OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Goddammit I got spoiled the ending of Game of Thrones and Pattinson is Batman. What a shitty series of events in the span of minutes.

Look if I can take Batman in a fight then that person should not Batman sorry. It would have taken a modern Steve McQueen(although I don't know that that exist). Saw a documentary on Bruce Lee and he teached Steve McQueen in martial arts as well as other celebrities and he admired Steve the most, he said he had an animal inside of him that was scaring him! Why can't they find someone that is not a f***ing <female cat>? You have the whole World to choose from to find your perfect Batman. Even Jaime freakin Lannister would have been better(with a dyed job). I guess they wanted the young girls demo.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Gendry's claim is illegitimate because Robert's rebellion wasn't either. FFS the Targaryens built that city and kingdom. There's a huge difference between their claims.

I dont know if someone answered this already but the founder of House Baratheon, Orys, was in fact, a Targaryen. Which means Robert isnt only 1/2 from Rhaella, but hes pretty much a full on Targaryen with a different name, a similar claim to the Blackfyres.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'm willing to give Robert Pattinson a shot as batman but the story really has to suit his look and style. He doesn't look big enough to play a superhero honestly...and I worry a younger batman will result in the same origin stories we've seen before.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Pattinson is a fantastic actor. Hes gonna do great as a young a batman. People say hes too skinny to play the part. You're aware that one year before batman begins, christian bale was 130lbs for the machinist? Its Hollywood, these guys have the best trainers. Heck compare chris hemsworth in star wars and how he looks in thor.

Twilight was pattinson's first movie in a starring role, it was 11 years ago...hes only done around 20 films since. Yes young actors start off doing crap movies. It's common. Most of his movies since he did an amazing job in. Like the lost city of z and high life to name a few. I remember when heath ledger was casted for the dark knight...most people scoffed "that guy from brokeback mountain and 10 things i hate about you?" Well guess who Christopher nolan has starring in his next big movie? Robert fn pattinson. The guys a future oscar winner.

Last edited:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Pattinson is a fantastic actor. Hes gonna do great as a young a batman. People say hes too skinny to play the part. You're aware that one year before batman begins, christian bale was 130lbs for the machinist? Its Hollywood, these guys have the best trainers. Heck compare chris hemsworth in star wars and how he looks in thor.

Twilight was pattinson's first movie in a starring role, it was 11 years ago...hes only done around 20 films since. Yes young actors start off doing crap movies. It's common. Most of his movies since he did an amazing job in. Like the lost city of z and high life to name a few. I remember when heath ledger was casted for the dark knight...most people scoffed "that guy from brokeback mountain and 10 things i hate about you?" Well guess who Christopher nolan has starring in his next big movie? Robert fn pattinson. The guys a future oscar winner.

People say he has no acting range. I'm one of those.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Look if I can take Batman in a fight then that person should not Batman sorry.

can you take on this guy?
christian-bale-the-machinist1-752x440.jpg

how about his guy?

beetlejuice-beetlejuice-beetlejuice0.jpg

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
man this discussion is kinda pointless since most of the popular versions of Batman aren't that expressive anyway, Pattinson can be an ok Batman regardless of his range or no-range

It'll all depend on the direction and idk if Matt Reeves is the guy you want to get this garbage truck on fire back on the right track, that's the real worry

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's an incorrect statement. Dislike him if you want because of some anti-twilight bias...but saying he has no range is just dishonest or ignorant. pick your poison.

I'll let him answer that. I'm just averse to using labels like "ignorant" but that's just my opinion. The poster you are referring to is astute and has a long track record of intelligent criticism and reviews. Obviously, we can't all agree on everything. I'm sure there is a lot more to his point of view based on past interactions with him defending topics where I disagreed with his take.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
man this discussion is kinda pointless since most of the popular versions of Batman aren't that expressive anyway, Pattinson can be an ok Batman regardless of his range or no-range

It'll all depend on the direction and idk if Matt Reeves is the guy you want to get this garbage truck on fire back on the right track, that's the real worry

Yah, to a degree most decent actors can play a batman. Playing the charasmatic, stoic bruce wayne who never cries isn't really difficult.

The only question is if he'll fit the role. I'm unsure but we always doubt it and they end up okay.

If the story sucks this guy will be ripped apart even if he has a good performance. These roles are so iconic and the standards have improved dramatically for super hero genre movies in last 10 years.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
I'll let him answer that. I'm just averse to using labels like "ignorant" but that's just my opinion. The poster you are referring to is astute and has a long track record of intelligent criticism and reviews. Obviously, we can't all agree on everything. I'm sure there is a lot more to his point of view based on past interactions with him defending topics where I disagreed with his take.
i been inundated on social media from people just cringing at the thought of pattinson as batman because his only memorable movies for the most part have been from twilight. He's stayed out of lime light since and been focusing on building his craft in the indie scene. the proof is in the pudding if you watch his work, he's fantastic. if you cant appreciate his work in the movies i cited, you shouldn't be making smug comments about a persons acting ability. People that watched the films i discussed all have high opinions of him. the criticism he's facing is the exact same type of discourse i heard about heath as the joker. exact same. except unlike heath, if you took the time to watch pattinson he has actually developed a large volume of work to think highly of him. Acting is pretty objective.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
i been inundated on social media from people just cringing at the thought of pattinson as batman because his only memorable movies for the most part have been from twilight. He's stayed out of lime light since and been focusing on building his craft in the indie scene. the proof is in the pudding if you watch his work, he's fantastic. if you cant appreciate his work in the movies i cited, you shouldn't be making smug comments about a persons acting ability. People that watched the films i discussed all have high opinions of him. the criticism he's facing is the exact same type of discourse i heard about heath as the joker. exact same. except unlike heath, if you took the time to watch pattinson he has actually developed a large volume of work to think highly of him. Acting is pretty objective.

To be honest, I just question if he has the look for batman. He seems a little off and if they're going really young batman then he's in direct competition with the batman trilogy Bale made which IMO is a standard hard to beat.

I would've rather they continued to explore the batman of later years.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl

are you ok bud, are you his agent or his mom or something

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
To be honest, I just question if he has the look for batman. He seems a little off and if they're going really young batman then he's in direct competition with the batman trilogy Bale made which IMO is a standard hard to beat.

I would've rather they continued to explore the batman of later years.
Well Affleck was the best part about bvs and he really had the look and feel down of an aged batman. But this was zack Snyder's vision and it's clear that hes a hack of d&d level. I think they're trying to rekindle the magic of the nolan franchise. And considering the amazing ape movies...I really trust matt Reeves with this franchise. We shall see. But as some others stated...the batman role itself isnt that challenging when it comes to acting. So I dont get the apprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad