Lightning strikes, Habs finally win

habfan1968

Dec 19, 2006
I think MT is playing it right at this point of the season. Below us in the standings are teams we can beat in the first round. If we finish fourth, the worst case is we play the Leafs. That is the only team I don't want to see the first round, they lost again tonight and may drop down, we won and move back into second overall. At second we may play Isles, Sens, Rags etc.. all beatable. The younger guys play less now so they will be able to handle more in the first round, there will be lots of wear and tear. Rest who you can. the younger guys makes more sense than the vets. BTW, did anyone else see PK playing a little slower in the third?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Thank you Carey Price. 3, 10 bell saves tonight and finally some puck luck with those posts. Either way he bounced back strong and showed he's a world class goaltender.

On a side note, the defense was dreadful again tonight. Not sure when MT is going to figure it out but Bouillon is playing way too much and Gorges was pitiful again.

However, the win was big and they need to build off this and finish the season strong. The division isn't out of reach if they win 3 of the next 4.

Analyzer*

Yes. He must get no playing time. The only way to improve is to do nothing but watch from the bench.

One must study the game first.

Seriously, if your kid gets an A on a test do you give him ice cream, or take him to a see a game, or do you make him go cut the grass, or talk to his grandmother?

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Gally's ice time is low because he's 19. You know how the nationals let Strasburg out there and he messed himself up because they gave him too much playing time? Imagine this as adverting that. He's a teenager in his first full season of hockey since he was 16-17. Ease him in. I mean, look at the results.

That's not what went down with Strasburg.

There were already questions about his shoulder before he got to the big leagues, and it just ended up blowing out when he got there. Had nothing to do with pushing him too hard. He pitched 68 innings in his first season.

Also, don't think it's comparable to compare a pitcher and a hockey player. The strain on a pitcher's arms is pretty much incomparable to anything else in pro sports. It's just not natural to throw the ball and motion your arm repeatedly that way. ;)

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
Happy for the win, but the Caps are gonna feast on this porous D, and if the Habs start getting penalty crazy...look out.

bdawg1989*

PJ Stock shouldnt be on TV when he cant even say one sentence properly.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Not a pretty game but a win is a win. Both teams missed some great chances.

Price with a much better performance. Defensively there were still a few breakdowns but nowhere near as many as the last 2 games.

I like the way Weber is playing. Nothing against Beaulieu but at this point, Weber is the much better NHLer, especially defensively.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Gionta gets two stars for dumping pucks into wide open nets.... Galchenyuk gets third and he played 6 minutes.

I'll say it, screw you Michel, screw you and your huge nose.

Finally we agree.;)

Michel Carbonneau.

or

Guy Theriien.

Analyzer*

I gotta add, too. From what I saw in the 3rd Weber did well... Surprisingly.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
The eller line did get PP tonight you guys. They were the first PP unit out on the 1st PP. And they couldn't get anything started for a whole minute.

I think Eller deserves some PP, but Gally isn't ready for that yet. He should definitely be getting more ice time on even strength though. That line was our best 5 on 5... I'm baffled!

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Happy for the win, but the Caps are gonna feast on this porous D, and if the Habs start getting penalty crazy...look out.

That's improbable, at least in the opening round. The Caps will finish third, the Habs second or fourth.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Doesn't change the fact that he sucks.

:shakehead

Only in Montreal is cap hit the only measuring stick of a player. You can be a gritty charater player and leader and score goals but if you have a high cap hit it doesn't matter. This fanbase is embarassing at times.

:facepalm:

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
:shakehead

Only in Montreal is cap hit the only measuring stick of a player. You can be a gritty charater player and leader and score goals but if you have a high cap hit it doesn't matter. This fanbase is embarassing at times.

:facepalm:

I love how some people still think it's a good argument against a player when the club isn't even close to reaching the cap ceiling this year or the next

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00