OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Which first one, there's like 3 of them. :)

I like them all, even the Tim Burton version which was largely panned.

That Tim Burton movie was a real piece of cr4p. I've read somewhere that the final cut was finished barely a few hours before the premiere, hence explaining why the ending just didn't make sense.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Comedy movie suggestions?

Bad Words (2013) is not bad. Saw it in the airplane and I enjoyed it.

The Mole Song: Undercover Agent Reiji (2013) is another movie I saw in the plane. Japanese, really weird, yet I liked it.

Both movies are 7/10 for me.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I'm sure you haven't heard of Masquerade (2012). Korean movie, funny in some parts, but not meant to be comedy. One of my favorite movies, definitely recommend it.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Off tommorow going to be cold and rainy.

Anyone got a good movie to recommend?

I recommend to you guy's of recent movies,

1. Joe - With Nicolas Cage.. Great movie turn off the lights have a beer and a smoke and enjoy the rural setting.

2. Moneyball - If you haven't seen it. You're missing out.

3. In Time - Justin Timberlake, I know Timberlake, but this movie is worth a watch. Cool concept, but don't watch it with your significant other because it's a dude movie. You're wife or girlfriend will just laugh at some of the cheesier moments that only a dude can say awesome too.

Any suggestions bro's?

Interested in...

Hangover 3 - Haven't brought myself to watch it yet.. should i?

Non-Stop - Liam Neeson.. love the guy, just don't wan't to wind up on my cell phone 15 minutes into it.

Any Sci-Fi or Adventure Movie.

would appreciate some advice!

I liked hangover 3, more of the same but its still entertaining.

Non stop is okay. Funny that you mentioned cell phones when talking about this movie because during most of it he's texting and you have to read them as subtitles House of Cards style with a relaxing techno beat. Its a movie that can put you to sleep so beware. I didn't think it was especially original.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Whoever recommended Europa report, DA I think, thank you. Great ****ing movie. Ending was both kinda shocking and disappointing but other that that, loved everybody of it.

I heartily put MD's stamp of approval on it :nod:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Whoever recommended Europa report, DA I think, thank you. Great ****ing movie. Ending was both kinda shocking and disappointing but other that that, loved everybody of it.

I heartily put MD's stamp of approval on it :nod:

Yup :)

I loved the ending. Why did yoy hate the tentacles?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Transformers was about an hour too long, my goodness. I actually asked my friend if he wanted to leave with about 30 minutes left but we ended up staying.

It's like 3 of the same movie rolled into one copying the other ones with difference actors.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I saw apes, but I was jet laggedand had trouble staying awake, good movie though.

Btw a lot of movies are overrated on imdb when new.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Off tommorow going to be cold and rainy.

Anyone got a good movie to recommend?

I recommend to you guy's of recent movies,

1. Joe - With Nicolas Cage.. Great movie turn off the lights have a beer and a smoke and enjoy the rural setting.

2. Moneyball - If you haven't seen it. You're missing out.

3. In Time - Justin Timberlake, I know Timberlake, but this movie is worth a watch. Cool concept, but don't watch it with your significant other because it's a dude movie. You're wife or girlfriend will just laugh at some of the cheesier moments that only a dude can say awesome too.

Any suggestions bro's?

Interested in...

Hangover 3 - Haven't brought myself to watch it yet.. should i?

Non-Stop - Liam Neeson.. love the guy, just don't wan't to wind up on my cell phone 15 minutes into it.

Any Sci-Fi or Adventure Movie.

would appreciate some advice!

Edge of Tommorrow, it is probably the best movie of the year so far for me.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Transformers was about an hour too long, my goodness. I actually asked my friend if he wanted to leave with about 30 minutes left but we ended up staying.

It's like 3 of the same movie rolled into one copying the other ones with difference actors.

All the parts with the daughter were like a slow torture. What a ****** movie.

Edge of Tommorrow is best movie so far this summer.

samsquanch9*

snobby?

i thought this was the one universal truth about guys: we all love scarface

i havent read this thread so i dont know if its snobby but usually when people are talking about movies i hear how scarface sucks and its so over rated. **** that scarface is one of the best movies ive ever seen

samsquanch9*

btw i love what they did with caesar from planet of the apes.. hes such a god damned bad ass now

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
All the parts with the daughter were like a slow torture. What a ****** movie.

Edge of Tommorrow is best movie so far this summer.

The Cinema I was in didn't have the picture focused properly either so half of the stuff was blurry, couldn't read the subtitles and it was in 3D. Sigh, so painful.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Not a comprehensive list. But off the top of my head some great movies.

1. Eastern Promises

2. Pan's Labrynth

3. The Kings of Summer

4. Into the Wild

5. History of Violence

6. Transsiberian

7. The Road

8. The Rules of Attraction

9. Munich

10. Goon

11. Road to Perdition

12. Walk Hard

13. Prisoners

Will post a little more. soon. My most recent absolute must see is JOE Nicolas Cage. I'm watching The Frozen Ground tonight with Cage. I am by no means a Cage fan boy, but was impressed with Joe though I'd watch some more cage.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Not a comprehensive list. But off the top of my head some great movies.

1. Eastern Promises

2. Pan's Labrynth

3. The Kings of Summer

4. Into the Wild

5. History of Violence

6. Transsiberian

7. The Road

8. The Rules of Attraction

9. Munich

10. Goon

11. Road to Perdition

12. Walk Hard

13. Prisoners

Will post a little more. soon. My most recent absolute must see is JOE Nicolas Cage. I'm watching The Frozen Ground tonight with Cage. I am by no means a Cage fan boy, but was impressed with Joe though I'd watch some more cage.

He might be the 2nd worst actor in the world, behind only Keanu Reeves

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
He might be the 2nd worst actor in the world, behind only Keanu Reeves

Just watch "joe" and let your prejudice go. I tend to agree with you that cage is pretty bad. But ****ing he suited the roll in joe to a T.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
3. The Kings of Summer

Such an underrated little indie flick. Charming, funny, and kinda heartbreaking. Loved it.

Also, I watched Locke last week, the new film starring Tom Hardy. Excellent script and even better acting by Hardy. He truly is a special actor, definitely one of the best at the moment.

Saintpatrick*

I watched Rush today the movie about F1 drivers James Hunt and Niki Lauda. Great film I loved it and highly recommend it.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Saw a clip of Jaws tonight... still the best movie ever. What an epic film that was.

Saw it a couple of years ago at the film fest and it was amazing watching people jump out of their seats at this 40 year old film. So many classic lines, the Robert Shaw speech, not a wasted scene... shark is a little fake at some points but man its just an amazing movie.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Yup :)

I loved the ending. Why did yoy hate the tentacles?

well not to spoil anything

to me it was shocking because they did all end up dying. and disapointing because for a few reasons. first, it made no sense that the tentacle creatures would have learned to break the ice to attack what is above it since the astronauts were the first to be above that ice. that sounds incredibly nitpicky but just a shot of them swimming around would have been good enough. second reason is that the movie goes to great lengths to not be like every scifi-first-contact-monster-that-kills-people type of movies, only to end that exact way.

its still a very minor point for me, still a great and inventive low budget movie

watching the andromeda strain at the moment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad