Lightning strikes, Habs finally win

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Gally's ice time is low because he's 19. You know how the nationals let Strasburg out there and he messed himself up because they gave him too much playing time? Imagine this as adverting that. He's a teenager in his first full season of hockey since he was 16-17. Ease him in. I mean, look at the results.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Can we get Pacioretty off the PP? kthxbai

Pacioretty was excellent on the PP tonight, unlike other recent games. Controlled the puck, made nice passes, just couldn't bury one.

Don't want to pile on DD, but he was a minus on the PP. Terrible.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Pacioretty was excellent on the PP tonight, unlike other recent games. Controlled the puck, made nice passes, just couldn't bury one.

He turned the puck over like 6 times, and refused to walk in and shoot when the PKers were all over Markov and Subban, giving him every opportunity to do so. He was beyond horrible.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

I only saw the third period so maybe I missed some magical performances earlier in the game, but he was ****ing terrible. Every pass he made wound up on a Bolts player's stick.

He did seem to be trying hard to get the loose pucks and engage people physically, which is always good, but he was turning the puck over like a machine whenever he got it.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He turned the puck over like 6 times, and refused to walk in and shoot when the PKers were all over Markov and Subban, giving him every opportunity to do so. He was beyond horrible.

Seemed to only happen when he was back on the ice with DD. When Plekanec centered him, he played really well.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
David Desharnais 1st PP unit :facepalm: Pacioretty trying to be a playmaker :facepalm: Galchenyuk with once again no PP time and only 8 mins of gp :facepalm:

seriously don't understand why two big skilled forwards ride the bench while DD gets all the ice and does nothing!

Eller and Gally are the players you NEED to play big minutes in the playoffs!

We are still too small ... Maybe we win one round IF we can right the ship.

sukimono

Mar 27, 2009
PQ
Bergie & Roy calling out MT for not playing Gally much @ l'AC

That's a first! I thought they were buddies =p

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Galchenyuk should be playing more, but really? We're somehow in 2nd place and yet our coach is dumb and a version 2.0 of a guy who has a stone aged hockey mentality?

Martin was the best coach we've had in 20 years. The only coach who had us consistently competing pretty much every game and successfully developed our top young guys like Subban, Price, and Pacioretty into NHL stars. We should be lucky to still have him as a coach. We'd be much better prepared for the playoffs.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Martin was the best coach we've had in 20 years. The only coach who had us consistently competing pretty much every game and successfully developed our top young guys like Subban, Price, and Pacioretty into NHL stars. We should be lucky to still have him as a coach. We'd be much better prepared for the playoffs.

lol k

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Should have, but needing pps to win....

Giving Galchenyuk a reward is all of a sudden rushing him ?

I don't get it either.. Galchenyuk as played very well and as been producing lately and should be rewarded with more icetime and some PP time on the struggling PP. I like Dumont but he shouldn't be on the ice more than Galchenyuk sorry.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I only saw the third period so maybe I missed some magical performances earlier in the game, but he was ****ing terrible. Every pass he made wound up on a Bolts player's stick.

He did seem to be trying hard to get the loose pucks and engage people physically, which is always good, but he was turning the puck over like a machine whenever he got it.

I didn't think he was very good on the powerplay, he was a beast on ES with Plekanec.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

That's a problem with every player on the PP. Not enough movement, wait too long to pass or shoot, then shoot when you should pass. It's a strategic weakness - a coaching problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad