OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'm looking forward to Southpaw with Jake Gyllenhall.

But one issue ... when will Hollywood shift to making more MMA movies than boxing movies?

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
1. Inglourious Basterds
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Kill Bill 1
4. Kill Bill 2
5. Reservoir Dogs
6. Django Unchained
7. Death Proof
8. Jackie Brown

The top 4 are great movies, Reservoir Dogs is good and the last 3 are bad or pretty bad.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I can't take these rags to riches boxing movies. It's been done and overdone.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I was at the movies tonight (saw Fantastic 4, it sucked), the line up for Straight Outta Compton was massive. It was 99.99% white males who don't curve their hats. It was interesting to see so many cool ass mofo's in the same spot, that's for sure.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Watched Ironman again a couple of weeks back and I noticed that the villain is the same actor of the Big Lebowski. He's pretty good in it too.

Bridges.jpg

vs

Big-Lebowski-White-Russian.jpeg

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Watched Ironman again a couple of weeks back and I noticed that the villain is the same actor of the Big Lebowski. He's pretty good in it too.

Jeff Bridges is a great actor. I don't know if any of you guys saw "The men who stare at goats" but he was hilarious in it :laugh: George Clooney as well.

He seems a bit weird though. He made an album to help people sleep with tracks of him talking and relaxing noises. They advertised it during the Superbowl :laugh:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Man, Suits season 4 is great but Rachel.. eugghhhh

Suits is pretty bad I find. Overly predictable, repetitive and unrealistic.
They get a case, they find that winning argument, they're full of confidence, oh, surprise, opposition counters it, they're screwed, nope - they find another way and win.

And every woman walks as if she's a runway model.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Agree completely. Jackie Brown is a great story with a very cool cast, but not for those expecting Tarantino's usual hyper-stylized visuals and violence.

To be honest it took me 3 times to completely watch it. The other 2 times I gave up on it because I found it boring. The 3rd time I must have been in the right frame of mind and enjoyed it.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Anyways...

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Django Unchained
3. Inglorious Basterds
4. Jackie Brown
5. Kill Bill 2
6. Reservoir Dogs
7. Kill Bill 1
8. Death Proof

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Suits is pretty bad I find. Overly predictable, repetitive and unrealistic.
They get a case, they find that winning argument, they're full of confidence, oh, surprise, opposition counters it, they're screwed, nope - they find another way and win.

And every woman walks as if she's a runway model.

The Louis Litt character is one of the best antagonists on tv. He makes whatever makes that series special.

But I agree that it's certainly a formula series.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Man, you got time to spare!

Not really. Up until recently I was working 55 hour weeks. I do like to collect movies and TV shows however. I treat TV shows like a buffet table. I like to take a bite out of everything until I find something that tastes good. Add to the fact that most shows tend to run out of ideas/steam/fall off a cliff after the first season or two and there are only a handful of shows which are consistently good from beginning to end and worth following. (GOT, Breaking Bad, etc.. )

My god, I don't think I've ever seen a scene that moved me as much as the closing one of Mr. Robot's last episode. That show is something else. Just when you think it's reached the absolute heights it can - it takes one more leap. Can't recommend it enough.

Again I am going to have to concur with this statement. The show just keeps getting better and better.

I don't know how long the honeymoon will last with Wayward Pines but so far it's really freaky. Half way through and I'm wondering where they are going with the story. Hope the payoff is worth it.

Caught the first episode of Humans and I really liked it.

Tried watching Sense8 and I couldn't get through the first episode lol. The story is all over the place. Putting this one on the back burner for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad