Post-Game Talk: Light summer breeze

3 Stars

• Total voters

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
i had absolutely no idea how that one was gonna play out when he came flying across the blue line calling for the puck
The confidence he has been showing, amazes me. Calling for the puck like that, and clearing the crease all night long after the whistle really impressed me.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
That style of play wears a team out over an 82 game season and especially in the playoffs. The Rangers have another gear and Carolina doesn't. They made it to the ECF once and got swept, otherwise it was a 1st or 2nd round exit.
I don’t think they’re worn down. I think it’s just that they’re one-dimensional. Their style is effective in the regular season but in the playoffs, opponents will adjust. Carolina doesn’t have - or at least they haven’t shown - a counter punch.

That said, every year in the playoffs a team or two figure it out. I kind of expect Toronto to be one of those teams this year.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I don’t think they’re worn down. I think it’s just that they’re one-dimensional. Their style is effective in the regular season but in the playoffs, opponents will adjust. Carolina doesn’t have - or at least they haven’t shown - a counter punch.

That said, every year in the playoffs a team or two figure it out. I kind of expect Toronto to be one of those teams this year.
That's a good point about them being one dimensional. Carolina is still a very good team though but they will miss Svech and not making a trade for a difference maker may hurt them. I also think Toronto gets past the 1st round this year.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Does Carolina remind anyone else of a less talented Kings team from 12-14?
not at all. the kings were the opposite, slow as shit but extremely heavy and literally didn’t bother until the playoffs started. it was also a different league, defending the slot was a lot worse than it is now and you got away with way more in front of the net defensively.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
The confidence he has been showing, amazes me. Calling for the puck like that, and clearing the crease all night long after the whistle really impressed me.
oh i love how nasty he is around the net defending. he looks like a real piece of sht to play against, and i mean that in the most complimentary way possible.

sometimes he's a little too confident with his pinches and he's not the best passer, esp breaking out, but he's been great at using his legs to gain ice and limited turnovers. as far as acquisitions for a bottom pair we couldn't have asked for more.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
not at all. the kings were the opposite, slow as shit but extremely heavy and literally didn’t bother until the playoffs started. it was also a different league, defending the slot was a lot worse than it is now and you got away with way more in front of the net defensively.

I meant in terms of forechecking and throwing everything on net and hoping for ugly goals.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2