Prospect Info: Liam Ohgren LW, 19th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Wabit

May 23, 2016
All I want is a photo of Ohgren and Wallstedt in the same picture....

1712789581044.png

25 is Ohgren, 1 is Wallstedt. 22 IIHF Worlds.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
While Milne has been the best forward in recent weeks, and Bankier has improved his all around game + earned it more IMO, my guess is a) it was discussed to get him over for the rest of the season and b) it will be a huge eye opener for the kid so he can be super motivated for the offseason. I like the kid, I like his skillset, and I hope he has a good showing, but he looked overwhelmed in the three AHL games...I mean the amount of turnovers he had last night would get any non 1st rounder/high ranked prospect benched for the rest of the game and down a line or two the following games. Firstov has been scratched already this year for less with Iowa (could be attitue/effort in practice, I don't know - point is, this isn't a merit based callup for performance in the AHL).

Reactions: Luceni

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
All I want is a photo of Ohgren and Wallstedt in the same picture....
Kind of a strange request, but who am I to judge? The heart wants what the heart wants. Have at it man.

Wallstedt and Ohgren.jpg

*edit* Damn, I had to put my kids to bed and Wabit beat me to it. Well played, sir.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
point is, this isn't a merit based callup for performance in the AHL).

This isn't anything new in this organization for sure. The Wild don't have a merit based system, and haven't for a while, as much as some people want to believe they do.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Think he can unseat Johansson as soon as next season for a top-6 winger spot? Marcus isn't exactly setting the highest bar with his productivity (30 points in 76 games isn't exactly lighting the world on fire).

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Think he can unseat Johansson as soon as next season for a top-6 winger spot? Marcus isn't exactly setting the highest bar with his productivity (30 points in 76 games isn't exactly lighting the world on fire).
Maybe...In this last game aganist San Jose Kap was giving him some side eye. As in "thank god you shot? it was hard and went of the post but you shot" Knowing the wild they will suguest against this and tell him not to shoot.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Idk about that. It’s a contract year for Jo Jo

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
So I said that if Ohgren and Khusnutdinov have bad games, I'll want to burn it down, but good games and I'll predict a Cup within 2 years. Since then they have a combined 4 points in 2 games.

I've got a map of St. Paul and some thumb tacls ready, but I'm quite busy. Anyone able to help me with planning the parade?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm hoping Yurov has been watching Ohgren's success, his celly with his countryman (Brodin), and thinks, " Hey, i can do that, and with Kaprizov!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad