Post-Game Talk: Light summer breeze

3 Stars

• Total voters

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That was the Fox goal I have been waiting to see for a long time. Felt great. Had a very playoff feel to the game, as the game went on after a slow start. Still, the SOG differential were not good, but it was enough to get the job done. Have to have more than 16 SOG.

Reactions: DialUp

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
At some point, the Panarin bashers will have to figure out that Panarin is an extraordinary point-producer.

Nah
You new here? Once a narrative gets started it's like a runaway train. Forget about the fact that the guy has been playing really well lately. Forget about the fact that he is their most dynamic and creative offensive player. Forget about the fact that he is on pace for close to 95 points and likely to lead the team in scoring for the 4th straight year. Did you see that lazy pass he made last night?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The Kane bashing needs to stop. He was playing well before he went quiet the last 2 games against Carolina. 7 points in 11 games, even with no points in last 2 games, is not bad. He will still have a 60 point season despite missing some games and playing most of them with a bad Chicago team. He doesn't have to carry this team but he is just another threat that other teams have to deal with. He can still be dangerous.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Kane bashing needs to stop. He was playing well before he went quiet the last 2 games against Carolina. 7 points in 11 games, even with no points in last 2 games, is not bad. He will still have a 60 point season despite missing some games and playing most of them with a bad Chicago team. He doesn't have to carry this team but he is just another threat that other teams have to deal with. He can still be dangerous.

Kane has certainly looked slower out there. But I have no issues with him, I knew it would be a huge adjustment for him. We didn’t give up much to get him so am ok with the trade.

Tarasenko on the other hand, I would love to try and keep him. It’s not about the points it’s the little things he is doing I have noticed.

These guys have another 10 games to really dial it up even more. It’s the playoff where it will really count how these acquisitions pan out.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Kane has certainly looked slower out there. But I have no issues with him, I knew it would be a huge adjustment for him. We didn’t give up much to get him so am ok with the trade.

Tarasenko on the other hand, I would love to try and keep him. It’s not about the points it’s the little things he is doing I have noticed.

These guys have another 10 games to really dial it up even more. It’s the playoff where it will really count how these acquisitions pan out.
He didn't look slow to me in the games prior to playing Carolina. I think both him and Tarasenko will have a lot to say the next 10 games and in the playoffs. I know he's hurt to some degree but you don't write off guys like Kane. This guy has talent and he has proven to raise his game when the games really matter.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I've been to 31* of the 32 arenas. CAR was one of the places that was so disappointing. I even told my wife that I wouldn't want to go back unless I could get a cheap flight and cheap seat for a NYR vs CAR playoff game. There is nothing around the arena, just a football stadium and downtown Raleigh doesn't have much either.

* Missing SEA. Also need to go back to EDM, DET, ARI as they got new arenas after I visited.
Raleigh's an overgrown university town. Then they went and built their sports complexes off campus.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
That was a nail-biter for sure. Rangers must watch a lot of old Ali fights and think that can work in hockey too.

Kane needs to realize that he is in the Metro now where real hockey is played. Not in Kansas anymore bud.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
That was a nail-biter for sure. Rangers must watch a lot of old Ali fights and think that can work in hockey too.

Kane needs to realize that he is in the Metro now where real hockey is played. Not in Kansas anymore bud.
The central is not an easy division either. It's having a bit of a down year but that's been a rough division the last few years.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Ummm, maybe a couple of levels. Carolina only wishes they had another level. But, you have to give them much kudos for the game they DO play, game in and game out. They have their coaches heart and basically his talent, which imo wasn't even that great. He was much more heart than talent. Carolina is good, but not THAT good.
Can you imagine if we played like that with our talent? I'd love to be Carolina with better finishing and goaltending.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Can you imagine if we played like that with our talent? I'd love to be Carolina with better finishing and goaltending.
That style of play wears a team out over an 82 game season and especially in the playoffs. The Rangers have another gear and Carolina doesn't. They made it to the ECF once and got swept, otherwise it was a 1st or 2nd round exit.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
We're only 4 points behind the Devils now and we play them next week on Thursday.
They got a game in hand, so more like ~5 points but of course within reach. Go for it, but not too hard. Lindgren should sit, Kane should probably sit too here and there.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Do we want to play the Devils or Carolina first round? That is the question.
I prefer the canes in the first round. Do not want to be shock and awed by fcking jack Hughes. Let them get a sweat out first if we are to play them in the 2nd baring we move on.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I prefer the canes in the first round. Do not want to be shock and awed by fcking jack Hughes. Let them get a sweat out first if we are to play them in the 2nd baring we move on.

Yeah, I think I prefer Carolina. There is something about the Devils, just not sure about. I think their speed and transition could be an issue. Carolina plays a more smother game, if that makes sense, but the Rangers have shown they can prevail that. They’ll get a lot of SOG but they are usually a lot of low danger chances.

Reactions: DialUp

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Do we want to play the Devils or Carolina first round? That is the question.
Ideally we go on a 9-1 tear and play Pittsburgh Florida or the Islanders. Big gap between the top 3 teams in the division and the wild cards this year.

As for Carolina, I think the odds we emerge from that series (win or lose) with a lot of injuries is higher than with the Devils. Since this is the first time in a while we've been approaching the playoffs with more than a "let's take this one series at a time" mentality, I'm factoring in wear and tear. We all saw what happened last year in the ECF

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Going to be hard to pass either, even going say 7-2-1 leaves us at 109. The Devils and Canes basically play 500 and pass that.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

He hasn't been the same since getting tugged on by Brady Tkachuk.

As long as they don't give him all the space in the world, they'll be fine. If they actually decide that they want to hit him he'll be out by game 3.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
He hasn't been the same since getting tugged on by Brady Tkachuk.

As long as they don't give him all the space in the world, they'll be fine. If they actually decide that they want to hit him he'll be out by game 3.
I believe in Trocheck and Trouba to at least try. Not sure Gallant would match him up against Vesey.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00