Confirmed with Link: Lias Andersson asks for trade. No longer with NYR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Rangers did not do a good job handling his development but I've pretty much lose any respect I had for him with this request.

He's not lighting up Hartford by any means. All we heard when he was drafted was character this, character that. And now his season isn't going great, and he wants out?

Get lost

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Rangers did not do a good job handling his development but I've pretty much lose any respect I had for him with this request.

He's not lighting up Hartford by any means. All we heard when he was drafted was character this, character that. And now his season isn't going great, and he wants out?

Get lost
Exactly!

Reactions: NYRangers16

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
yeah kinda feel like both sides messed this up. SHould have left him in the SHL for a couple of years after being drafted, but I get the feeling he was also really pushing to come over to the NHL.

ALso feel like the Rangers did not cut him the slack they cut a guy like Howden but Andersson also never responded well to being asked to go down and get minutes in the AHL and force the issue...the last couple of times he was sent down he essentially has been invisible/pouted in the AHL.

I dunno, Rangers might want to take a look at how they're managing these kids...and they are just kids, but it's certainly not a good look

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I mean I hate to say I told you so but if you actually were being honest with yourself you could see the first day he stepped foot on the ice in Traverse City that we made a huge mistake. This kid cannot skate whatsoever. Cannot make any plays at any kind of real pace on the small ice. He is allergic to the puck and flat out laughable skating with it on his stick. He was a bust of a pick on day one. I can’t imagine there being much of a market for him. He flat out sucks. He could barely keep up in the AHL.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

Get lost
We got Kravtvsov fleeing and Lias now asking to be traded. Either something is foul internally or the kids today are extra selfish.

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
We could have done better by him. But seriously, asking for a trade when you can’t even make an NHL roster? That’s some sense of entitlement right there. And might explain why he’s not in the NHL. Does he think he is better than he is? We also dealt with this with Kravtsov - it took getting sent to the KHL minors to get his head right.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
I mean I hate to say I told you so but if you actually were being honest with yourself you could see the first day he stepped foot on the ice in Traverse City that we made a huge mistake. This kid cannot skate whatsoever. Cannot make any plays at any kind of real pace on the small ice. He is allergic to the puck and flat out laughable skating with it on his stick. He was a bust of a pick on day one. I can’t imagine there being much of a market for him. He flat out sucks. He could barely keep up in the AHL.
Sad but true

Reactions: Kovalev27

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

You were on this since day 1, respect.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The HFD organization has had two top ten picks quit on them in the last what- 2-3 months?

The **** is going on?

Well, one of them came back!
To be honest I still feel like Hartford is a tough location to send these guys to. I'll be frank that NE kinda sucks in the winter.

How can he walk away ? Kids a loser to go public

Ho Sang for Lisa... not even kidding lol

Man don't do this stuff like calling him "Lisa" it's sexist as all hell

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Remember when people were calling him the future C? Alas, simpler times how I miss thee....

Reactions: Tob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad