OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Just got around to watch Cobra Kai (easier since it's on netflix now) and I didn't expect to like it at all.....but hell, even if it's not worth any awards, it was surprisingly entertaining (especially if you liked the old Karate Kid movies).
My wife and I just finished watching it the other night. Yeah there's the cheesy kid stuff but man, the Johnny Lawrence character kills me lol. Some great one liners. The soundtrack is classic as well

Reactions: Milhouse40

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
My wife and I just finished watching it the other night. Yeah there's the cheesy kid stuff but man, the Johnny Lawrence character kills me lol. Some great one liners. The soundtrack is classic as well

I think it's all super cheesy (80's nostalgia, Kids stuff, rip off from the movies) but they don't even try to hide it which makes it more acceptable. They kind of own it.

Reactions: Deebs

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I think it's all super cheesy (80's nostalgia, Kids stuff, rip off from the movies) but they don't even try to hide it which makes it more acceptable. They kind of own it.
That's the best part. Like a throwback show where you didn't have to watch super carefully or can't miss a part, fun show

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Russian is beautiful to listen to. Definitely agree. Which language is the worst to listen to?

It really depends who speaks it like pretty much all languages. I remember watching a Russian movie couple of years ago. It was about a young guy from Moskva stuck on an island with an old communist guy or something close to it. They sounded very very different ;)

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

DisneyPlus? How many of these streaming channels are we supposed to subscribe to?

It's getting to the point where we have to willfully ignore some interesting new offerings. I tend to find them elsewhere over time but I wish I didn't have to do that, it's annoying.

Maybe all of these services can team up and offer some kind of one fee for access to all, package. It's going to be overdue. Paying for all of them is pure insanity. Netflix happened and they were all late to the party.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
i'm late to the party but Barry is awesome. pilot blew me away, and next five epis have been great too :handclap:

I loved both seasons, really macabre but funny show -- tough to pull off but there enough of a dysfunctional backdrop to create tension throughout while remaining comically brilliant. Enjoy.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
DisneyPlus? How many of these streaming channels are we supposed to subscribe to?

It's getting to the point where we have to willfully ignore some interesting new offerings. I tend to find them elsewhere over time but I wish I didn't have to do that, it's annoying.

Maybe all of these services can team up and offer some kind of one fee for access to all, package. It's going to be overdue. Paying for all of them is pure insanity. Netflix happened and they were all late to the party.

It's gonna take time, because as of right now, streaming services are in expansion, new ones popping left and right and all are competing against each other for membership. It's gonna take a few of them failing and/or getting bought out before we start to see package deals. Although, cable distributors have started to offer free membership to certain streaming services like Netflix, so it's a starting point.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They all think they can get a big piece of the pie just by throwing money at streaming but eventually, they're just not going to have enough quality content to justify their existence.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I watched a really solid movie last night... The Father. Anthony Hopkins is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C. He’s so winning a 2nd Oscar for this. He plays a guy with dementia.

I also really loved Nomadland. The less you know about that film, the better.

I found One Night in Miami and Concrete Cowboy to be very boring. I liked the acting and that’s pretty much it. Also, Shadow in the Cloud is horrible, barring 2 unintentional hilarious scenes that almost make up for it (you have to see it to believe it).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad