Prospect Info: Liam Ohgren LW, 19th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Swedish forward Liam Ohgren split time between the SHL club with Djurgardens IF and their junior teams. While he didn’t get a lot of ice time in the SHL, he played 25 games and picked up a goal and an assist. As a 17-year-old he led the J20 league in goals and was close to the top of the point charts despite playing just 30 games. He picked up 33 goals and 25 assists for 58 points. Ohgren also helped the team to the league final, putting up two goals and four assists for six points in six playoff games. Ohgren also helped the Djurgardens J18 to the league title. He scored five goals and four assists for nine points in five playoff games.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Feel pretty comfortable in saying he will be a good NHL player. Has the tools to be an elite scorer if development goes right.

Parax

Aug 26, 2018
Hard to really be disappointed with the pick. Seems like he has the tools to be a solid NHL player.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Not exactly our positional preference, but all signs point to a skilled forward with a scoring touch that's smarter than most. Me likey. Isn't apparently afraid of working hard either. Interesting to hear he described himself as a "power forward, two-way forward, who likes scoring goals".

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hoping he can turn into something. We need to hit on these first round forwards. Reminds me a lot of pre-draft Eriksson Ek. Goal scorer, hard to play against, two-way.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I loved him for the entire year but I was concerned when I saw some low rankings on him as I just didn't get it.

He skates well enough, he's projected to be 6-1 210lbs, he has a good shot, he's Swedens best J20 player. and he's noted as one of the harder players to go against. Hell be a 2nd/3rd liner winger with a good shot that can play all situations

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
After spending the last 20 minutes reading pre-draft reports on him, I like this pick at 19. Seems like a perfect Wild player.

The Swedish takeover from the Finns continues.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
do i think he can score? yes but where does he slot into the lineup even 3 years from now? force him to play RW??????

If he turns into a top six winger, we can easily find a spot for him. If he ends up as a bottom six winger, it won't really matter all that much if we have a spot for him or not.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
All I really wanted from these two picks was at least one swing for the fences, and they took that at #24.

I know little about Ohgren but he does sound a lot like a winger version of Ek, or maybe Rasmus Asplund. Give him time to develop and he's probably a safe bet to be a 3rd liner? Maybe more? Teams need those players, too.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
All I really wanted from these two picks was at least one swing for the fences, and they took that at #24.

I know little about Ohgren but he does sound a lot like a winger version of Ek, or maybe Rasmus Asplund. Give him time to develop and he's probably a safe bet to be a 3rd liner? Maybe more? Teams need those players, too.
Ya, Nuke was instrumental in Colorados cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00