Rumor: Lies & Deception Thread | What Will You Believe Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Benson would not be a big loss for this team but protecting kassian over him would be sheer stupidity. It would be doubling down on the initial stupid contract given to kassian
Can't damage that pride now. I'll save my complaints for when it actually happens but man that would be dumb.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Look at Ross Colton in Tampa Bay (a deeper team than us), they gave hime the chance and he had good numbers in the A. Why are better teams always finding ways to make the most out of their money? Oilers always do the opposite. If Ross Colton was an Oiler all of you would be clamouring to lose him for nothing .

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I mean he made mincemeat of the competition last year and did very well the year before, he’s done everything he can to get the call up and yet...
Just like maybe there is more than offensive numbers in the AHL?

The jump between AHL and NHL have a ton to do with what the players are doing, how they play the game and certain skills. The league's are incredibly different. Tons of instances of ppg players who never do anything in the NHL but like guys who put up half that go into have good NHL careers.

They had no issue bringing up Yamamoto and McLeod so there is clearly something they are seeing in Benson's game they don't like

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Protecting Kassian is so stupid. Guy has negative value. I wouldn't even protect Archibald honestly.

If this and the Hyman for 6M/per rumours are true, the Oilers are gonna be in rough shape with Holland. I'm mind blown how GMs paid millions of dollars make such bad choices

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Look at Ross Colton in Tampa Bay (a deeper team than us), they gave hime the chance and he had good numbers in the A. Why are better teams always finding ways to make the most out of their money? Oilers always do the opposite. If Ross Colton was an Oiler all of you would be clamouring to lose him for nothing .
AHL numbers don't mean success. They saw something in his game they thought would translate so they gave him a chance. The org is not seeing that in Benson

If Benson was as good as people pretend he is, then tons of teams and players would be asking about him...I wonder why they aren't....

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Just like maybe there is more than offensive numbers in the AHL?

The jump between AHL and NHL have a ton to do with what the players are doing, how they play the game and certain skills. The league's are incredibly different. Tons of instances of ppg players who never do anything in the NHL but like guys who put up half that go into have good NHL careers.

They had no issue bringing up Yamamoto and McLeod so there is clearly something they are seeing in Benson's game they don't like
I don't trust our pro scouts lol.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
There have been many players in the present and past that put up gaudy AHL numbers that have no business in the NHL.

And you find out by giving them the opportunity.

Anyways, I'd reckon most of the players you're mentioning weren't high second round picks who would have been high first rounders if not for injury.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Protecting Kassian is so stupid. Guy has negative value. I wouldn't even protect Archibald honestly.

If this and the Hyman for 6M/per rumours are true, the Oilers are gonna be in rough shape with Holland. I'm mind blown how GMs paid millions of dollars make such bad choices

Considering there has been reported interest in Kassian from the Penguins and Rangers, he clearly has some value.

Reactions: Faelko

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Can't damage that pride now. I'll save my complaints for when it actually happens but man that would be dumb.

Duncan Keith singled out Zach Kassian as an integral Oiler in his rambling 25min interview. I mean I think DK is out to lunch on that, and said so but he name dropped him specifically as an Oiler that brought it. lol

Would be kind of hilarious if the Oilers just toss Kassian after DK says that in his presser. One suspects though if Keith is saying that kind of thing the org is taking notice or even name dropped him themselves. the org has a better impression of Kassian than fans do, not sure why.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Considering there has been reported interest in Kassian from the Penguins and Rangers, he clearly has some value.

Given that its from EC clubs that haven't even seen Kassian play in years its pretty clear its the idea of Kassian that still has some meager following, rather than what present Kassian actually is.

Any club should be doing their due diligence, just saying,

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Benson simply hasn't been given a chance yet. He was fine in his last chance at some limited play. Did nothing wrong, more happened for us than against in the bit of time, and back in the AHL he went.

This year, he was great for the Condors. Absolutely a guy that deserves a shot, especially with the useless turds we had in the bottom 6. The hassle of moving guys probably is what kept him out and not wanting to handicap Steelcroft, our next HC.

I will be very disappointed if we toss away all that development time and just let Seattle have him while protecting a turd like Kassian who isn't gonna do anything until the least year of his deal, and by then might not do anything anyways because of age.

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Duncan Keith singled out Zach Kassian as an integral Oiler in his rambling 25min interview. I mean I think DK is out to lunch on that, and said so but he name dropped him specifically as an Oiler that brought it. lol

Would be kind of hilarious if the Oilers just toss Kassian after DK says that in his presser. One suspects though if Keith is saying that kind of thing the org is taking notice or even name dropped him themselves. the org has a better impression of Kassian than fans do, not sure why.
The Oilers should just abandon all pressers. Never anything to glean from them and often the brass just embarrass themselves.

Reactions: K1984
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad