OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Bought some more LSPD yesterday after the stock took a dip. Nice jump after earnings today. Have done better on Nuvei overall.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Lion (LEV) has picked up after a week of falling with the EV sector (Tesla notably) right as they went public. I bought the 3rd/4th trading day I believe, at roughly 19$ (CAD), and it's now up to 22$. I expect a lot of high and lows due to the sector being so volatile. It should be a fun ride :)

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Lion (LEV) has picked up after a week of falling with the EV sector (Tesla notably) right as they went public. I bought the 3rd/4th trading day I believe, at roughly 19$ (CAD), and it's now up to 22$. I expect a lot of high and lows due to the sector being so volatile. It should be a fun ride :)

I was picking some up today, I really like what I see.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
So how much money are you all actually making on investments in crypto? Thousands of dollars? Tens of thousands of dollars? Hundreds of thousands of dollars? Dozens of dollars?

What platform are you using to purchase crypto?

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
So how much money are you all actually making on investments in crypto? Thousands of dollars? Tens of thousands of dollars? Hundreds of thousands of dollars? Dozens of dollars?

Overall I've lost 100$ in bitcoin thus far. Nothing to write home about ;)

Oh and I invest through my discount brokerage, via ETFs. Invested ~550$ in cryptos.

Last edited:

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

Right now, I'm in negative heh. 4 digits losses with 5 digits invested.

BTCC/ETHX - RBC DI and WS.
TFSA/RRSP approved

Canada based Crypto.
NDAX. Shakepay and Coinstmart.

International based Crypto
ascendex, binance, gate.io

blockfi for HODL with interest

Habs

Feb 28, 2002

TFSA/RRSP approved

Canada based Crypto.

I also bought the ETHX, I am a bit worried now.. ETH appears to headed to a bear market so I may end up averaging in the near future.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Overall I've lost 100$ in bitcoin thus far. Nothing to write home about ;)

Oh and I invest through my discount brokerage, via ETFs. Invested ~550$ in cryptos.

TFSA/RRSP approved

Canada based Crypto.

I also bought the ETHX, I am a bit worried now.. ETH appears to headed to a bear market so I may end up averaging in the near future.

it’s weird, in the past two weeks I’ve asked about 20 people how much money they’ve made in crypto and all 20 have said they have lost money.

the enthusiasm about crypto from these people I know does not match the fact that none of them have made money.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
it’s weird, in the past two weeks I’ve asked about 20 people how much money they’ve made in crypto and all 20 have said they have lost money.

the enthusiasm about crypto from these people I know does not match the fact that none of them have made money.

You HAVE to take profit along the way, and then .. I believe stake your returns. I'm always looking 12 months out, so this dip didn't hit me that hard, I just bought more of my favorite coins. My portfolio will generate a decent daily return for the next 12 months, I'm just adding and adding to my liquidy pools.

Reactions: llamateizer

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

It crashed last week and this week, that's why. But people have made fortunes in it, hence the enthusiasm. Most people got late to the party and bought when coins were 'high' (yours truly, at least for BTC), so they're not the ones who made fortunes. Before february 2021 it was pretty hard and sketchy to invest in Bitcoin and Ethereum.

I knew what I got into when I hopped into Bitcoin and Ethereum, so I'm not mad nor surprised by the magnitude of the drop. But a lot of people are tasting their first losses with those investments and realize they might have taken too much risk.

Last edited:

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

I make some good money in crypto by simply dcaing. I only play the two top dogs though, btc/eth. I’m not into any of the shitcoins. I am still up even after the latest pullback on btc/eth. There is money to be made.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

Late adopters experiencing their first crash. Anyone in before 2021 is up money if they bought and held.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I came in late and did not invest enough and now around 40% of my money is in btc and eth, so Im only up a couple thousands overall.

By next cycle? I expect that to 10x, maybe 20x.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I came in late and did not invest enough and now around 40% of my money is in btc and eth, so Im only up a couple thousands overall.

By next cycle? I expect that to 10x, maybe 20x.
What platform are you using to purchase? How quick is the conversion to crypto and back to regular?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Ndax, binance, ascendx

Ndax is instant more or less, binance and ascend takes a bit of time because you need to wire through two times.
Hmmm. I want to pull the trigger and pick some up, but I am way too conservative with investments and don't do well with volatility.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hmmm. I want to pull the trigger and pick some up, but I am way too conservative with investments and don't do well with volatility.
Then dont. Good time to invest in a few projects but its 100% volatile and you need diamond hands and to be able to take profits when it makes sense.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

What’s your investment timeframe? I mean, how long are you comfortable keeping money tied to investments?

There are safer options with nearly guaranteed upside if you’re patient.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
What’s your investment timeframe? I mean, how long are you comfortable keeping money tied to investments?

There are safer options with nearly guaranteed upside if you’re patient.
Realistically, I could easily keep 2-3k in there for years without really worrying about it. The problem is that I am neurotic and panic all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad