Player Discussion Lias Andersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Is anyone else finding the format of these recalled/reassigned threads confusing? I legitimately thought Lias was recalled because this thread is near the top. No idea why we are combining these threads with player discussion threads.
Yes it's annoying. Just need OP or a mod to change the thread prefix. Also need people to find more appropriate threads to use instead of just the first thing they see.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Feels like Lias was playing better earlier in the year and the callup and then demotion has messed with his confidence or effort or something.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Feels like Lias was playing better earlier in the year and the callup and then demotion has messed with his confidence or effort or something.

Not making excuses for Lias here, because he has been underwhelming in the AHL since his demotion, but the Hartford team before his call up was playing much better than the Hartford team after his demotion. It's difficult to perform on a bad team unless you are significantly better than your opposition (McDavid for instance)

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
the 20 yr old 28 game evals are in boys and girls !
li9lzmp.jpg

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I'm a fan of Meskanen, but why does Andersson need to play in the AHL? Based on his current effort he should be in the SPHL, but based on his ability he should be in the NHL.
I deleted that. Sorry, I'm an idiot. I thought Lias was recalled recently, but that was an old post.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
EDM offers Puljujärvi for Lias straight up--do you make that deal today?
No. Regardless of what is going on, I still firmly believe Lias' floor is an NHL player. To what capacity, that remains to be seen. If Puljujarvi doesn't make it offensively, hes not an NHLer.

Is anyone else finding the format of these recalled/reassigned threads confusing? I legitimately thought Lias was recalled because this thread is near the top. No idea why we are combining these threads with player discussion threads.

Yes....

Yes it's annoying. Just need OP or a mod to change the thread prefix. Also need people to find more appropriate threads to use instead of just the first thing they see.

Done. :)

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Yupp lol that happened to me right now. I thought they recalled him.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
EDM offers Puljujärvi for Lias straight up--do you make that deal today?

Tough to gauge, honestly. Lias could be like a Landeskog type player, but Puljujarvi could be a better version of Zibanejad. ATM, I think I'd keep Andersson because I think he'd do well under Quinn, but it's hard to not to pass on.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I wouldn't move a mid 2nd round pick for that stiff Pool guy

I'd rather see what happens with Lias than move him for a bigger question mark

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Pool Party has that Edmonton stench to him. Like he's going to be Yakupov all over again--hangs around a few years being really underwhelming before going home or to the KHL or wherever. And yes, I know he's the same age as Lias.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Pool Party has that Edmonton stench to him. Like he's going to be Yakupov all over again--hangs around a few years being really underwhelming before going home or to the KHL or wherever. And yes, I know he's the same age as Lias.

I keep having visions of MPS.

With the hype Edm fans still pound the table about thus kid, I feel Edm has ruined him and/or anyone who thinks they can salvage him is in for a rude awakening and wasted asset given up in return.

Reactions: nyr2k2

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Does it really matter if Lias turns into a 4C long term? You can just sign one in FA for like 1M or less. I'd rather take the guy with higher upside even if he is more likely to not make the league. *In general not specifically referring to Andersson or Puljujarvi

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
How long does Lias have to stink before his poor play is more relevant than the fact that he was a 7th pick in the draft? Just wondering.

When a pick seems to excel ie Miller Kravtsov we get very excited that we have a potential star. And when a prospect languishes it is too soon to be disappointed. So as long as a prospect remains a prospect the future is bright I guess.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
I wouldn’t want to give up on him without a much longer look. But sometimes you just hope that we didn’t shit the bed on that pick. (I know it’s early. But I didn’t want him at that pick either way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia