LIARS

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
You're already playing a "what-if" scenario. What if they had signed Karlsson?

What if they front-loaded his contract enough? What about a limited NMC like virtually everyone has these days?

I don't think anyone actually believes that a serious offer was made to re-sign Karlsson.

Many of us suspected that the whole thing was a (poorly conceived and executed) face-saving gesture and we were proven right.

The fact that Dorion let slip that the rebuild decision was made in February (what, you're going to rebuild by keeping all of your players?), and that he was on the block at the deadline, just revealed how two-faced they were over the summer.

I tweeted Melnyk... Dorion is just a puppet of that rich idiot anyhow. Honestly, as a fan of this team I look forward to seeing a half empty arena this season. f*** Melnyk, f*** Dorion, f*** this FRANCHISE until it is sold. Do they honestly take us for fools?

I cannot believe Boro had to sit down and fake it with that slime ball to promote a team that is dead in the water.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yeah, I heard that and it's a blatant lie.

You can't rebuild by keeping all your players.

Of course not.

But they knew in February, when they made the decision to rebuild that some player(s) were going to go.

So It began with off loading Dion Phaneuf & Nate Thompson on Feb 13th.
Then Chris Didomenico on Feb 15th, Dekek Brassard & Vincent Dunn on Feb 23rd, Nick Shore & Ian Cole on Feb 26th and Mike Hoffman & Cody Donaghey on June on June 19th.

They Offered a contract extension to EK65 on July ......

It's all to easy to say "that's a lie" just to keep your narrative alive.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Of course not.

But they knew in February, when they made the decision to rebuild that some player(s) were going to go.

Then Chris Didomenico on Feb 15th, Dekek Brassard & Vincent Dunn on Feb 23rd, Nick Shore & Ian Cole on Feb 26th and Mike Hoffman & Cody Donaghey on June on June 19th.

Oh please.

You don't rebuild by paying a guy a front-loaded $11-12M a year for 8 years.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
My guess is that under the Melnyk ordered circumstances of being at the cap floor, Dorion genuinely believes the only way he can build a good team is with a very tight structured Guy Boucher system, a plethora of ultra fast two-way middle-6 type players, and rolling 4 equal lines. Guys like Tierney and Bodker fit that mold perfectly.

I'm not saying he's right. I'm just saying that's probably his reasoning.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Oh please.

You don't rebuild by paying a guy a front-loaded $11-12M a year for 8 years.

Of course not ...... we agree on that. And they did not offer him a front loaded contract extension, as far as I know, or what the rumours were suggesting.

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
Then why did they offer him an extension?

If he accepted it, what would they have done?
oh...I'm sure the offer was made low enough that he wouldn't accept...stop defending these clowns.
they just traded a Ferrari for a Lada, and a few rusted out skodas...

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Of course not.

It is a lie. We are not fools here. Are you a paid hack?

This team will lose Duchene and Stone soon too, and then we'll be talking rebuild for the next 7 f***ing years, like TML. This is Eugene Melnyk trying to punish the fan base. Problem is, he is going to get punished hard this season via lack of fan based revenue.

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
They are selling us a product. We need to know what we’re buying.
unfortunately...they just got rid of their Brand...so Mr Melnyk, who pretends to be a businessman. knows NOT what he does....

Handles1919

Jul 27, 2016
ottawa
Hey Swiften, can you help me out with something?

You posted on the main boards that Ceci was a pending UFA and Dzingle was a pending RFA.

Were you wrong?
he also defended dorion and the sens team in general to the death and still is. he has egg all over his face for all his thoughts i wouldnt put much worth in them

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
oh...I'm sure the offer was made low enough that he wouldn't accept...stop defending these clowns.
they just traded a Ferrari for a Lada, and a few rusted out skodas...

Look ......... I'm defending no one.

A poster made a statement that the decision to Trade EK65 was made in February.

It was not.

The Decision to do a complete rebuild was, and number of players were dealt away in Febuary.

IF PD decided to trade EK65, in Febuary, he would have be dealt at the Deadline, maximizing the return for having EK65 for the 2018 playoffs, next season and the 2019 playoffs.

The did not trade him at the deadline.

They offered him an extension on July 1st, as promised ......... EK65 refused (for whatever reason) and was given permission to talk to other teams about the likelihood of signing an extension with them, and thereby maximizing the return for him in a trade.

So logically they, both PD and EK65 knew a trade was going to come at some point, unless EK65 decided to accept the tabled offer, if if was still "on the table".

This trade yesterday, based on what came back, signals to me, that EK65 is not going to sign an extension with the Sharks, and fully intends to become an UFA.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This trade yesterday, based on what came back, signals to me, that EK65 is not going to sign an extension with the Sharks, and fully intends to become an UFA.

The thing about trading for a pending UFA is that you get that first shot at him.

What if he likes playing with Brent Burns? What if he likes San Jose and California?

You get to make your pitch in the absence of any other suitors.

It's a gamble for sure, but a smart one, and San Jose can afford to make it.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It is a lie. We are not fools here. Are you a paid hack?

This team will lose Duchene and Stone soon too, and then we'll be talking rebuild for the next 7 ****ing years, like TML. This is Eugene Melnyk trying to punish the fan base. Problem is, he is going to get punished hard this season via lack of fan based revenue.

For what logical reason, would the owner want to "punish the fan base"???

That's way out there, if you actually believe that. I know he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and might even just be a spoon, but that's just crazy.

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
For what logical reason, would the owner want to "punish the fan base"???

That's way out there, if you actually believe that. I know he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and might even just be a spoon, but that's just crazy.

Are you seriously trying to equate logic with Eugene Melnyk. Have you actually been paying attention to this team at all for the last 10-years? Take a look at the fumble f*** moves that have been made based on Melnyk trying to play puppet master. He was talking about selling the team/ moving the team last winter and now he's gung-ho on the rebuild? Give me a f***ing break. Of course he is trying to punish the fan base, and specifically the #Melnykout folks, because he is just that vindictive.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The thing about trading for a pending UFA is that you get that first shot at him.

What if he likes playing with Brent Burns? What if he likes San Jose and California?

You get to make your pitch in the absence of any other suitors.

It's a gamble for sure, but a smart one, and San Jose can afford to make it.

I'm sure that is what Doug Wilson hopes will happen.

They have 5 players set to become UFAs in July, and 6 who will become RFAs ... so they're "going for it this season.

If it does, and he signs an 8 year extension........this ends up being the worst trade in the history of the NHL AFAIC.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Are you seriously trying to equate logic with Eugene Melnyk. Have you actually been paying attention to this team at all for the last 10-years? Take a look at the fumble **** moves that have been made based on Melnyk trying to play puppet master. He was talking about selling the team/ moving the team last winter and now he's gung-ho on the rebuild? Give me a ****ing break. Of course he is trying to punish the fan base, and specifically the #Melnykout folks, because he is just that vindictive.

I can't believe that he's that petty, that he would purposely punish the fans, as you suggest, that would only drive down tickets sales, the life blood of the franchise.

He intends, at some point in the future (as he claims) to sell this franchise, so why would he drive down it's value?

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Look ......... I'm defending no one.

A poster made a statement that the decision to Trade EK65 was made in February.

It was not.

The Decision to do a complete rebuild was, and number of players were dealt away in Febuary.

IF PD decided to trade EK65, in Febuary, he would have be dealt at the Deadline, maximizing the return for having EK65 for the 2018 playoffs, next season and the 2019 playoffs.

The did not trade him at the deadline.

They offered him an extension on July 1st, as promised ......... EK65 refused (for whatever reason) and was given permission to talk to other teams about the likelihood of signing an extension with them, and thereby maximizing the return for him in a trade.

So logically they, both PD and EK65 knew a trade was going to come at some point, unless EK65 decided to accept the tabled offer, if if was still "on the table".

Wrong
It was
They are lying
The decision was made before february to trade him
I discuss the matter with Sens of Anarchy feb 20 2018 on private convo
Stop defending them when you have no proofs and proofs exist that they had decided before.
You just look bad to try to school everybody when you are wrong

Attachments

• 0DED9A5D-A42C-4FBC-8CE5-43A2B75AD1E8.jpeg
    0DED9A5D-A42C-4FBC-8CE5-43A2B75AD1E8.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I can't believe that he's that petty, that he would purposely punish the fans, as you suggest, that would only drive down tickets sales, the life blood of the franchise.

He intends, at some point in the future (as he claims) to sell this franchise, so why would he drive down it's value?

Pay attention to Melnyk's business acumen. Judging his losses over the last few years, I would question his decision making skills regularly.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
In the pursuit of being fair, Mendes asked Dorion about that yesterday. Dorion said the decision to rebuild was made in February. Later on, the decision to move EK was made. They decided later that the easiest way to build up a pile of prospects/picks was to move EK.

This is so stupid, and I hate the Dorion keeps talking as though Karlsson had to be moved in order to get assets for the rebuild. A couple of late 1sts (maybe), a bottom pair D, a 3rd line C, and two non-elite prospects are not going to move the needle when it comes to evaluating the rebuild. If you need a 3rd line C, there are a million and one ways to get one that don't involve trading one of the best defensemen ever.

If they had landed Sergachev or Point +, or Heiskanen, or one of the rumoured packages from Vegas, I'd buy the argument that this was key to the success of the rebuild, but they traded Karlsson for a bunch of low-ceiling assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00