Prospect Info: Liam Ohgren LW, 19th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Looks pretty dang strong in his dev camp interview

Looks pretty dang strong in his dev camp interview

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Does this mean he’ll be in the AHL to start the year or will we loan him to the SHL?
Almost certainly he'll be loaned to his SHL team. The Wild signed Brodin on his 18th birthday and proceeded to loan him to Farjestad for his 18 year old season. It also means they have confidence in him being a North American pro, so that's something.

I forgot Djurgardens was relegated, so not SHL but Allsvenskan.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
He’s ready for Iowa, IMO. With Djurgardens in Allsvenskan, I’d like to see him take a step forward and play against tougher competition. Would be a different story if he was playing SHL.

Reactions: Lapa and MuckOG

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Just added to the swedish WJC-team

Sounds like he's not planning to participate in the WJC....unless I'm reading this wrong....

Ohgren plans to return to Sweden for the offseason to continue and strengthen his skating and puck-carrying ability. He has a reserved roster spot at the 2022 IIHF World Junior Championship in Edmonton from Aug. 9-20, but right now his plans are not to attend.

Instead, it's likely the 6-foot, 187-pound Stockholm native will return for at least one more season with Djurgarden, which will play in Allsvenskan, the second-highest professional league in Sweden.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Any word on how he's looking? I see 2 assists in 9 games so far, but no context to that.

^before that goal

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Any word on how he's looking? I see 2 assists in 9 games so far, but no context to that.

^before that goal
You’d hope for more production the second league in Sweden but that whole line of rookies isn’t producing too much. I don’t know how he’s been looking though.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
You’d hope for more production the second league in Sweden but that whole line of rookies isn’t producing too much. I don’t know how he’s been looking though.
I'm okay with it. Not ecstatic, not worried.

What's great is you got him with 2 other rookies to compare and use as bechmarks - 99% of us don't really get a chance to analyze him in action. All drafted in the same year, all in the 1st round, all with slightly varying types of playstyles. Ohgren was the well-rounded player with skills to translate well into the NHL but he's producing just as much as Lekkermaki who was the flashiest offense and the highest offensive upside of the 3. That said, Ostlund is starting to take a half step of seperation from the two with 4 more minutes of icetime and 3 more points (albeit in just a 10 game sample size). Will be interesting to see how they translate into NA game.

Reactions: Minnesota

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
I'm okay with it. Not ecstatic, not worried.

What's great is you got him with 2 other rookies to compare and use as bechmarks - 99% of us don't really get a chance to analyze him in action. All drafted in the same year, all in the 1st round, all with slightly varying types of playstyles. Ohgren was the well-rounded player with skills to translate well into the NHL but he's producing just as much as Lekkermaki who was the flashiest offense and the highest offensive upside of the 3. That said, Ostlund is starting to take a half step of seperation from the two with 4 more minutes of icetime and 3 more points (albeit in just a 10 game sample size). Will be interesting to see how they translate into NA game.
Ostlund is producing more, but is also getting more ice time -- about 4 minutes a game more than Lekkerimaki and 4 and a half minutes a game more than Ohgren. Djurgarden individual player stats here.

Reactions: Minnesota

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad