Post-Game Talk: Light summer breeze

3 Stars

• Total voters

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I feel like the game turned when it got a little more physical. Like Carolina was thrown off or then went looking to throw a hit instead of doing what they normally do.

But god, im not sure i cant watch a series of their boring play.

Kid line does everything but score. Kakko needs to shoot more too. Passed up 1or 2 good opportunities
They will. Their kind of play in the o zone will lead to playoff goals. They had a very good third period in a tough building against a pretty physical good defensive team.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Mikkola was channeling his inner Bobby Orr entering the zone and dishing a sweet drop pass to the Breadman for two great chances. LOL!

Meanwhile Tarasenko was channeling his inner Julien Gauthier going hard to the net. LOL!

Great game. You can't score 6 goals every game. It was important we showed we could play those tight, close, playoff type games.

Last edited:

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
fk is up with this bullsht kicking guys feet out carolina is all about now? off the top of my head they kicked out igor and lindgrens skates (leading directly to their 3rd goal) last game. tonight it was tarasenko just before panarin scored and anderson on trocheck in front (who, not that it would excuse it if he was, was clearly outside the crease). not a single one of em called, and i wanna say there was at least another 1 or 2 i'm forgetting. complete bush league garbage.

as for tonight, this one was mostly igor. they had jump and we looked gassed but hell of an effort by a bunch of guys to just keep battling.

kid line was probably the best overall line all night. mika's line created the plays we needed. that whole line laid it on the line but special nod to tarasenko who skated his bag off all game and was a force physically.

top to bottom that was a ballsy win, though hopefully they can catch their breath here soon and start playing a more controlling game. good to see that grind make an appearance though, can't knock that. plz go back to 6-0 type games tho those are more enjoyable.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
See the thing with Carolina is they’re playing playoff hockey every night. But when a team far more skilled than they are decide to match that playoff intensity I just don’t think they can go to another level. And that’s what the Rangers did in the second half of that game.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Getting out attempted 25-0 in the first five on five, but only letting up 3 high danger chances is pretty good haha.

yea gotta say as dominant in possession and physicality as they were for almost all of the first, we did a good job keeping them from getting inside for the most part. felt like we were under siege all period but at the same time never felt they were generating many good chances. only thing that scared me was those point shots potentially catching a bounce.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
30-16 shots in favor of not us. It's not negativity, it's a issue if we're getting doubled in shots and Shesty has to stand on his head.
I get your concern, but quality of shots matters too. Carolina throws it at the net from everywhere, tons of low percentage attempts. NYR looked far more dangerous to me. As the game went on, after having played them last game, we figured them out and wore them down. IMO in a seven game series it will be even worse for them.
And honestly people DID say the same thing last year about our chances with them, and this year we have a MORE talented team than last year with a bunch more playoff experience, while they will not have Svechnikov (or Trocheck.)
We may not even get the chance to face them if the Devils don’t overtake them.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
See the thing with Carolina is they’re playing playoff hockey every night. But when a team far more skilled than they are decide to match that playoff intensity I just don’t think they can go to another level. And that’s what the Rangers did in the second half of that game.
They don't have a big bag of tricks. What you see is what you get.

Reactions: NCRanger

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Better effort tonight. I wouldn’t say it was a great game, but I’ll take it.

Fr8uoBxWwAECqUE

f***ing Chatfield is Erik Gryba 2.0.

Dude just gets to rip bomb after bomb against us.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
yea gotta say as dominant in possession and physicality as they were for almost all of the first, we did a good job keeping them from getting inside for the most part. felt like we were under siege all period but at the same time never felt they were generating many good chances. only thing that scared me was those point shots potentially catching a bounce.
agreed

for all their cycling prowess, their only goal tonight was off the rush

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Kane is fine.

And the whole point in making these trades is to have scoring talent all over the lineup. We don’t need Kane to be what he was in Chicago, he doesn’t neeed to be the star and focus point of the offense every night. Some nights he will be but when he’s not Panarin will be and when he’s not Zibanejad will be and so on. That’s why this lineup is so dangerous. Legitimate scoring talent all over the lineup who can pick up the slack any given night.
I disagree… That he is fine. He’s debilitated. His hip is f***ed. He can only turn it on in spurts. But I agree he doesn’t have to be THE man every game. He’s still got value. If he shows up in those big moments and elimination games, I don’t care if he’s pretty pedestrian the rest of the time.
I believe that no matter where he signs, he’ll need surgery in the off season and will be LTIR for a ton of 23-24.

Why wouldn’t he have gotten surgery and tried to comeback healthy instead of wasting a season playing like this?
You’ll have to ask him.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Haven’t had a chance to read all the PGT post, so apologies if this was mentioned already:
Times during the game when the camera was on Kane, you can see him wincing in pain.
They should shut him down until the playoffs. Don’t know anything about hip injuries but believe it’s a safe bet that rest could help.
Edit: lol just read the previous few post. Other posters have also noticed.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Mikkola was channeling his inner Bobby Orr entering the zone and dishing a sweet drop pass to the Breadman for two great chances. LOL!

Meanwhile Tarasenko was channeling his inner Julien Gauthier going hard to the net. LOL!

Great game. You can't score 6 goals every game. It was important we showed we could play those tight, close, playoff type games.

i had absolutely no idea how that one was gonna play out when he came flying across the blue line calling for the puck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad