Status
Not open for further replies.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
rPEqa7o.jpg

Depth is lovely, actually scoring goals is another thing

I hear ya, but that depth meant that the Blues were 17 points ahead of the Stars in the standings at the end of the year.

Jun 9, 2011
i think mcd is going to get his first point

i think our offense is going to come. Our powerplay will be good

mcdavid + yakupov will display insane chemistry and light it up for the rest of the season and the next 15 years
yes :)

Gambl0r83*

Excited to see
-Yakupov McDavid dangelitus
-Anders performance
-Hall vs Benn
-Brandon Davidson
-First Oilers win

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Although the Stars were GF - GA = 0
Blues were GF - GA = +42

Yup, Blues obviously have better blueline but at the same time they have more forwards who are committed to playing hockey well in all 3 zones. Dallas has a ton of cherry pickers who aren't really into backchecking.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Score a goal, hit a body. That's all I ask.

Also, can McDavid please score. Getting a little annoyed at seeing all the McDavid putdowns on the main board every time Eichel scores a goal.

Don't worry, Slepyshev will score a goal and hit some bodies tomorrow

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Much more structure to EDM's game so far. Even against two really good, defensive teams, they hung in there well.

Keeping Ferrence off the ice is also a positive. He's done.

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
For the love of God please let me see a goal scored by the Oilers tomorrow.

I'm getting a little worried about McDavid haven't seen him score a goal since 1st game at young stars. That means no goals against U of A or in pre-season and now regular season!!

HallOfGreatness4

Best NHL gambler around
Dec 29, 2010
itshockeynight.com
I build lineups for DFS players in NHL. I can tell you that without any doubt, the top players to build around are Seguin, Spezza, Benn, and anyone on Dallas' 1st and 2nd line. Read into that how you will.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Can't watch the game. :cry: Really wanted to watch Nilsson's first start as an Oiler. Now I see I'm going to miss McDavid and Yak as well.
That's too much to expect me to pass up, oh well, didn't want that job anyway.

Maybe after this game if Pucell doesn't start applying himself, he can slide down the lineup in favor of someone who actually wants to be in the NHL (like Slepyshev), or someone who is going to at least skate his guts out (like Korpse). Same goes for Pouliot.

I build lineups for DFS players in NHL. I can tell you that without any doubt, the top players to build around are Seguin, Spezza, Benn, and anyone on Dallas' 1st and 2nd line. Read into that how you will.
Huh. Anyone who ever tried to build around Spezza itrw fell flat on their face. Read into that what you will.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Yup, Blues obviously have better blueline but at the same time they have more forwards who are committed to playing hockey well in all 3 zones. Dallas has a ton of cherry pickers who aren't really into backchecking.

Can't fault you there.

But this all started because we let in 3 goals against St Louis, who you said had better forward depth.

So we shouldn't be too bad against Dallas, who scored more goals last year.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Can't fault you there.

But this all started because we let in 3 goals against St Louis, who you said had better forward depth.

If our shutdown line can do a decent job of containing their first line and if we can get goaltending as good as that what we got from our first two games we shouldn't look too bad.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Can't fault you there.

2 goals and an empty netter.

Skawtty

Aug 29, 2015
Central Alberta
Really interesting that we haven't scored any goals yet. Would not have thought that before the first 2 games. It is tough to start the year on the road but here we are in Dallas and my thoughts are oilers will get a surprise and score in bunches and get the monkey off their backs. We will hopefully see McYak line put up a few and RHN line do something as well. The game ends 5-4 with oilers winning the 3 vs 3.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Yet I would still take Dallas's Forwards over St Louis's Forwards.

Dallas's Forwards>>St Louis's Forwards

St Louis Defense>>Dallas's Defense

IMO

Dallas really only has Seguin and Benn, Nuke is still unproven and Spezza, Hemsky and Sharp are getting on in years. The Blues have 1 stacked line ,2 other pretty balanced scoring lines and a tough 4th line.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I got it as 4-2 Dallas too. 2 goals for Seguin, 1 for Benn, 1 for Hemsky.

Hendricks and Hall for the Oilers.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Yet I would still take Dallas's Forwards over St Louis's Forwards.

Dallas's Forwards>>St Louis's Forwards

St Louis Defense>>Dallas's Defense

IMO

It's more like

Dallas top 2 forwards >> St. Louis top 2 forwards

Rest of St. Louis >>>>>>>>> Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad