Rumor: Lies & Deception Thread | What Will You Believe Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Sign:
Hall (5.5x7)
Danault (4x5)

Resign:
Larsson (4x4)
Yamamoto (2x2)

Trade with Seattle:
One of the goalies they’ll get (Hill/Kuemper/Samsonov/Vanecek/Georgeiv/ Jarry)
For Neal + 19th overall + a prospect (not Holloway/Broberg/Bouchard obviously)

RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Hall-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Benson-Danault-Archibald
Shore-McLeod-Kassian

Nurse-Bear
Keith-Bouchard
Lagesson-Larsson

Goalie X
Koskinen

Last edited:

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I really hope the rumors about the Oilers being in on Hyman are not true.

Apparently he is looking for 7-8 years as well. Any contract he signs screams boat anchor.

And the type of money too. How many players falter under the pressure of living up to the contract that they know are overpayed. You seen so many now, and so many players have been bought out over the years.
3.5 - 4.5 AVV for 8 years has anyone, seriously anyone set for life. Once it starts to go 7-8 million and beyond. Those are cornerstone/franchise players. You don't give them out to just anyone. I really hate having buyout/dead cap space. It just means a poor decision was made and the buyout is the consequence of that mistake. I can understand building a team, but man, GM's seem to lose their minds once the bidding starts on players that have no business garnering the type of money being thrown around.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
And the type of money too. How many players falter under the pressure of living up to the contract that they know are overpayed. You seen so many now, and so many players have been bought out over the years.
3.5 - 4.5 AVV for 8 years has anyone, seriously anyone set for life. Once it starts to go 7-8 million and beyond. Those are cornerstone/franchise players. You don't give them out to just anyone. I really hate having buyout/dead cap space. It just means a poor decision was made and the buyout is the consequence of that mistake. I can understand building a team, but man, GM's seem to lose their minds once the bidding starts on players that have no business garnering the type of money being thrown around.
You never been to a farm auction sale I take it?

Reactions: Faelko

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I will believe everyone these days

tenor.gif

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
You never been to a farm auction sale I take it?

No, but I grew up on a cattle farm. My relatives probably went to aunctions but my dad didn't. If we needed something, we just go out and get at the set price, or trade in a current equipment to get a discount if we can afford it. Dad didn't get into bidding wars.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
No, but I grew up on a cattle farm. My relatives probably went to aunctions but my dad didn't. If we needed something, we just go out and get at the set price, or trade in a current equipment to get a discount. Dad didn't get into bidding wars.
God bless farmers and ranchers. I’m sure this drought isn’t helping you any. Here where I am the crops are shrivelling up in front of our eyes. My son hauls grain and I told him the other day, get all the loads you can now, there won’t be much to haul in the fall.

But if you ever are bored, go to a sale…I can’t tell how many times I’ve watched people just bid up stuff and in the end some poor fella buys a seed drill or rock picker that is a busted piece of shite for more than what a new one goes for. On the other hand sometimes a deal can be had.Hmm, maybe these GMs are onto something!

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
God bless farmers and ranchers. I’m sure this drought isn’t helping you any. Here where I am the crops are shrivelling up in front of our eyes. My son hauls grain and I told him the other day, get all the loads you can now, there won’t be much to haul in the fall.

But if you ever are bored, go to a sale…I can’t tell how many times I’ve watched people just bid up stuff and in the end some poor fella buys a seed drill or rock picker that is a busted piece of shite for more than what a new one goes for. On the other hand sometimes a deal can be had.Hmm, maybe these GMs are onto something!

Absolutely God Bless em, its been a rough several years and I'm not liking how the harvest seasons are trending out the last couple years too. Very hard on farmers for sure. Thanks for the tip though, lol, I might have to go to one just for the experience.:thumbu:

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
While running to a public washroom after a monthly bout of Peter’s Drive-In in Edmonton, my cousin saw Taylor Hall taking a whizz at a urinal. Make of that what you will.

Reactions: Klimando Kostani

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Sign:
Hall (5.5x7)
Danault (4x5)

Resign:
Larsson (4x4)
Yamamoto (2x2)

Trade with Seattle:
One of the goalies they’ll get (Hill/Kuemper/Samsonov/Vanecek/Georgeiv/ Jarry)
For Neal + 19th overall + a prospect (not Holloway/Broberg/Bouchard obviously)

RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Hall-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Benson-Danault-Archibald
Shore-McLeod-Kassian

Nurse-Bear
Keith-Bouchard
Lagesson-Larsson

Goalie X
Koskinen

Thats actually pretty damn good. Remove Samorukov from "available for a goalie" as well and I'm on board with your plan.

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
While running to a public washroom after a monthly bout of Peter’s Drive-In in Edmonton, my cousin saw Taylor Hall taking a whizz at a urinal. Make of that what you will.
I once saw him try, and I stress try, to parallel park his F150 over by the Boardwalk building one day. Poor sidewalk took a beating that day.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Didn't danault turn down a ridiculously rich contract BEFORE the playoff success he just had? I thought he turned down a 4 or 5 year deal worth $5+

Hi did...

but he also put up nearly zero offense in the playoffs.

I value his defense highly, but those guys don't get paid typically. His playoff just reinforced how many see him: elite defense, opportunistic offense, not able to generate it on his own.

He's perfect, PERFECT for a 3C on any team in the league and perfect for very few as a 2C. How many teams can spend $5M on a #3C?

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oilers always bad timing with this stuff, if they had this cap room last summer they could have gotten Toffoli for dirt cheap on reasonable term.

This summer you have Hyman's agent looking for like 6 per x 7 years, lol.

Reactions: s7ark
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad