OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIII

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
YES! Warrior is coming back!

Warrior Gets Season 3 Order From HBO Max - IGN

Yeah man...this one hit different for me. This was my guy in the late 90s, which to me was the golden age of hip hop.

Been playing DMX full blast all day.

He lived a complex life, he's finally at rest.

R.I.P.

I’ve always been a fan, so much so that once I was blasting his music and rapping along so into it that I was about 30km over the speed limit. Cop wasn’t impressed...

One of my favourites and appropriate after the game last night.

RIP

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Just watched NOBODY with Bob Odenkirk last night...what a hilariously awesome movie...it's like John Wick crossed with a suburban Dad...and Christopher Lloyd and Michael Ironside are both in it and are bleeping hilarious in their old age...good mindless action and biting sarcastic humor...it was lovely and the wife's outta town so I actually got to hear and enjoy it...:laugh:

...and as far as the new Godzilla & Kong movies go, nothing wrong with the mindless fun of Monster Movies...when you're in the mood to just shut your brain off and enjoy the spectacle, they work wonderfully...:laugh:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How's everyone liking Cap and Winter solider
Its falcon because the dumbass didn't want the shield.

Shouldve been Cap and Falcon, but no, Sam wanted to be cute and gave it away.

220px-Cap_34.jpg

MAKE IT RIGHT MARVEL

Reactions: canucklover123

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Actually a really good episode #5. Isaiah’s speech to Sam really hit home but Sam’s response by the end of the show is exactly the right message as well... you fight for something, what’s the point if you don’t keep fighting?

I’m convinced Sharon is the Power Broker also.

Reactions: canucklover123

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
My guy GSP legitimately having a role in marvel is pretty cool, too bad he's already regulated as the foreign french villain lol

Last edited:
Reactions: sandviper

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Just watched NOBODY with Bob Odenkirk last night...what a hilariously awesome movie...it's like John Wick crossed with a suburban Dad...and Christopher Lloyd and Michael Ironside are both in it and are bleeping hilarious in their old age...good mindless action and biting sarcastic humor...it was lovely and the wife's outta town so I actually got to hear and enjoy it...:laugh:

...and as far as the new Godzilla & Kong movies go, nothing wrong with the mindless fun of Monster Movies...when you're in the mood to just shut your brain off and enjoy the spectacle, they work wonderfully...:laugh:

Love Bob and was wondering if I should watch it after seeing the trailer. Looked like Bob acting as if he's Brucee Willis in DH, but you convinced me. I love Lloyd and Ironside too, so I think i'll like it.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Love Bob and was wondering if I should watch it after seeing the trailer. Looked like Bob acting as if he's Brucee Willis in DH, but you convinced me. I love Lloyd and Ironside too, so I think i'll like it.

It's just two hours of mindless fun and as long as you don't try to tear apart the story, you'll enjoy every minute...he's not trying to be Bruce Willis; don't wanna ruin anything, just trust me, he does a fantastic job in this movie...

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Thunder Force (Netflix) : Couldn't manage to finish it, probably the worst movie I saw this year. Unwatchable. Nothing makes senses, it's not even funny, just a dumb movie that should never been mde

Love and Monsters (Netflix): Entertaining, good special effects. Could have been a little bit better with a better story, little bit too friendly in my book, but it's still a good "feel good movie".

Gangs of London season 1 (AMC): It's a violent dark crime family story. Not finished yet but so far, I love it. It got that European look a little, it's intense, well made, good combat scene, good storyline....did I mentioned it's violent? Overall, if you like that type of story, this is one to watch.

Mighty Ducks Game changers: I grew up watching the old mighty ducks, so I had to watch it. It was a mistake.

angusyoung

start the party!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I received an installment of the greatest show of all time! Prepare to be astonished and mesmerized by this brilliant historical epic series.:sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I received an installment of the greatest show of all time! Prepare to be astonished and mesmerized by this brilliant historical epic series.:sarcasm:

In the real life version, Al is left behind when the US pulls out of Afghanistan. :sarcasm:

Reactions: angusyoung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad