OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
To me there are only 3 QT movies. The rest doesn't matter because it's not good IMO.

Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Jackie Brown

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
1. Inglourious Basterds
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Django Unchained
4. Kill Bill 1
5. Reservoir Dogs
6. Kill Bill 2
7. Death Proof
8. Jackie Brown

THIs is the correct list, but id flip kill nill 1 and 2 tho

kill bill 2's scene at the end with Bill is just great to me, i just love his whole conversation

but whoever says django is unwatchable WOW, your spoiling two AMAZINg performances by leo and waltz

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
True Romance should be in that list since Quentin wrote it.

LOVE true romance, even feels like quentin directed it, but he writes so freaking well that any director could of storyboarded it easily

i remember getting to near the end and going uhhh, so whats gonna happen when EVERYONE meets up in that hotel room...?

then i remembered.... tarantino wrote this...

it didnt disapoint lmao.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Can't understand all the buzz around Mission Impossible... I mean, 4 stars in LaPresse? Some good visual effects but really, that storyline is in ''been there done that'' category.

I liked it personally. Certainly more than Ghost protocol. I can't see them milk the cow once more, but it was well worth the cinema ticket.

The Villain was great. The plot at times was predictable, but it still was interesting.

One thing tickled me off though. Very often they have foreign people speak in English, while there are no anglophones in the room. I understand it makes it less complicated for the viewers, but it's not realistic.

[SPOIL]I have high doubts Moroccans speak to each other in the Shakespeare language. Make it Arab or French, but make it realistic. [/SPOIL]

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
True Romance should be in that list since Quentin wrote it.

Natural Born Killer too is from QT pencil. My own ranking would be :

Inglourious Basterds
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Death Proof
Reservoir Dogs
Django
Jacky Brown
Kill Bill 2

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Inglorious is definitely my favorite. Still, I'm not sure I would have liked it as much if Hans Landa would have been played by DiCaprio. I mean, I really like Leo, but Waltz as Landa has to be the most perfect non-obvious casting choice... That I can think of at least.

Well that and Henry Fonda in Once Upon A Time in thr West.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Lol you guys are nuts. Django was awesome! Didn't it win all kinds of awards?

<3 QT

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
speaking of excellent movies, has anyone watched "It Follows" yet? Do it.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
1. Pulp Fiction
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Inglorious Basterds
4. Jackie Brown
5. Django Unchained
6. Death Proof
7. Kill Bill 1
8. Kill Bill 2

That would pretty much be my list as well but I would flip Django and Inglorious Basterds. I might be tempted to put Reservoir Dogs in that #1 spot too...

The Kill Bills are easily his worst films.

Edit: Also, Christoph Waltz is awesome

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I watched this the other day. Really good movie. It was original. It is very hard for a horror movie to be original today.

Not sure it's so hard to be original. Few try to build an actual atmosphere, though, and rely on jumpscares. This is not horror, IMO.

It Follows was pretty good, I think Babadook is still the reigning recent horror champ, though.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Kill Bill is one of his worst.

Django is unwatchable.

Inglourious Basterds is his best along with Pulp Fiction.

It goes --

1. Inglourious Basterds
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Jackie Brown
4. Death Proof
5. Kill Bill 2
6. Kill Bill 1
7. Django Unchained
8. Reservoir Dogs

No offense obviously, but That is one crazy ass list man... Let's just say 'unusual'

Edit: ok, finished reading the thread, maybe I'm the weird one after all :laugh;

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
wouldn't surprise me that much to see him do an uncredited cameo in that movie, just like Matt Damon in Interstellar

That wasn't a cameo, it was an important role and commentary on NASA culture, and a foil to Cooper as well.

Mann (Matt Damon) waa about both how the loneliness of space can drive people insane, but aldo the danger of a common culture at NASA and associated parts, among people like Robert Zubrin, that of always putting the mission first, ahead of people.

I spoke to a friend who works on the engineering of human space fight. He said Damon was one of his favorite parts of the movie, because he is the perfect answer to the questions he gets from ignorant journalists at press conferences on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad