Post-Game Talk: Lightning 5, Oilers 2

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I have no problem with Lucic going after the guy when the refs let the game get out of hand. I also have no problem with the league disciplining him for it. That the Oilers are likely a better team with Lucic watching is just a bonus.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
scb4a8.jpg

I thoroughly enjoy this photo.
Is he crying?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I have no problem with Lucic going after the guy when the refs let the game get out of hand. I also have no problem with the league disciplining him for it. That the Oilers are likely a better team with Lucic watching is just a bonus.

He's not getting suspended. Maybe a $2500 fine at most, which is $2500 too much and 30 minutes of his life he'll never get back.

Herein lies the problem. For years, the Oilers had no one to step up to defend teammates like when Hall injured his leg fighting Dorset because no one else would. There were the bus stop memes after Sarich lit Hall up. HFOil was desperately wanting toughness in the lineup.

Now we have that in Lucic, Kassian and Khaira, some don't want it and want these guys gone?

The Oilers would be back to being jailhouse bitches in no time.

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Did see all of it, seemed tough. Nice to see Strome finally get one, everyone was pretty happy for the guy (the team) which is nice to see. Didn't see what happened with Lucic, I assume he was relatively justified in his anger.

Tampa is an excellent team and they showed that last night. Re-Group, go get 2 points out of Florida and call this a decent roadtrip.

Reactions: OilDrop37

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
scb4a8.jpg

I thoroughly enjoy this photo.
This is a great shot. First thing that stands out to me is how far away help is for Johnson. Shows how much time Lucic had to hurt him if that’s what his intention was. Clearly it wasn’t. Maybe the hearing with the league is because Lucic offended Johnson and likely some others.

Reactions: Simonizer

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I called it last night. Tampa's Yzerman and Cooper would have been speed dialing the league and filing reports on this one. Its how they roll. Most of the other clubs in the league and this would not be seeing a review. But its Tampa crying ****s so this was so predictable. If Lucic gets anymore than 2 games for this I wish he had gone crazy on Joseph.

Zero respect for Stamkos either. Get lost. Crying for calls all night. The player you HATE playing because he's practically messaging the officials from the bench, and oddly enough they give him their attention.

The Lightning still disgust me.
I lost all respect for Stamkos when he whined about that spinorama Omark did in the shoot out against them years ago. He was a young kid at the time and hadn’t yet earned his place in the league to be calling other players out. He’s takes whiny little bitch to another extreme.

Reactions: TB12

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
This is a great shot. First thing that stands out to me is how far away help is for Johnson. Shows how much time Lucic had to hurt him if that’s what his intention was. Clearly it wasn’t. Maybe the hearing with the league is because Lucic offended Johnson and likely some others.

The hearing is to send a message that vigilante justice isn't acceptable. Yeah, Lucic let the kid off easy, but this is about the next guy.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
The hearing is to send a message that vigilante justice isn't acceptable. Yeah, Lucic let the kid off easy, but this is about the next guy.
There wouldn't have to be vigilante justice if the poli..eh...refs.. did their job. That's what happens when you have a Flames fan (O'Rourke) refereeing an Oilers game.

Reactions: TB12

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I’d hope they’d send a similar message to their referees on calling cheap hits too. That would do even more for the next guy.

I imagine the Oilers will be sending the game tape to the DoPS to review those two hits which went uncalled and lead to the whole thing as a defense for Lucic.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Lol come on, man.

I get it, it should have been a penalty. But, it was not a goon like play. People are delusional if they want to make this in to some massive intent to injure incident.

Again, good for Lucic, game didn't matter any way. But seriously, that was nothing.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I get it, it should have been a penalty. But, it was not a goon like play. People are delusional if they want to make this in to some massive intent to injure incident.

Again, good for Lucic, game didn't matter any way. But seriously, that was nothing.

I hope Lucic torches the refs and the DoPS during the phone call.

Where’s Joseph’s hearing for boarding two players?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I’d hope they’d send a similar message to their referees on calling cheap hits too. That would do even more for the next guy.

There wouldn't have to be vigilante justice if the poli..eh...refs.. did their job. That's what happens when you have a Flames fan (O'Rourke) refereeing an Oilers game.

I agree, but that's a separate issue.

It was a dangerous and unnecessary hit that should have been 5 and a game.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
I agree, but that's a separate issue.

It was a dangerous and unnecessary hit that should have been 5 and a game.
It wasn't dangerous at all though...not like the cross checks into the boards that Joseph was responsible for.

And he got 4 and the rest of the game anyway...They didn't score on 4 so another minute wouldn't have made a difference..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad