Confirmed with Link: Lias Andersson asks for trade. No longer with NYR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Well, one of them came back!
To be honest I still feel like Hartford is a tough location to send these guys to. I'll be frank that NE kinda sucks in the winter.

Man don't do this stuff like calling him "Lisa" it's sexist as all hell

Autocorrect man lol

Maybe Tolvanen out of NSH is an option

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
To be honest I still feel like Hartford is a tough location to send these guys to. I'll be frank that NE kinda sucks in the winter.

Russia and Sweden are not exactly Rio lol

And Vitali came back only because Siberia, making Hartford the better choice this one time lol

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Previously viewed as a warrior move but now probably looked at as a spoiled kid, right?
This kid always came off as petulant to me.

And it's not the medal toss, it's his inability to work when challenged.

That's the most disappointing thing about him. For a player drafted for his character and drive, I saw none of that.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I mean I hate to say I told you so but if you actually were being honest with yourself you could see the first day he stepped foot on the ice in Traverse City that we made a huge mistake. This kid cannot skate whatsoever. Cannot make any plays at any kind of real pace on the small ice. He is allergic to the puck and flat out laughable skating with it on his stick. He was a bust of a pick on day one. I can’t imagine there being much of a market for him. He flat out sucks. He could barely keep up in the AHL.

You were 100% right about this kid from the start. Post history proves it.

Gordie Clark needs to be gone. Just like the Yankees are purging all the old, outdated guys from their organization, the Rangers need to start doing the same.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

It does, but the team is doing much better than in prior years. They insulated the group with some 4A guys. But my biggest gripe is that you need to get these kids with some mentors and guys that will look after them. It's vital for these players. I'm not sure if HFD has that today.

And Lisa could be a typo. I've done it dozens of times since 2017 and have had to correct it.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Yeah, when Brendan Smith has been given more Top 9 minutes in the last 2 weeks than Andersson has in 2 years, no wonder he wants out. He showed promise in the preseason & first 10 games this season and Quinn ignored it, and benched him at every possible opportunity. Probably thinks (fairly) that as long as Quinn is coach, he'll never get a fair shot.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Stepan plus Ranta plus no contract to Stepan is worth ADA....Vitaly is not a miss....Lias never had wheels and weak draft whatever....Overall we can't complain

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
If they can swap him for pool party this might end up being a blessing in disguise. This is a definite black on on the whole org Quinn included.

Didn't Friedman mention that the Rangers had tossed out this idea but it was Edmonton that kinda balked at it? I can't imagine this helps that thought with the request going public.

I hope Lias is just going home for the holidays to clear his head for a bit. Not playing at all until he's dealt hurts both the Rangers and him.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I'm sorry but this isn't the rangers fault
It sure is in part. They took him 7th overall, thought he was nhl ready back at the draft. Massive failure on the scouting front. Rushed him to the ahl then nhl, yet never gave him a chance even with decent 3rd liners. Major failure wasting a 7th overall pick here, his upside was limited from the get go but they definitely failed on the development front as well.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
There is a lot to unwrap here.

Lias has no business asking for a trade at this juncture of his career. He has done nothing to provide reason for asking for a trade. He has not produced. He has not been effective at the AHL level. He is only 20 years old. Being 20 does not mean you automatically get to be in the NHL. Or because you were a top 10 pick. You have to earn it.

Now for the team side of things. There is a ton of blame to be placed on Quinn. A ton. Because Lias was not awful as far as play goes during Training Camp or Preseason. Howden, however, was and has continues to be so. And until recently Howden was still getting 3rd line minutes which was inexcusable. Now lets move past Howden for a second. The 4th line has been a black hole for this team. You have guys like Brendan Smith getting time there. Haley as well. The team defense has been a disaster all year. And while one player wont fix that, Lias is a good player defensively AND should certainly be getting ice time over Smith. Even Howden. Howden should be in the AHL.

So the blame goes both ways. But no way should this kid be asking for a trade. He just lost my respect and should lose the respect of the fan base. This is not what someone with “character” and a strong “work ethic” does. This is what an entitled kid does. Because he has a lot of work to do to become an NHLer. Not even a star NHLer, just an NHLer.

Very disappointing.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Yeah, when Brendan Smith has been given more Top 9 minutes in the last 2 weeks than Andersson has in 2 years, no wonder he wants out. He showed promise in the preseason & first 10 games this season and Quinn ignored it, and benched him at every possible opportunity. Probably thinks (fairly) that as long as Quinn is coach, he'll never get a fair shot.
He's not an NHL player right now. I agree with the criticism of Smith playing top 9 minutes but Lias is not an NHL player. His skating is garbage and his offensive instincts are non-existent. He should have gotten some minutes in the top 9 at the start of the year but they didn't give him any.

Instead of going down to Hartford and puting in the work to get back up to the team like Chytil, he's invisible for half the game he's played in.

They've been selling us character on this pick from the moment he was selected and it's blown up in their faces

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
As someone that had him ranked quite high in 2017 mock drafts, he was clearly drafted way too high. Chytil takes some of the sting away, but imagining Filip playing with Necas right now hurts.

I think there is plenty of blame to go around

Did they take him 7th because they wanted to give that scout the 1st round pick? The one who was retiring?

If so, then you want a full regime change, cause the culture of the organization is dumb. You don't give a top 10 pick away for a ceremonial act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad