OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIII

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Masterchef Australia S13 debuted this morning (EST time). The only Masterchef worth watching IMO, as the level of competition blows the other regional variants out of the water.

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Saw this again recently, still good. Not a true depiction but close enough to make it compelling.

upload_2021-4-20_12-41-36.jpeg

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Masterchef Australia S13 debuted this morning (EST time). The only Masterchef worth watching IMO, as the level of competition blows the other regional variants out of the water.

Not a fan of those type shows, don't find much redeeming qualities out of them,too contrived and ''directed''

Watched a few of these as we were visiting some friends and family in Australia and they knew some that were competing and attended and event. Took a long time but they managed to up their food quality finally. Was always a challenge to find good food there and in NZ unless going to ethnic type joints.

upload_2021-4-20_12-47-32.jpeg

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It's the sheer repetitiveness of the song. Almost like 50 times in the friggin movie. Excrutiating.

Never noticed it my self,similar sound throughout for the most part though. If that is the case however it did not stand out negatively for me as it was filler and not actually part of the movie. Just try watching Scarface again and listen to the soundtrack, if that's what he was listening to, I can understand why he was such a savage lunatic:laugh:

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

So Marvel collecting the Game of Thrones cast for their movies/shows. They got Jon Snow (Kit Harrington) and Robb Stark (Richard Madden) for the Eternals movie. And now they got Daenerys Targaryen for the Secret Invasion TV show.

They already had Loras Tyrell play Iron Fist on Netflix. Peter Dinklage played Eitri in Avengers: Infinty War and Bolivar trask in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Sansa Stark played Jean Grey in the X-Men movies. And there is Arya Stark who is set to play Rahne Sinclair in New Mutants.

There are a lot of other more minor GOT actors who also played in other Marvel movies/shows.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

So Marvel collecting the Game of Thrones cast for their movies/shows. They got Jon Snow (Kit Harrington) and Robb Stark (Richard Madden) for the Eternals movie. And now they got Daenerys Targaryen for the Secret Invasion TV show.

They already had Loras Tyrell play Iron Fist on Netflix. Peter Dinklage played Eitri in Avengers: Infinty War and Bolivar trask in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Sansa Stark played Jean Grey in the X-Men movies. And there is Arya Stark who is set to play Rahne Sinclair in New Mutants.

There are a lot of other more minor GOT actors who also played in other Marvel movies/shows.

They really need to find a role for Sean Bean to drop into the MCU. Other than being such a great actor, his commitment will be low since he's guaranteed to die in the same film/TV show :sarcasm:

I'm surprised Lena Headley or Nikolaj Coster-Waldau haven't been approached for roles (unless they declined). Two more very good actors.

Side note, Shang-Shi trailer dropped a couple days ago.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They really need to find a role for Sean Bean to drop into the MCU. Other than being such a great actor, his commitment will be low since he's guaranteed to die in the same film/TV show :sarcasm:

I'm surprised Lena Headley or Nikolaj Coster-Waldau haven't been approached for roles (unless they declined). Two more very good actors.

:laugh: @ Sean Bean dying in the same movie.

I posted the Shang-Chi trailer yesterday. It looks real good. But then again, MCU has been banging out blockbuster hit after blockbuster hit. They just know how to do it. I'm happy that they're now going to focus on other characters and look to build new franchises.

Reactions: sandviper

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

I genuinely have no clue who he is so the only hype I have for it is that its made by Marvel and they've dropped some good movies. Other than that, if it weren't produced in MCU and was stand alone I wouldn't care based on this trailer. I just don't know anything about him.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Lena for Emma frost would be near perfect. Same bitchy face.

Reactions: Redux91

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I genuinely have no clue who he is so the only hype I have for it is that its made by Marvel and they've dropped some good movies. Other than that, if it weren't produced in MCU and was stand alone I wouldn't care based on this trailer. I just don't know anything about him.
Hes a street level new york based martial artist. Probably the best martial artist in the marvel universe, after Spider Man (Whom he trained).

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

617810f4340ee7e93b2dc7c7abf081a1.jpg

Adam Warlock and I'm far from the only one to think this

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

Brits can act. I have seen a lot of bad movies, but rarely do I see bad british acting, even in low budget movies-there are exceptions of course.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Lena for Emma frost would be near perfect. Same bitchy face.
I had a pile of that comic back in the 80's. Can't remember much from it TBH. This works for marvel for a number of political reasons as well. Not as blatant as the Meg, but they are going hard after the Chinese market. 350+ million middle class people in china is the entire population of the USA. Big market.

I'm just waiting for Marvel to bring in their new universe with Justice and Star Brand. I actually liked Justice quite a bit and had a number of those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad