OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Wait what? same actor? Someone old enough to be on this forum does not know who Jeff Bridges is?

I really like Jeff Bridges, but I too completely missed the fact he was the villain in Ironman. I can't explain why since he's a tremendous actor and I like his work. WTF lol.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The Louis Litt character is one of the best antagonists on tv. He makes whatever makes that series special.

But I agree that it's certainly a formula series.

I thought he was at first but like I said before, it's repetitive. Litt will screw things up but then he'll get his super game face on and work it out, or someone else in the firm will.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I thought he was at first but like I said before, it's repetitive. Litt will screw things up but then he'll get his super game face on and work it out, or someone else in the firm will.

You're speaking about an issue with the writing and directing.

That actor is very, very talented. He brings plausible existence to a caricature of a character.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
suits-season-4-is-coming-time-for-some-quotes_5c344d999b1c1e036f40b892eea55a94.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Last edited:

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I liked the light surrealist elements in Baruchel's Man Seeking Woman. This summer I also liked The Brink, with Jack Black... and Ballers even though people here didn't like it.

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
That wasn't a cameo, it was an important role and commentary on NASA culture, and a foil to Cooper as well.

Mann (Matt Damon) waa about both how the loneliness of space can drive people insane, but aldo the danger of a common culture at NASA and associated parts, among people like Robert Zubrin, that of always putting the mission first, ahead of people.

I spoke to a friend who works on the engineering of human space fight. He said Damon was one of his favorite parts of the movie, because he is the perfect answer to the questions he gets from ignorant journalists at press conferences on a regular basis.

I assume you already know that Damon is playing an eerily similar role in the upcoming film, "The Martian", based on the bestselling book.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Finally binged my way through Better Call Saul. As much as I worshipped Breaking Bad, it took until last week to watch the sequel/prequel. But once I started -- boy oh boy oh boy, Better Call Saul has the same rich, thick storylines as BB, with the same great writing and production. Man, where the hell has Vince Gilligan been all my life?

The only slightly weird thing is the required mental shift to accept that the repeating characters are supposed to be five/six years younger than BB's timeline, when in fact the actors are six years older. That's over a decade of cumulative aging we're forced to look past.

CanuckBeSerious

Legendary Frog
Nov 1, 2011
Montréal
Finally binged my way through Better Call Saul. As much as I worshipped Breaking Bad, it took until last week to watch the sequel/prequel. But once I started -- boy oh boy oh boy, Better Call Saul has the same rich, thick storylines as BB, with the same great writing and production. Man, where the hell has Vince Gilligan been all my life?

The only slightly weird thing is the required mental shift to accept that the repeating characters are supposed to be five/six years younger than BB's timeline, when in fact the actors are six years older. That's over a decade of cumulative aging we're forced to look past.

Try Wet Hot American Summer : First Day of Camp. Actors are 14 years older and supposed to be 8 weeks younger :laugh:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I really disliked American summer. Cool that all of these guys are ultra famous now, but it was really bad. I get what they wanted to do, but it was neither funny, not a good parody.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I thought the whole Matt Damon part almost ruined Interstellar completely. He was horrible in it and it was such a lame, cheesy plot point.

Also:

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Kill Bill 1&2
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Death Proof
5. Django Unchained
6. Inglourious Basterds

Still haven't seen Jackie Brown.

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
I had a WTF moment with the TD season finale. I actually liked season two enough. Not as good as season 1 obviously but I liked it. Didn't really like the ending but as whole it wasn't too bad.

Haven't watched Sunday's episodes of Ballers and The Brink yet. Ballers is ok but not great. I'm going to watch the rest of the season but not sure I'll be watching the next one. I like the Brink quite a bit for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad