Rumor: Lies & Deception Thread | What Will You Believe Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Just like maybe there is more than offensive numbers in the AHL?

The jump between AHL and NHL have a ton to do with what the players are doing, how they play the game and certain skills. The league's are incredibly different. Tons of instances of ppg players who never do anything in the NHL but like guys who put up half that go into have good NHL careers.

They had no issue bringing up Yamamoto and McLeod so there is clearly something they are seeing in Benson's game they don't like
His goals for % has always been positive with the condors, so he’s scoring more and allowing less goals when on the ice. his comparables in PPG in his 20 yr old season are amazing:
EHz6ZM0UEAIzD2A

Just because Oilers can’t pro scout for the life of them, doesn’t mean it’s the players fault.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Benson simply hasn't been given a chance yet. He was fine in his last chance at some limited play. Did nothing wrong, more happened for us than against in the bit of time, and back in the AHL he went.

This year, he was great for the Condors. Absolutely a guy that deserves a shot, especially with the useless turds we had in the bottom 6. The hassle of moving guys probably is what kept him out and not wanting to handicap Steelcroft, our next HC.

I will be very disappointed if we toss away all that development time and just let Seattle have him while protecting a turd like Kassian who isn't gonna do anything until the least year of his deal, and by then might not do anything anyways because of age.

Hmmm, protecting a potential cost controlled top six winger or a fourth liner that we should be happy to let go of his contract. HMMMMMMMM. Gotta think real hard on this one, make sure I get it right.

I would like to think that Keith Gretzky wont let Kenny leave Benson unprotected.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Benson simply hasn't been given a chance yet. He was fine in his last chance at some limited play. Did nothing wrong, more happened for us than against in the bit of time, and back in the AHL he went.

This year, he was great for the Condors. Absolutely a guy that deserves a shot, especially with the useless turds we had in the bottom 6. The hassle of moving guys probably is what kept him out and not wanting to handicap Steelcroft, our next HC.

I will be very disappointed if we toss away all that development time and just let Seattle have him while protecting a turd like Kassian who isn't gonna do anything until the least year of his deal, and by then might not do anything anyways because of age.
Kassian will have more points in his next 3 years than Benson will have in his career

Reactions: NoSavesFromKosko

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Look at Ross Colton in Tampa Bay (a deeper team than us), they gave hime the chance and he had good numbers in the A. Why are better teams always finding ways to make the most out of their money? Oilers always do the opposite. If Ross Colton was an Oiler all of you would be clamouring to lose him for nothing .

Ross Colton can play in the bottom 6 and is a decent skater. So I would be he would get a pretty good crack at the lineup in Edmonton. Kind of like McLeod, who got a shot because he can skate and play in the bottom 6.

Benson can't do any of those things.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I think if the Oilers are willing to go that high on Hyman, it’s a virtual certainty Hall isn’t coming here.
How do we know we aren’t in on him? We aren’t just looking for one player. I feel like Hymans name is only high because he’s a Toronto player to be honest

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
His goals for % has always been positive with the condors, so he’s scoring more and allowing less goals when on the ice. his comparables in PPG in his 20 yr old season are amazing:
EHz6ZM0UEAIzD2A

Just because Oilers can’t pro scout for the life of them, doesn’t mean it’s the players fault.
And like I said there is a shit ton of difference between the AHL and the NHL and points per game in the AHL means very little to the NHL.
You have 4th liners in the NHL dominating the AHL. You have guys putting him half a ppg in the AHL coming in and being top 6 NHL players.

I'd put money on Benson going the route of a Rattie or Lander.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
And like I said there is a shit ton of difference between the AHL and the NHL and points per game in the AHL means very little to the NHL.
You have 4th liners in the NHL dominating the AHL. You have guys putting him half a ppg in the AHL coming in and being top 6 NHL players.

That bet is based on what? 7 NHL games? I guess if we had a skilled player in the A putting up amazing numbers we won’t bring him up because he doesn’t fit in the bottom 6.. literally making no sense. Grinders are important sure but your whole bottom 6 shouldn’t be a bunch of them.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011

Points per game in the AHL does matter when at a younger age. Those players generally project into NHL players. I forget what it is but after 22/23 generally you are right those players are less likely to become NHLers.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
How do we know we aren’t in on him? We aren’t just looking for one player. I feel like Hymans name is only high because he’s a Toronto player to be honest

The way I see it especially if Duul's right.
From highest to lowest priority
1) Hall
2) Hyman
3) Tatar.
If Hall re-signs with the bruins, they'll target Hyman, and if Hyman goes somewhere else, they'll go after Tatar.

North

Jun 25, 2009

Because right now Hyman is the one who can talk to other teams and since we’re talking to him, he’s got a leg up.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
EHz6ZM0UEAIzD2A

So why isn't Dube better than Giroux?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

Rattie and Lander at least got NHL time to show what they were. Dumping a guy after 7 NHL games because he might not be an NHL player to protect a 28 year old fourth liner and Kassper the Ghost is moronic.

If the AHL doesn't matter, just fold the farm club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad