Status
Not open for further replies.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I think McD is going to get his first point

I think our offense is going to come. Our powerplay will be good

McDavid + Yakupov will display insane chemistry and light it up for the rest of the season and the next 15 years

I would be so overjoyed if this happens.
If this happens we can have Yakupov + Mcdavid, Hopkins + Eberle and Hall + Lander until we make a trade. :)

Yakupov and Mcdavids style's seem made for each other. Hopefully they develop some good chemistry.

It would certainly be interesting to see Yakupov play with an unselfish fast skating player with good puck skills.

Past 2 games nothing really happens when Yakupov has the puck because he's not supposed to try to go through 2-3 defenders on his own, his linemates don't get to the dirty areas fast enough and when Yakupov is in a good position to shoot he hasn't been on a line with players capable of making good passes in high pressure situations.

Dallas wins in a high scoring game in regulation, 5-4.

IMO that's worse than losing 1-0 or 2-0 because it speaks volumes on how our defensive and goaltending game fell apart.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
I would be so overjoyed if this happens.
If this happens we can have Yakupov + Mcdavid, Hopkins + Eberle and Hall + Lander until we make a trade. :)

It would certainly be interesting to see Yakupov play with an unselfish fast skating player with good puck skills.

Past 2 games nothing really happens when Yakupov has the puck because he's not supposed to try to go through 2-3 defenders on his own, his linemates don't get to the dirty areas fast enough and when Yakupov is in a good position to shoot he hasn't been on a line with players capable of making good passes in high pressure situations.

IMO that's worse than losing 1-0 or 2-0 because it speaks volumes on how our defensive and goaltending game fell apart.

Dallas's Forward crop is miles better than Nashville's.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
I've been pretty entertained by the first couple games and I don't it's just the offseason layoff talking. The Oilers hung in there with a couple top teams much more than what I'm used to. I expect this game to be better.

Save us, McYak.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Slepyshev has looked good in his first few games, but I think he's playing his last few before being sent down IMO. He's seemingly slipping down the depth chart and each game he's seeing less impressive linemates.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Yakupov and Mcdavids style's seem made for each other. Hopefully they develop some good chemistry.

I sure hope you're right, but I got a feeling McDavid is gonna have to be good at retrieving the puck after Yak misses the net if these two are gonna have success together. Or hopefully Yak can improve his accuracy.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Oilers get pushed around and get the game dictated to them a lot on this road trip. They have pushed back, but also have a lot of passengers. Only Talbot has been consistently good.

If they stop respecting the other teams and get on top of the Stars at all times, they got a chance.

Hope they win but not particularly optimistic.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Oilers get pushed around and get the game dictated to them a lot on this road trip. They have pushed back, but also have a lot of passengers. Only Talbot has been consistently good.

If they stop respecting the other teams and get on top of the Stars at all times, they got a chance.

Hope they win but not particularly optimistic.
Dallas has a much weaker defense. So it will allow us more space.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
We're starting Nilsson, boys! He's literally perfection, right? 6-0 win! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh

McShiva

5-14-6-1
Aug 27, 2010
I'm happy, always thought Hall and Mcdavid wouldn't work as well as others, because BOTH like to carry the puck in. Hall took over, and it made McDavid ineffective because as a puck carrier, that was one of his primary strengths. Yak shows flexibility, he will differ to McDavid on that end, so zone entries should be better.
Did they use different units on the PP practice today? Loading up RNH/McDavid/Hall just didn't work very well.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I actually quite like the lines, and when Eberle comes back he could just take Purcell's spot and you're good to go.

Hopefully it can be a case of

"and when Eberle comes back we can waive Purcell and you're good to go."

I really hope the Sleplev can elevate his play 10% (that's what I think it should take) so that he can stay up and Purcell can go down.

Do reentry waivers still exist?

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
And St. Louis' forward depth is better than Dallas', yet we let 3 goals in.

rPEqa7o.jpg

Depth is lovely, actually scoring goals is another thing

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Hopefully it can be a case of

"and when Eberle comes back we can waive Purcell and you're good to go."

I really hope the Sleplev can elevate his play 10% (that's what I think it should take) so that he can stay up and Purcell can go down.

Do reentry waivers still exist?

Nope

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I actually think we get our first win. It was my prediction to go 0-2 first 2 games, so im not panicking yet.

Man I cant wait to get Ebs back.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Score a goal, hit a body. That's all I ask.

Also, can McDavid please score. Getting a little annoyed at seeing all the McDavid putdowns on the main board every time Eichel scores a goal.

Last edited:

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Slepyshev has looked good in his first few games, but I think he's playing his last few before being sent down IMO. He's seemingly slipping down the depth chart and each game he's seeing less impressive linemates.

And yet they continue to put Purcell the tumor on the top lines

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
They'll start scoring eventually, gain some confidence, and get rolling...hopefully enough to not be out of the playoffs by november.

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that either McDavid or Yak scores a goal tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad