Prospect Info: Liam Ohgren LW, 19th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd go with

33% amateur (split equally with director of scouting and the actual scouts)
50% pro scouting
100% for own team
I wanted it to add to 100, for some weird reason.

I highly doubt Guerin is grinding tape on MHL draft eligibles, or driving up to Manitoba to catch some in-person viewings of some WHL action.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I wonder if he comes over if they lose in the first round. Here he says he want to make the team next year. But he could still play the 9 games this year without burning a ELC year?

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I wonder if he comes over if they lose in the first round. Here he says he want to make the team next year. But he could still play the 9 games this year without burning a ELC year?

In an interview with a paper(?), it sounded like he would be over in NA regardless. With the exception that he would stay in Sweden if the Wild thought that’s the best place for his development.

While keeping him in Sweden is not outlandish, I would expect the Wild to want him over in their system so they can directly work with him on any deficiencies they might think he has.

Edit: here’s the article.

The plan is they want me over. If it’s in the AHL or NHL it’s up to me and if I take a place in the NHL I want to play there. I actually don’t know if they want me in the AHL or not. They probably enjoy me in Sweden and I enjoy it here. I wouldn’t mind being here another year but it’s not up to me. It’s up to the Minnesota Wild and I will respect that.

Or something like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweetnut

Parax

Aug 26, 2018

No reason for him not to come this season. He's a side candidate, if they lose today take a few days for the visa or to adjust to the time difference and team, play him the final 9 games starting April 2nd.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
They lost the fourth game in OT. What a gigantic faceplant. This is only the second time in SHL history the first placed team lost 4-0 in the first round. They had the lead 1-0 until late in the third when Rögle pulled their goalie and scored with just over 2 minutes left. Färjestad scored 0 goals in 15 powerplays, and Rögle was around 35% for the whole series. Special teams...important.

The OT hero was Minnesota native Henry Bowlby out of Edina (Minneapolis?).
Anyone ever heard of him?
He scored 4.52 into OT, coming in fast over the blue line and got the puck perfectly and got in alone with the goalie. A really nice goal.

Liam had an ok game and did what was expected of him. A bit snakebitten, but good on defense.
He didn't look as nervous as the veteran star players, who all squeezed their sticks too hard and didn't find the net when it mattered the most.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
They lost the fourth game in OT. What a gigantic faceplant. This is only the second time in SHL history the first placed team lost 4-0 in the first round. They had the lead 1-0 until late in the third when Rögle pulled their goalie and scored with just over 2 minutes left. Färjestad scored 0 goals in 15 powerplays, and Rögle was around 35% for the whole series. Special teams...important.

He scored 4.52 into OT, coming in fast over the blue line and got the puck perfectly and got in alone with the goalie. A really nice goal.

Liam had an ok game and did what was expected of him. A bit snakebitten, but good on defense.
He didn't look as nervous as the veteran star players, who all squeezed their sticks too hard and didn't find the net when it mattered the most.

Seems
very Minnesota Wild like, Ohgren is not going to feel out of place

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail

Thanks for the updates over the course of his season!

On a side note, it’s nice to see someone Minnesota-related make it out of a first round :laugh:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It's a bit rosy to say he did what was expected of him. 0 points in a sweep, wasn't he the 5th highest goal scorer on his team at the end of the season? Think he'd be expected to contribute on the scoresheet.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Bowlby's OT goal. Look at him go! I think that's a pretty nice clinching goal. He played in the fourth line, scored only 2 goals in the regular season. And then he did this.

Who is this guy?

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Bowlby's OT goal. Look at him go! I think that's a pretty nice clinching goal. He played in the fourth line, scored only 2 goals in the regular season. And then he did this.

Who is this guy?

Undrafted Harvard graduate who never went above .45 PPG in AHL, and had 7 points in 29 games this SHL season. Seems like he's got hands though, so that's nice. Shame he's a filthy cake-eater or one might just root for the guy.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Undrafted Harvard graduate who never went above .45 PPG in AHL, and had 7 points in 29 games this SHL season. Seems like he's got hands though, so that's nice. Shame he's a filthy cake-eater or one might just root for the guy.
Seriously, Edina and Harvard? This guy's all in. :)

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
So , do we see Liam in a wild sweater for game 73?
I haven't seen any news of his coming here, yet, but even if he was here already, I sort of doubt it. I am quite sure they'll want him to get a couple practices in first, and they probably want to put guys in that they trust as they attempt to make the playoffs. Once they're officially eliminated from the playoffs, I think they'll be more open to giving the young guys more time.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I haven't seen any news of his coming here, yet, but even if he was here already, I sort of doubt it. I am quite sure they'll want him to get a couple practices in first, and they probably want to put guys in that they trust as they attempt to make the playoffs. Once they're officially eliminated from the playoffs, I think they'll be more open to giving the young guys more time.
I think we will be officially eliminated by about 5pm tomorrow lol

• Haha
Reactions: BagHead

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think we will be officially eliminated by about 5pm tomorrow lol

It could still drag out for a bit in terms of being mathematically eliminated, realistically the end of next week is I think the earliest it can happen

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
It could still drag out for a bit in terms of being mathematically eliminated, realistically the end of next week is I think the earliest it can happen
Horrifying and pathetic and completely on brand

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If the Wild lose their next three (VGK, OTT, COL), then Thursday night they'll be at 79 points with 7 games left for a max of 93

If the Kings win their next four (CGY, WPG, SEA, SJ), then Thursday night they'll be at 95 points

If VGK wins their next two (MIN, VAN), then Thursday night they'll be at 94 points

So if MIN goes 0-3-0, VGK goes 2-0, and LA goes 3-0-1 or 4-0, the absolute earliest the Wild could be mathematically eliminated is Thursday night. Realistically I think the Wild win at least one of those three, and I don't think LA gets the 7 points they need anyway, so it might end up being Saturday or Sunday night before the Wild are mathematically done. That would leave them with 5-6 games to get players like Wallstedt and Ohgren some NHL time.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
If the Wild lose their next three (VGK, OTT, COL), then Thursday night they'll be at 79 points with 7 games left for a max of 93

If the Kings win their next four (CGY, WPG, SEA, SJ), then Thursday night they'll be at 95 points

If VGK wins their next two (MIN, VAN), then Thursday night they'll be at 94 points

So if MIN goes 0-3-0, VGK goes 2-0, and LA goes 3-0-1 or 4-0, the absolute earliest the Wild could be mathematically eliminated is Thursday night. Realistically I think the Wild win at least one of those three, and I don't think LA gets the 7 points they need anyway, so it might end up being Saturday or Sunday night before the Wild are mathematically done. That would leave them with 5-6 games to get players like Wallstedt and Ohgren some NHL time.
The Wild have done an admirable job of trying to be the last non-playoff team to pick in the draft, having just passed Detroit last night. I fully expect them to go something like 7-3 or 8-2 from here out, and beat the Blues to that spot. That would probably let them fall 2-4 points outside of the playoffs. It's perfect, in its way, like how poop can be just the healthiest shade of brown.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The Wild have done an admirable job of trying to be the last non-playoff team to pick in the draft, having just passed Detroit last night. I fully expect them to go something like 7-3 or 8-2 from here out, and beat the Blues to that spot. That would probably let them fall 2-4 points outside of the playoffs. It's perfect, in its way, like how poop can be just the healthiest shade of brown.

I assume it's all of us that fondly remember the days of being eliminated in games 81 or 82, not just me?

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
We have 5 games we won’t win unless those teams decide to not play starters meaningful minutes and get some rest. Zero chance we are beating the Avs and Jets or Knights and Kings.

What we will do is valiantly battle it out with ahl squads and basement dwellers just like we did last night and everyone in the state can say ….Ope , good try boys.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Will almost certainly go this way. The only victory will be if one of our stars doesn’t sustain an injury that carries over to ‘24-25.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad