OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Watched the first episode of season 3 of Orange Is The New Black yesterday. It was a fine episode, but seemed like it should have been in the middle of the season. Nothing too major happened in it.

Still a really good show, though.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Watched the first episode of season 3 of Orange Is The New Black yesterday. It was a fine episode, but seemed like it should have been in the middle of the season. Nothing too major happened in it.

Still a really good show, though.

We watched 4-5 shows but never got into it

Watched the first episode of season 4 last night (suits), love that series

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Come on gaize, one glance at the Jurassic park/world or whatever it's called, should have given you a pretty good idea it was gonna be a pile of trash. You only have yourselves to blame :naughty:

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Ok I might go for Mad Max instead.

This + VIP section + Beer + Poutine = profit

Edit: What's the reason why they are opening another park on another island? like it didn't work in 2 occasions...

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Come on gaize, one glance at the Jurassic park/world or whatever it's called, should have given you a pretty good idea it was gonna be a pile of trash. You only have yourselves to blame :naughty:
Really wasn't that good. I'm disappointed in it.

Ok I might go for Mad Max instead.

This + VIP section + Beer + Poutine = profit

Edit: What's the reason why they are opening another park on another island? like it didn't work in 2 occasions...

Mad Max was awesome.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The smart dinosaur in JW, does he allow himself to be captured so as to infiltrate the enemy base?

Knackys

Jul 21, 2014
We watched 4-5 shows but never got into it

Watched the first episode of season 4 last night (suits), love that series

Yep, one of the few if not the only soap opera that i enjoy. The season 4 is good.

I'm not a huge fan of Orange is the new Black also. I stopped after the first season.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Red Army

8/10

On ice training 4 times a day during the summer time....jeez no wonder Mogilny scored 76 goals in a season. These guys were over-trained machines.

Would be 10/10 if they did not use Fetisov `off the record`footage.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
just watched "shut up and play the hits", the documentary about LCD soundsystem's last days as a band. so ****ing good.... james murphy is a fascinating man. most of the footage is them playing so you probably have to at least give a measure of **** to enjoy it, but i loved it.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
This is why I hate LCD Soundsystem.

The music is simplistic, the vocals are annoying at best. The samples are somewhat good but completely overshadowed by
silly, ****** minimalistic beats and rhythms.

This is not that music. This is the most awful crap to come from any remotely famous artist, possibly with the exception of The Hold Steady.

Simply put they are a planet full of ego with nothing to justify it.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
The smart dinosaur in JW, does he allow himself to be captured so as to infiltrate the enemy base?

"Chloe, there's a T-Rex in CTU..."

It's honestly almost that bad tho, I got some dirty looks for bringing my 9 yr old to JW but she found it funny, the dinosaurs were cute she said

1st movie had great effects - especially for it's time - but it built suspense which makes the impact on the audience and believable or not creates the fear - the only suspense in this one was when it would be over

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
This is why I hate LCD Soundsystem.

Simply put they are a planet full of ego with nothing to justify it.

The music is simplistic, the vocals are annoying at best. The samples are somewhat good but completely overshadowed by
silly, ****** minimalistic beats and rhythms.

which is exactly why i love them, its post-punk, new wave, happy mondays style dance music. and for the record, there's no samples in any of their songs. and 'they' is only one guy, and i can only assume you just hate the music without knowing anything about them because 'ego' is the last word i would ever think of when thinking of james murphy.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
"Chloe, there's a T-Rex in CTU..."

It's honestly almost that bad tho, I got some dirty looks for bringing my 9 yr old to JW but she found it funny, the dinosaurs were cute she said

1st movie had great effects - especially for it's time - but it built suspense which makes the impact on the audience and believable or not creates the fear - the only suspense in this one was when it would be over

This, I remember in the first movie when they were climbing the electric fence, that was a great exemple of creating suspense out of nothing.

It had the potentiel to have great sequel but it didn't happen

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
This, I remember in the first movie when they were climbing the electric fence, that was a great exemple of creating suspense out of nothing.

It had the potentiel to have great sequel but it didn't happen

Unfortunately in the history of movies this probably has happened less than DD has put up a point in the playoffs and yet dumb people like me still get suckered in :laugh:

When the 're-make' of Fantastic Four (should be a rule that if the car most people drive to the remake is the same as they drove to the original the re-make isn't actually necessary) and AntMan (WTF is all I can muster) are in the Coming Soon's I should've just pulled the chute

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I watched the original JP tonight. If I've watched it before, I have no recollection of doing so.

It's very good. I actually jumped at one of the scenes. The movie's fun.

I didn't realize other movies had copied it so much. The 1998 Godzilla is basically a Jurassic Park sequel.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I watched the original JP tonight. If I've watched it before, I have no recollection of doing so.

It's very good. I actually jumped at one of the scenes. The movie's fun.

I didn't realize other movies had copied it so much. The 1998 Godzilla is basically a Jurassic Park sequel.

Spielberg, that guy is good

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Watched "The Culture High," not bad, worth a watch. Basically a documentary on marijuana discussing everything from medical purposes to government propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad