Recalled/Assigned: Lias Andersson - Part III (Loaned to SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
we can walk and chew gum at the same time here.

Lias definitely got the short end of the stick playing with Smith/Haley/McKegg, etc. and never getting an opportunity to show what he can do with legit NHL players. Admittedly, I really wanted to see what he could do in Howden's role, as I'm sure many of you would agree.

At the same time, he isn't the only player to ever be dealt a **** hand. He had the ability to force his way up the lineup, and instead of putting his nose to the grindstone, and improving his game, he accepted defeat. He chose to be a victim instead of working to turn his situation around. He took the easy way out.
Lias didn’t do shit in Hartford playing on the top line there. So there goes the ‘he wasn’t paired w anyone’ mantra.

If u need to be paired with Panarin and Buch/Kakko then ur about as good a hockey player as I am... because I could score playing with those guys too

Reactions: romba

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
Here was a player who had a decent shot and speed. Good puck skills and hockey IQ. Had size and was a two way player. But from what I saw, he never brought those to the table for any length of time and seemed to understand that there were many players in the NHL that possessed the same and excelled. I don't know if he felt ordinary or that his game didn't match his expectations of how it was supposed to be. All I saw was that instead of playing the game with desperation and tying your laces a little bit tighter, he went in the opposite direction. Lost confidence in himself and was unable to to take that step back up to playing hockey like he envisioned. I still believe that in time he will be able to right himself mentally and be a productive player. But not at this NHL level yet. He needs to get back to basics.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
We don't know the facts because Lias won't tell anyone (including his agent). So you're apologizing for not knowing all the facts because the guy who won't tell us the facts is now the guy you're apologizing for even though you don't realize it.

What are you trying to say?

I don't know anything about what went down with Lias. Lias could bare all and tell us but hasn't yet, for reasons I also am not privy to. I'm actually not even apologizing for Lias since I don't make any claims towards his innocence, either. I'm not interested in tabloid-speculation based on soundbites and storylines. I'm saying be patient, we'll learn in time.

I wouldn't be surprised if what we learned was that Lias is pouting after all, I just think it's stupid to come to that conclusion prematurely and berate anyone who is made uncomfortable by this or otherwise refuses to do the same.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Lias didn’t do **** in Hartford playing on the top line there. So there goes the ‘he wasn’t paired w anyone’ mantra.

If u need to be paired with Panarin and Buch/Kakko then ur about as good a hockey player as I am... because I could score playing with those guys too
You're missing my point. Completely.

I never said he should play with Panarin. Don't put words in my mouth

I said he only played with plugs at the NHL level. I would have liked to see him play with actual NHL players to see what he could do. Howden was given that chance, and Lias was not. There was no clear reason why Howden was given the benefit of the doubt over Howden, but thems the breaks. Lias was sent down because he couldn't hack it as a 21 year old playing with a defenseman and various other warm bodies getting 7 or 8 minutes a night. He has a legit gripe about that IMO.

But as a player, you have options on how to deal with something like that. You can have the attitude of Filip Chytil who was sent down early but worked his ass off to make it back to the big club, or you can play the victim and blame your misfortune on others in order to avoid blame yourself. Lias chose to do the latter, and moped in Hartford. Thats 100% on him.

TLDR: he had a legit gripe but he dealt with it in the worst way imaginable.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
we can walk and chew gum at the same time here.

Lias definitely got the short end of the stick playing with Smith/Haley/McKegg, etc. and never getting an opportunity to show what he can do with legit NHL players. Admittedly, I really wanted to see what he could do in Howden's role, as I'm sure many of you would agree.

At the same time, he isn't the only player to ever be dealt a **** hand. He had the ability to force his way up the lineup, and instead of putting his nose to the grindstone, and improving his game, he accepted defeat. He chose to be a victim instead of working to turn his situation around. He took the easy way out.

I disagree in that sense that he never showed anything to warrant a bump up on the depth chart.

Making the team is one thing, earning the right to stay with the big club is altogether something different and further doing enough to warrant sliding up a line or two is also different.

Lias has to EARN each one of those and all he did was make the team out of camp.

You made it to the NHL, big deal. That's where the work actually STARTS.

Move him fast

Reactions: Riche16

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
We don't know the facts because Lias won't tell anyone (including his agent). So you're apologizing for not knowing all the facts because the guy who won't tell us the facts is now the guy you're apologizing for even though you don't realize it.
He's drinking the LA Kool Aid.

All we have to go off is what we've been told and past precedent of NYR no bullying. If you want to flip precedent on it's head then don't use double talk and promise more info later. Wth is that? If LA wants to dispel it it's pretty straightforward. Why not put it all out there? Is he prepping his family and friends? Is he preparing a lawsuit against the NYR and doesn't want to spill the beans or step on his legal team's toes??? I can't figure out his reasoning and it reeks of him trying to spin it positively.

He's like EA trying to string us along with DLC that should have easily been included in the first product. Except EA's trying to make an extra million so we'll 'excuse' it. LA, as far as I can tell, has no reason to continue speaking cryptically and withholding info except for PR purposes.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I can envision Andersson going radio silent if there is an labor grievance process playing out. But so far there have been zero reports that that's the case.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
You're missing my point. Completely.

I never said he should play with Panarin. Don't put words in my mouth

I said he only played with plugs at the NHL level. I would have liked to see him play with actual NHL players to see what he could do. Howden was given that chance, and Lias was not. There was no clear reason why Howden was given the benefit of the doubt over Howden, but thems the breaks. Lias was sent down because he couldn't hack it as a 21 year old playing with a defenseman and various other warm bodies getting 7 or 8 minutes a night. He has a legit gripe about that IMO.

But as a player, you have options on how to deal with something like that. You can have the attitude of Filip Chytil who was sent down early but worked his ass off to make it back to the big club, or you can play the victim and blame your misfortune on others in order to avoid blame yourself. Lias chose to do the latter, and moped in Hartford. Thats 100% on him.

TLDR: he had a legit gripe but he dealt with it in the worst way imaginable.
He played on the top line in Hartford... one of the top teams in the AHL...

AND DID JACK SQUAT W IT

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
What are you trying to say?

I don't know anything about what went down with Lias. Lias could bare all and tell us but hasn't yet, for reasons I also am not privy to. I'm actually not even apologizing for Lias since I don't make any claims towards his innocence, either. I'm not interested in tabloid-speculation based on soundbites and storylines. I'm saying be patient, we'll learn in time.

I wouldn't be surprised if what we learned was that Lias is pouting after all, I just think it's stupid to come to that conclusion prematurely and berate anyone who is made uncomfortable by this or otherwise refuses to do the same.
He's been throwing the team under the bus and hasn't spoken to anyone on the team about it. They've reached out multiple times and he's ghosted them. He's put up a protective wall around himself suing his agent. Why should we be patient??? I can give the benefit of the doubt if he laid his cards out, but he's refusing to do so, and furthermore is not explaining why he's refusing! It's truly exasperating!

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
He's been throwing the team under the bus and hasn't spoken to anyone on the team about it. They've reached out multiple times and he's ghosted them. He's put up a protective wall around himself suing his agent. Why should we be patient??? I can give the benefit of the doubt if he laid his cards out, but he's refusing to do so, and furthermore is not explaining why he's refusing! It's truly exasperating!

Sounded like Zibanejad and Lundqvist both said to him they understood and respected his decision (his right to make it, that is). It's your prerogative to be upset or make your own conclusions: I think it's ridiculous to accuse anyone who isn't in a rush to do so of 'apologizing' or 'making excuses.' We're all in the dark on this one. That's the way it is.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Sounded like Zibanejad and Lundqvist both said to him they understood and respected his decision (his right to make it, that is). It's your prerogative to be upset or make your own conclusions: I think it's ridiculous to accuse anyone who isn't in a rush to do so of 'apologizing' or 'making excuses.' We're all in the dark on this one. That's the way it is.
He had no problem 'rushing' to talk to his media friend

No one's arguing about his rights here, I agree with Hank and Zbad that he's within his rights and I respect that too. What I don't respect is his decision after the fact to zip his lips except for some cryptic BS designed to make him appear the victim. If you want to accuse someone or an entity of something, then do it. Don't try to play a media game where you can always say 'I never said that'

Reactions: BreadKick

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
LA has the sole ability to clear up everything and hes refused to do so

Hes the problem here.

Not his usage

Not his teammates

Not the disparity in expectations and results

You have one of the most respected individuals in the game reaching out to try to better understand the kids issues and you go radio silent?

Not the smartest of moves, but not unexpected from this chump.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Honestly, if he doesn't want to come back to the Rangers, I hope he has a long, successful, and happy career in Sweden. Ideally after we've traded his rights for something resembling an asset.

No one chomping at the bit to post this?

Look at this thread. Are you really surprised?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
He has to play in Hartford...he can skate with whoever. He can right this ship but it's up to him.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
If you had told me before this season that Kravtsov would be playing in the VHL and Andersson in Division 2 of Sweden...

Reactions: mrhockey193195
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad