Post-Game Talk: Lightning 1 @ Panthers 5 - 5/8 - v 4.1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Luostorainen is a center.

He didn't look better than any of the 5 centers in front of him and he was given and had Vatrano for a lot of the season.

He and Walmark won't be on this team next season. If they are, it will be as an AHL / bottom line depth

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
I remember people touting Luostar as the best player in the Carolina trade at the beginning of the season.

I like him but can’t argue with Bennet’s and Wengberg’s production

Reactions: harv33173

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
If Bennett maintains even just 75% of his current production next season, we can forget about Trocheck IMO.

Luostar and Lamm are nice depth pieces or trade add-ons at this point.

Next season Center depth:

Barkov
Bennett
Wennberg (if we sign him)
Lundell
Acciari
Luostar
Lamm
Wallmark
Hepo

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

1302011390.jpg

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
If Bennett maintains even just 75% of his current production next season, we can forget about Trocheck IMO.

Luostar and Lamm are nice depth pieces or trade add-ons at this point.

Next season Center depth:

Barkov
Bennett
Wennberg (if we sign him)
Lundell
Acciari
Luostar
Lamm
Wallmark
Hepo

Hepo much further up that list

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Goodrow is not the dwarf Lomberg is, has scored a Game 7 winner, and has played nearly 50 playoff games. He is much closer to NHL Gusev than Lomberg's best at any level. And don't move the goalposts on Tampa's forward group. All 12 can score, regardless of salary and grinding ability. All 12 of their forwards have to he respected. Lomberg can be ignored.
Lomberg is a mid season use him because guys are hurt. He is not a playoff player. Using him over Gusev is going to hurt us based on how Gusev has basically embraced being down on the 4th line.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Lomberg is a mid season use him because guys are hurt. He is not a playoff player. Using him over Gusev is going to hurt us based on how Gusev has basically embraced being down on the 4th line.

Exactly. The fact that a player of Gusev's skill and accomplishments is so game to win that he'll settle for time on our 4th line is monumental. And Q would rather a replacement-level AHLer (if that).

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
I think bringing Ekblad back, even if it's the Cup Finals, would be asking too much just from a conditioning standpoint alone, not to mention long-term risk to the leg.

To me, getting Yandle off the ice for the playoffs might be just as good as having Ekblad on it, strictly from a DEFENSIVE standpoint.

Reactions: 5 Hole

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Well I didn't really mean for it to be in order. Just who I thought of first and I forgot Help was a center lol
Walmart should be at the bottom of every list:
  • Alphabetical
  • Hockey greatness ranking
  • Florida Panthers Center depth chart
Not a fan. From what I saw last year with him on the team, to what I saw with Chicago in the first part of the year, to what I am seeing again with the Panthers; I'm not a Walmart fan.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Goodrow is not the dwarf Lomberg is, has scored a Game 7 winner, and has played nearly 50 playoff games. He is much closer to NHL Gusev than Lomberg's best at any level. And don't move the goalposts on Tampa's forward group. All 12 can score, regardless of salary and grinding ability. All 12 of their forwards have to he respected. Lomberg can be ignored.
Ignoring Lomberg is exactly what we will be counting on.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Ignoring Lomberg is exactly what we will be counting on.

Just to be clear, I am praying I am wrong about Lomberg, as me being right about him will likely mean we lost Game 1. I want Florida to win with Lomberg far more than I want to be right.

Reactions: Cold Cat

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Not gonna feel too great about this series if we lose tomorrow with Tampa coming off of a B2B in this condition.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Not gonna feel too great about this series if we lose tomorrow with Tampa coming off of a B2B in this condition.
I know home ice is still on the line, but with the matchup already decided I wonder how hard both sides are going to play in these last two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad