OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Barbara Bain was on P Mason, another well known actress. I am beginning to figure out who the killers are as well.

She was great in the original Mission Impossible and her costar was her husband and one of my favourite actors ever, Martin Landau.

They also teamed up in the forgettable Space:1999, of which most episodes were written by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson of Thunderbirds fame.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
She was great in the original Mission Impossible and her costar was her husband and one of my favourite actors ever, Martin Landau.

They also teamed up in the forgettable Space:1999, of which most episodes were written by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson of Thunderbirds fame.

Landau's performance as the rich dentist who has his brother taken care of a mistress is a masterpiece Crimes and Misdemeanors (W Allen)

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
She was hot, especially in that underrated Aussie Bond Lazenby film.

The Avengers really made her a household name. She was a bona fide sex symbol. The original season was still in B&W.

Yes she was and you're right that was an underrated Bond movie. I began aggressively watching TCM recently and slowly started recognizing a lot of these actresses that are older today, I gotta say a lot of stunningly beautiful women.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I began aggressively watching TCM recently and slowly started recognizing a lot of these actresses that are older today, I gotta say a lot stunningly beautiful women.

I've been doing the same. So many gems on TCM. I like when they do themes and have several movies in a row featuring a particular actor or actress or director. So much to see.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Anybody watch Kims convenience?

Its surprisingly very good and funny. Im a sucker for a strong asian accent :laugh:

I watched the first 2-3 episodes when it premiered a couple years back but the stereotypes were too over the top and I stopped watching. I was hoping for something in the vein of Fresh off the Boat.

Do they tone those down a bit later on?

Anybody watching Raised by Wolves. Just finished the first 3 episode and god does it scratch my Sci-Fi itch. It does handwave/ignore a couple of things but the premise and acting are more than enough to make up for it so far.

Plus it has RAGNAR LOTHBROK in it :scared::scared:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That Bradley Cooper/Liev Shreiber hybrid playing Homelander in The Boys is a pretty good actor. Was born to play Homelander.
Lmao, Anthony Starr? Hes a terrible actor in Animal Kingdom, like a freaking robot.

I googled him because a Liev Schreiber/Bradley Cooper hybrid had my sexy sense tingling, you disappoint, Ozy.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Lmao, Anthony Starr? Hes a terrible actor in Animal Kingdom, like a freaking robot.

I googled him because a Liev Schreiber/Bradley Cooper hybrid had my sexy sense tingling, you disappoint, Ozy.

I haven't watched Kingdom, but you should watch The Boys. Kingdom might've been a bad role for him. Homelander is a perfect fit for him.

And watch the series... he's got Liev's eyes, with some looks that remind Cooper.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
She was hot, especially in that underrated Aussie Bond Lazenby film.

Arguably the best Bond film.

upload_2020-9-12_15-46-41.jpeg

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I haven't watched Kingdom, but you should watch The Boys. Kingdom might've been a bad role for him. Homelander is a perfect fit for him.

And watch the series... he's got Liev's eyes, with some looks that remind Cooper.
He ugly

But yeah I need to find a strea/m for the boys, looks really good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad