was a win but it was Tampa and we got real lucky.

Pacioretty played well tonight on even strength with Plekanec, they were our best line.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Come playoffs, he should be playing high 20s. Only D on the team that can handle it.

Yup I have no problem with Subban playing 25+ minutes every night. He's the Habs best defenseman and he should be playing top minutes like other teams top defensemen do on a nightly basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00