OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
All you proved with this post is that you don’t understand the market at all.

Where exactly did I say that I was a crypto mastermind? I just bring a Finance/investment POV to the conversation. Most people should not be investing in there, in my opinion. Especially people who say they tend to panic over volatility.

If you disagree with that last statement, then you sir know nothing about investing and risk tolerance...

I have never said I expect BTC /ETH to go to X price (because you can't make such a prediction), nor do I predict a bull or bear market. Technical analysis is bullshit and a lot of crypto investors use it unfortunately. I find the crypto market fascinating, but I don't pretend to understand it. In fact, a lot of crypto investors suffer from overconfidence in their ability to understand the damn thing. It's not a crypto thing though, because a lot of investors suffer from the overconfidence bias, to begin with ;)

Fundamentals of behavioral finance: Overconfidence bias - InvestmentNews.

That's why I personally am not a fan of picking stocks. Having studied it for many years in College I know it is really hard, especially in public markets.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Where exactly did I say that I was a crypto mastermind? I just bring a Finance/investment POV to the conversation. Most people should not be investing in there, in my opinion. Especially people who say they tend to panic over volatility.

If you disagree with that last statement, then you sir know nothing about investing and risk tolerance...

I have never said I expect BTC /ETH to go to X price (because you can't make such a prediction), nor do I predict a bull or bear market. Technical analysis is bullshit and a lot of crypto investors use it unfortunately. I find the crypto market fascinating, but I don't pretend to understand it. In fact, a lot of crypto investors suffer from overconfidence in their ability to understand the damn thing. It's not a crypto thing though, because a lot of investors suffer from the overconfidence bias, to begin with ;)

That's why I personally am not a fan of picking stocks. Having studied it for many years in College I know it is really hard, especially in public markets.
I’m referring to your comment of Elon/China news tanking the price. This was not the reason for the dip. Bitcoin is bigger than Elon Musk. The China news is nothing new, it was likely a story put out ahead of time as the coordinated selloff took place. This is textbook manipulation, Bitcoin is subject to it, just like the stock market. When the GME saga unravels you will have an idea of how f***ing fraudulent the whole system is.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Why do you say TA is BS?

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I’m referring to your comment of Elon/China news tanking the price. This was not the reason for the dip. Bitcoin is bigger than Elon Musk. The China news is nothing new, it was likely a story put out ahead of time as the coordinated selloff took place. This is textbook manipulation, Bitcoin is subject to it, just like the stock market. When the GME saga unravels you will have an idea of how f***ing fraudulent the whole system is.

Could be, who knows, really.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
I had 30 bucks sitting in my paypal account so I bought bitcoin to go with my 10 bucks of ETH, lol. :laugh:

Hehe I remember needing to pay in BTC to buy access to something online a year or something ago, I think it cost like 14 bucks. I put in 20$ and totally forgot about it and came back to check sometime this year to see my 6$ go to like 12$ lol

Reactions: montreal

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
interesting to see which direction crypto is going this week as it's closing under the 21 EMA.

Entering the DCA mode and pray for the best. if not, see you in 2024

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It is opensource.. if there was a secret features it would be known. Biggest risk IMO, is quantum computing breaking the algorithm.

And if that happens, I am not sure the Bitcoin community can adapt. Too much division and byzantine politics to take hits and adjust.

Lol "quantum computing"

For now, QC is far from offering anything as it is highly unstable for software, let alone crack anything complicated.

I hope you felt you sounded interesting.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
Lol "quantum computing"

For now, QC is far from offering anything as it is highly unstable for software, let alone crack anything complicated.

I hope you felt you sounded interesting.

Never said it was an imminent threat. I am saying it is a concern.

And no need to be mean. If you wake up and have to Google something you dont understand to write your daily snotty toxic post, a good rule of thumb is change your tampon and move on.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
interesting to see which direction crypto is going this week as it's closing under the 21 EMA.

Entering the DCA mode and pray for the best. if not, see you in 2024

I'm thinking we're only seeing a small rise today and it will go back down again for a few weeks. Pretty sure BTC's actual price without speculative inflation is somewhere between 5k and 15k.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Never said it was an imminent threat. I am saying it is a concern.

And no need to be mean. If you wake up and have to Google something you dont understand to write your daily snotty toxic post, a good rule of thumb is change your tampon and move on.

I'm pretty sure I understand Quantum computing much better than you do. If you did understand the tech, you wouldn't have made that comment. We're literally at least a decade away if not more, from actual workable QC, if we ever manage to work out its major problem.

Your post is 100× more insulting and toxic than anything I told you. Hope you feel better, kid.

You should take your own advice

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I love me some GME. The gift that keeps on giving. Shorts have covered Lolol. Sure they have. Let’s see if this can cool this rocket down before liftoff. GameStop crypto token in the works. Hopefully this token will be used as a dividend to shareholders. So freaking bullish.

Some still argue with me that this is a $20 stock. I love this stock.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I love me some GME. The gift that keeps on giving. Shorts have covered Lolol. Sure they have. Let’s see if this can cool this rocket down before liftoff. GameStop crypto token in the works. Hopefully this token will be used as a dividend to shareholders. So freaking bullish.

Some still argue with me that this is a $20 stock. I love this stock.

It is a 20$ stock :)
But I love seeing GME going high

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
It is a 20$ stock :)
But I love seeing GME going high
Doesn’t look like no 20$ stock to me. Time to catch up. I remember posting about this months ago and being told the squeeze was over in January. Crypto token coming. The sky is the limit, if they pay the shareholders a crypto dividend I’ll be so freaking jacked.

The squeeze hasn’t even started. The transformation has started, this is a 150$ stock on a bad day.

Last edited:

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Doesn’t look like no 20$ stock to me. Time to catch up. I remember posting about this months ago and being told the squeeze was over in January. Crypto token coming. The sky is the limit, if they pay the shareholders a crypto dividend I’ll be so freaking jacked.

The squeeze hasn’t even started. The transformation has started, this is a 150$ stock on a bad day.

it's high because of the squeeze not because it has fundamentals.
I suppose it's one of the positive side of shorting a stock.
good for GME for taking the opportunity to survive and thrive.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

How do you value it at 150$? Discounted cash flows? P/E multiple? I'm curious.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
Major short squeeze attempt with AMC. Apparently there are a lot of synthetic shares out there. The guys on Reddit think the stock will hit $100k which I don’t think is possible but I’m willing to gamble lol

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Major short squeeze attempt with AMC. Apparently there are a lot of synthetic shares out there. The guys on Reddit think the stock will hit $100k which I don’t think is possible but I’m willing to gamble lol

100k/share would make it a market cap of 44 Trillion
If it hits 100$, that would be something. Can't imagine 100k

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
So, have you guys bought the proverbial dip on BTC and Ethereum? I put a little more Tuesday in both, , but I decided it was the last time I would in the near future if it keeps crashing.

Reupped BTC to be ~500$ in value, and Ethereum I'm now close to 100$. It's cool cause I got to invest at the same entry point for ETH as I did a month ago. For BTC I got to buy for roughly 10K$US less in BTC value (hopped in first at ~50K, now it's hovering at 37-38K).

I'm also up ~25% on Lion Électrique. I figured if it goes to 30$ CAD, I'll trim a bit back to the original amount I invested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->