Recalled/Assigned: Lias Andersson - Part III (Loaned to SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
That makes it 9 points in 11 games and the first of those games he got VERY limited minutes as he hadn't had much practice time with the team.

So really it's 9 points in 10 games

Reactions: UnSandvich

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'm not sure his success takes his return into a whole new zip code, but it does potentially re-enforce the idea that he's a kid who is trying to take the final step to the NHL, and for whatever reason, it's just not going to happen in his current location. So in that sense, if a team is on the fence about a deal, or he's part of a package, it could be just enough to push it over the finish line.

The fact of the matter is that Andersson's success in the SHL and the AHL isn't run of the mill. In other words, it's not as if his production as a teenager was common place. I think that kind of gets swallowed up by the whole "like him" or "don't like him" debate.

Last edited:

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
KHL bound eventually. i just do not see an NHL player in there. hes too slow and plodding for a small guy.

my gut tells me his time here is over. the way he treated JD and all the other nonsense, i cant see any way where he comes back here.

this organization, or any for that matter cannot have 19 yr old kids acting like this and then returning back like nothing happened.

its stings for sure but best to move on from the lias andersson experiment.

it failed.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
what if Lias Andersson is just proving that he can play in Europe but not consistently well enough for the game in North America? what if his trade value gets lower because of his success in Europe and lack of success in North America?

Could be, but I think it’s fairly safe to assume that it’s more likely that someone will think that he is worth a gamble in NA and offer Gorton something if he does well in the SHL than if he didn’t.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Tossed Medal

Jan 23, 2020
Meh he’s already proven he can play in that league snd in the AHL . I hope it raises his trade value . At the NHL LEVEL I think either he’s a FAST type wing / PK GUY or a 4th line center . The pace just isn’t there and I don’t buy into DQ hating the kid . As bad as guys Hate on a guy like McKegg he’s much quicker on the puck and forecheck then Anderson . Same can be said for PDG . I hope this increases his trade value , time to move on from this guy .

Tossed Medal

Jan 23, 2020
The only thing I'll say on that is that as soon as he left here he was going to get fitted for custom skates because his feet werent right so if that's been bothering him for a while it was probably holding him back, so he should understand why a coach would be less inclined to play him if he wasnt able to perform the way he should.
upload_2020-3-3_15-16-51.jpeg

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Ya the Lias thing took on a life of it's own for personal reasons. Lots of disingenuous evaluations to me. I still have no problem standing on the hill that he's a player with upside. We could talk hypotheticals all day but end of the day he's a guy that got 10 minutes a night with non NHLers. When we see him sink or swim getting 14 minutes a night with NHL talent than I'll change my opinion on him

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
People really underestimate what it can do to a player to be playing with 4th liners. Look at Brendon Lemieux. Certainly he has his own unique traits, but isn't an offensive creator. Been getting 4th line minutes lately and now he has 1 assist and no goals in the last 14 games.

Lias Andersson was never going to succeed in that same role. Which isn't giving him an excuse for how this whole thing has played out. He needs to own that and he absolutely gave Quinn no reasons to move him up the lineup after the first few games. But people writing off him ever being a valuable NHL player, even if its not going to be as a top 6 center, is very premature.

Tossed Medal

Jan 23, 2020
He might play better in a more defensive system like the islanders or Wild play but I’m sorry he’s too slow to get minutes in the top 9 because all those players are faster then him . As bad as he is Greg McKegg is a much more effective player then Anderson .

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
serious question, what does Gordie Clark have to do to get fired? because Andersson should be the pick that does this with better players on board, I don't believe for a second, when they did not have 1st round picks, that they couldn't find NHL talent in the draft. heck if you have a great scouting staff, you can find talent in every single round of the NHL Draft.

Reactions: Tossed Medal

Tossed Medal

Jan 23, 2020
serious question, what does Gordie Clark have to do to get fired? because Andersson should be the pick that does this with better players on board, I don't believe for a second, when they did not have 1st round picks, that they couldn't find NHL talent in the draft. heck if you have a great scouting staff, you can find talent in every single round of the NHL Draft.
Not a huge fan of the VK pick either . Was he really BPA ????

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
That makes it 9 points in 11 games and the first of those games he got VERY limited minutes as he hadn't had much practice time with the team.

So really it's 9 points in 10 games
He played 11:12 in his first game, it counts :P

His scoring is very nice, underlying metrics not as nice so far, hopefully they improve.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
God forbid you criticize the great Gordie Clark around here. The man is a genius.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
KHL bound eventually. i just do not see an NHL player in there. hes too slow and plodding for a small guy.

my gut tells me his time here is over. the way he treated JD and all the other nonsense, i cant see any way where he comes back here.

this organization, or any for that matter cannot have 19 yr old kids acting like this and then returning back like nothing happened.

its stings for sure but best to move on from the lias andersson experiment.

it failed.
I don't disagree with the idea that he's gone, but I do feel like JD would be the last guy in the world to move on from a kid because JD felt the kid was acting disrespectful or immature.

If JD wants to move on from Lias it's because he either doesn't think Andersson can be successful, or doesn't think he can be successful here. I don't think the whole "He mistreated JD!" thing will factor into it at all.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Ya the Lias thing took on a life of it's own for personal reasons. Lots of disingenuous evaluations to me. I still have no problem standing on the hill that he's a player with upside. We could talk hypotheticals all day but end of the day he's a guy that got 10 minutes a night with non NHLers. When we see him sink or swim getting 14 minutes a night with NHL talent than I'll change my opinion on him
The Brett Howden Experience™️ still blows my mind

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
Meh he’s already proven he can play in that league snd in the AHL . I hope it raises his trade value . At the NHL LEVEL I think either he’s a FAST type wing / PK GUY or a 4th line center . The pace just isn’t there and I don’t buy into DQ hating the kid . As bad as guys Hate on a guy like McKegg he’s much quicker on the puck and forecheck then Anderson . Same can be said for PDG . I hope this increases his trade value , time to move on from this guy .
He had a really bad year last year at Hartford and the team stunk overall. He really showed no improvement which was a leading indication of what was ahead. He is just not a good skater.

Tossed Medal

Jan 23, 2020
The Brett Howden Experience™️ still blows my mind
Howden , can Pk , can hit can block shots AND plays with NHL pace . He’s a far superior player then Lias Anderson . All LA has going for him was draft position . Howden is no great prospect but he’s better then LA

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
I don't disagree with the idea that he's gone, but I do feel like JD would be the last guy in the world to move on from a kid because JD felt the kid was acting disrespectful or immature.

If JD wants to move on from Lias it's because he either doesn't think Andersson can be successful, or doesn't think he can be successful here. I don't think the whole "He mistreated JD!" thing will factor into it at all.

i think when you treat the organization that drafts you into the "family" the way he did, it does some damage.

perhaps it isnt as i describe but i do feel theres a sense of resentment towards him for being so disrespectful when they reached out to him. its all so immature and juvenile the way he handled things. then all the mystery and drama after. the organization must feel slightly disrespected after making an attempt to open a dialogue.

i just think theres some damage that cant be overcome at this point.

having said all that, i cannot overlook the most important single thing in this whole debacle.

he just hasnt shown hes a good enough player. and imo, this is all due to the fact that he didnt see what we all saw. he thought he as better than he was. he just wasnt good enough or ready enough. plus, hes not a good skater. at all.

and in ice hockey, when you are small and possess only average skills, thats all that matters.

period.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Howden , can Pk , can hit can block shots AND plays with NHL pace . He’s a far superior player then Lias Anderson . All LA has going for him was draft position . Howden is no great prospect but he’s better then LA
Brett Howden is Tanner Glass if Tanner Glass wasn’t slow as shit. He sucks.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Tossed Medal

Jan 23, 2020
The rangers couldn’t give LA away at this point , howden has a bigger better frame , skates 10000x better then Anderson and isn’t a pouty entitled quitter .

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
guys, we all should have seen this coming. Lias wins silver medal. tosses it into the stands. Lias "wins" second line center, tosses chances into the abyss. Now that he's shown he can score points, I wish Holland would just pull the trigger on Lias for Poolparty so we can all move on to new threads.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
guys, we all should have seen this coming. Lias wins silver medal. tosses it into the stands. Lias "wins" second line center, tosses chances into the abyss. Now that he's shown he can score points, I wish Holland would just pull the trigger on Lias for Poolparty so we can all move on to new threads.

rather get someone who is an better prospect than Poolparty. Poolparty is overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad