OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Anyone feel like last year is unsustainable?

In last 6 months I’m at around ~80% return and I’m starting to wonder if I peaked. I’m wondering if at any point a bubble will appear and I’ll be foolishly still in.

Yes, last year was ridiculous in Tech. A lot of future growth is built in. But, some energy producers are still near 5 year lows, banks are trading at 12 P/E.

Not sure how much you have in the markets and what percentage it is of your net worth, or what your horizon is. You could always take some profits.

My strategy is to stay 15% cash and buy stuff as it goes on sale. Bought SHOP last week, great company that was off 30% and getting caught up in the wider tech sell off. Will it go lower? Who knows, if so, will buy some more.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
The dot com boom is more like the tech boom or any other in the stock market. Crypto is very different from all the other booms because it serves a mechanical purpose to electronic trades, one which is advantageous compared to the hurdle track of passing through financial institutions. It's not an industry or commerce, it's a financial tool.

Seriously, A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G that has future growth written all over it, will get a boom. It's just the nature of speculation.

I think that most of the more serious crypto developers of today will all become bigger with time because it's based on an ever growing use. Because of that it's entirely different from the dot com boom.

Crypto is more akin to what happened to the bond market over the last two generations.

And that's not a boom and bust. It's bullish through half your life.

I'm in payments and work for a Bank so I know way more then I'd like to about KYC, AML, beneficial ownership underwriting, etc. And that's where Crypto loses me as a method of payment - in order for it to be viable, it will need to be layered with all of the compliance that comes with the US and global financial systems. I suspect the banks will strangle the thing to death once they get their hands on it.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Bought some Polygon when it was still named Matic a few weeks ago, and oh boy was I glad in the last week and then I wake-up this morning and almost half the ground I had gained was lost. Relief, it's going back up now.

great buy, I missed out on Matic ..waiting for a bigger dip

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Yes, last year was ridiculous in Tech. A lot of future growth is built in. But, some energy producers are still near 5 year lows, banks are trading at 12 P/E.

Not sure how much you have in the markets and what percentage it is of your net worth, or what your horizon is. You could always take some profits.

My strategy is to stay 15% cash and buy stuff as it goes on sale. Bought SHOP last week, great company that was off 30% and getting caught up in the wider tech sell off. Will it go lower? Who knows, if so, will buy some more.
Weeks ago I cashed out 20 percent of my stock portfolio.

I am very leery of the direction of the stock market due to our government leaders and the signals and policy they are dictating.

I do think Crypto will rebound because of the above statement.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'm in payments and work for a Bank so I know way more then I'd like to about KYC, AML, beneficial ownership underwriting, etc. And that's where Crypto loses me as a method of payment - in order for it to be viable, it will need to be layered with all of the compliance that comes with the US and global financial systems. I suspect the banks will strangle the thing to death once they get their hands on it.

You need identity confirmation to open a wallet and the federal (and provinces) gets financial reports on users. I don't know man, I 'm thinking as long as it remains only for electronic transactions, governments will have to put out new regulations to stop it, because that's the whole point, to bypass banks while offering the same security and the newer token companies are hard at work to produce software that does just that. The regulations you talk about were all put into place to quell fraud and money laundering -through the banks-. They'll need new regulations for this as ot is not currency per se, but a means of exchange.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Reactions: montreal

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
I don't have any crypto exposure anymore, I see alot of them are down this week, maybe I'll make a play tomorrow

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I think the crypto selloff may have been completely orchestrated. We wanted institutions in, we got em, you get what you asked for. I think we’ve hit the floor on btc and we trade sideways for 5-6 weeks and start back up.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
I think the crypto selloff may have been completely orchestrated. We wanted institutions in, we got em, you get what you asked for. I think we’ve hit the floor on btc and we trade sideways for 5-6 weeks and start back up.

looks pretty suspicious the way it went down with Elon's ramblings etc...

It either goes a long ways up from here, or they say the next resistance is the 21k level.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
She also says bitcoin will go to $500,000

Macfee once said it was going to 1 Million. Of course he's a tad nuts but I was surprised she said that as that's a very big number. I have a few dollars in ETH but I might pick up a little bitcoin. I have done really well with SI as I got it at 30 and trimmed 50 of the 150 I bought in 100's. I've been thinking of getting 100 shares of MSTR since it's dropped.

I go through her buys and sells every day and even though, some always make you scratch your head, I do like her underlying fundamental of just focusing on the business and industry.

Even though we know the market tends to be affected by many macro players, she seems to focus solely on the business. Which I guess in the long run, is a good play

I don't follow her too much, I have a little ARKF and I've been in ARKK in the past and am thinking about getting back but only 50 shares for now and if it drops I'll be another 50 in time.

I'm not a crypto person but with China involved I wouldn't put anything past them.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
What's happening with Bunny coin?

it has lost 80% of its value.

I tried to deposit 2 bunny but it costs 0.04 BNB (15$), same with withdrawal.

even with having enough gas, the transaction didn't passed.

upload_2021-5-20_9-21-50.png

EDIT: oh

Go Forward Plan

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What crypto cash? Sold ADA and ETH high, bought low yesterday... now im up 20% on all.

This should be illegal lmao.

I own 200+ shares of ADA. I'm going to sit back and let it ride for years. Can't be bothered with the daily/weekly watch and those who bought Bitcoin low back when and stuck with it are the ones who did the best.

I'm not looking to make a few hundred with daily/weekly transfers. I'm looking to make substantial gains before I act. That will take time and I'll let the waive of others buying/selling play it's course. I only got about $1000 invested in about 10 coins and that's as far as I will go with this type of investing.

Reactions: Andy

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
What crypto cash? Sold ADA and ETH high, bought low yesterday... now im up 20% on all.

This should be illegal lmao.

Lol. I know. it's not "easy" easy. but it's easy.

for someone who doesn't like to take risk, I willing fully exposed myself in order to learn and get hurt.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I own 200+ shares of ADA. I'm going to sit back and let it ride for years. Can't be bothered with the daily/weekly watch and those who bought Bitcoin low back when and stuck with it are the ones who did the best.

I'm not looking to make a few hundred with daily/weekly transfers. I'm looking to make substantial gains before I act. That will take time and I'll let the waive of others buying/selling play it's course. I only got about $1000 invested in about 10 coins and that's as far as I will go with this type of investing.
I own about 10xs that and have bought about that amount with my own money.

You do you though

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
What's happening with Bunny coin?

it has lost 80% of its value.

I tried to deposit 2 bunny but it costs 0.04 BNB (15$), same with withdrawal.

even with having enough gas, the transaction didn't passed.

View attachment 436341

EDIT: oh

Go Forward Plan

I picked up 100 bunny for 100$ last night, insane. I expect it to go over 100$ again soon, they aren't shutting down. I would buy more today if I hadn't blew the rest of my load on more CAKE.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I picked up 100 bunny for 100$ last night, insane. I expect it to go over 100$ again soon, they aren't shutting down. I would buy more today if I hadn't blew the rest of my load on more CAKE.

30$ looks like a base price. hopefully it recovers sooner than later.

wanted to dip in the 4000% of wBNB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad