OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
That's lame dude, and he does have a personal connection with Dany. He loves her. He was still calling her his Queen at the beginning of this episode. He doesn't want the Throne. Oh...and she's his aunt and apparently he had to tell Sansa-Arya about his roots because, they family. So now all that goes away and he doesn't care about her being his blood because she..destroyed the place where her enemy was and killed innocent people...Come on man. That's pathetic.

What makes more sense is Dany keeps going in this maddening road and she targets Sansa next as she as clearly defiant and spread the word out about Jon being the rightful heir. As that develops, Jon kills her to protect Sansa. That would actually make some sense.

Jon killing her because she killed innocent people at King's Landing would be completely stupid imo

Wouldn't you kill Hitler? I don't have to have a personal connection with him to kill him. It is doing what's right. Everybody with a mind and heart should want to kill her. All those personal connections are bullshit, it's over now. It ended because of the massacre.

Sansa should not matter at this point. Nothing matters. It's hero time. No personal time. It is fighting Evil for the World. For sure Jon could use his connection to Dany to kill her though.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Wouldn't you kill Hitler? I don't have to have a personal connection with him to kill him. It is doing what's right. Everybody with a mind and heart should want to kill her. All those personal connections are bull****, it's over now. It ended because of the massacre.

Sansa should not matter at this point. Nothing matters. It's hero time. No personal time. It is fighting Evil for the World. For sure Jon could use his connection to Dany to kill her though.

You're not making much sense mate...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
1) The story of Azor Ahai is he kills the woman he loves no?

Many say Arya is Azor Ahai but she didn't love the night king so maybe that prophecy hasn't been realized just yet.

2) Dany vs Cersei. Cersei has tortured people and killed selective groups, sometimes in the sake of self preservation(to stay on the throne). Dany has killed 10X the people cersei has...when they surrendered. We've grown accustomed to hating Cersei because she's a calculated evil who planned bad actions but she hasn't killed half the people Dany just did. There is an easy argument to suggest Dany has now caused more deaths.

3) Jon didn't talk about anyone because he was in the night's watch. IIRC I believe he tries to leave castle black to avenge either ned and they reel him back in:

He was ready to attack Joffrey pretty quickly...

The threat of the white walkers kept him around though. For a large portion of the show he thought the throne and everything else was meaningless in the face of the dead.

4) It isn't just about Dany killing innocents either. She has beef with sansa and clearly suggests Jon betrayed her by telling his own family information. If they ignore that, sure. If she gets up in his face about it and keeps reminding her he's a threat as long as he's alive...then maybe he'll take it to heart.

5) Whatever happens IF Dany dies and anyone but Jon kills her it's a failure of an arc. Sansa killing her would be the most ridiculous thing. A woman surrounded by unsullied, dothraki and a dragon will let ****ing sansa sneak in and kill her? Arya would have the technique to do so but even that would be a failure. This show has featured a large amount of character arcs and interesting characters. To make every single evil death in the hands of Arya is extremely poor writing. Jon is likely someone who can get close to Dany, not unlike Tyrion or Greyworm. Greyworm won't kill her...I'd understand more if someone said Tyrion rather than Sansa really. In the last episode Tyrion suggested his life in exchange for innocents is a fair price and that he fears Dany. So if he fears she'll do it again what stops him from maintaining that motto?

6) But realistically...from a closure perspective it can ONLY be Jon. If Jon remains loyal to her and Sansa/Arya kill her it would destroy his trust in his own family and their apparent trust in him. They told his secret and went against his word, killing the woman he loves and his queen. That just opens 10X the worms and it doesn't conclude anything. If Jon kills her, it's his choice.

7) A few weeks ago I made the following predictions:

Dany will destroy King's Landing(as seen in her vision in season 2)
Jon will not be on the throne and will be at castle black. I feel the NK arc cannot be done and he will need to return there. Tormund even suggested Jon belongs in the 'real north'.
Sansa will be lady of winterfell full time.

I suspected Sansa and Tyrion would be together but after betraying Dany I wouldn't be shocked if he's burnt too. Seems a little last minute though.

1) Or maybe they changed things just like Cersei meant to die at the hands of her Volonqar, which means brother, that he was going to wrap his hands around her throat and kill her.
But ya, sure, they can technically make him kill Dany.

2) Easy argument? Sorry, you ain't winning one event vs 8 years of being an evil :eek::eek::eek::eek:.

3) Yes, but Joffrey had Sansa and he was out to kill all the starks. I don't really need excuses or reasons as to why Jon never talked about the throne or killing Cersei. It just has never been part of his ambitions. Even after the WWs or learning that he's the rightful heir, he doesn't want the Throne. It would be pretty freaking stupid for him to now go..''hmm kno wot dahrling, I actually want the bloody throne now''.

4) Yes, I mentioned that before. Only way it makes sense for Jon to kill Dany is if she's threatening to go after Sansa. Any other angle would be dumb.

5) I agree. That said, Sansa would never kill her or anybody. She didn't actually kill Ramsey either, she just let him get chewed up. If she were to get Dany, I assume she'd send someone to poison her. Most likely scenario though, I agree, is probably Jon killing her in retaliation or self defense.
What I would like to see though, is her live and just establish her ruling. They don't have to continue killing people and at this point. I feel Tyrion is the only one left that should probably die, for betraying Dany. Nobody else really deserves dying, not even Dany imo.
Ya, she did something terrible. Doesn't mean she should die the very next episode, even if it's the last one. They ran out of time, so be it, don't try to jam every thing. Ruined it already enough.

6) She shouldn't die imo. She's the Queen. Her presence was needed to get rid of the WWs and NK. She then destroys King's Landing in 5 min and kills public enemy #1. Mother of Dragons. She's at the freaking top. Her dying to the hands of Jon after everything would be just as stupid as her getting killed by Arya or Sansa.

7) Yes, well, I was hoping for the NK not to be dead anymore but it would be very lame if they brought this back now. Like on the closing scene....they show someone with those blue eyes. Such a pathetically lame hollywood style ending. Really hope we see none of that next episode.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
You're not making much sense mate...

umm I think it's pretty clear and simple. You kill an Evil person. I really don't get your side in this matter. Jon is good, she's Evil, he has to end her life. Not sure what you find complicated? What is there to understand? What don't you understand by these words? Tell me. Why did the Avengers fight Thanos for? Because he is a bad guy. Why did the heroes fight the Night King? Dany killed close to a million people. You think Jon is gonna go meh she slaughtered innocents but I love her ? He should already be in a "I have to kill her now" mode. The clock is ticking.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I disagree. Her going bonkers doesn't justify Jon killing her. They haven't even spoken, was it a moment of weakness? Did she go bat-**** crazy? Does she want more blood? Again, Jon ain't from King's Landing and those people supported Cersei. Choice or not, they followed her...so ya what she did was terrible but this is war and terrible things happen during wars. It makes no sense for Jon to go full righteous vigilante mode. None.
Cersei has done so many worse things and was such an evil person yet Jon barely if ever talked about killing her. He never wanted the Throne. So I don't see how he turns to the point of needing to kill just because Dany killed some innocent people. There is a huge stretch from holding people back from killing innocent people to let me kill the woman I love, My Queen. It's not even close man.

Important to note, she's not the only one that went bonkers. Dothrakis, Unsullied, even North Men.

That's why I think Arya will do the deed, even after Sansa and Jon will pardon Dany. Arya won't let it go and she'll break Jon's heart.

I dont buy the leaks.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The story of Azor Ahai is he kills the woman he loves no?

Many say Arya is Azor Ahai but she didn't love the night king so maybe that prophecy hasn't been realized just yet.

Dany vs Cersei. Cersei has tortured people and killed selective groups, sometimes in the sake of self preservation(to stay on the throne). Dany has killed 10X the people cersei has...when they surrendered. We've grown accustomed to hating Cersei because she's a calculated evil who planned bad actions but she hasn't killed half the people Dany just did. There is an easy argument to suggest Dany has now caused more deaths.

Jon didn't talk about anyone because he was in the night's watch. IIRC I believe he tries to leave castle black to avenge either ned and they reel him back in:

He was ready to attack Joffrey pretty quickly...

The threat of the white walkers kept him around though. For a large portion of the show he thought the throne and everything else was meaningless in the face of the dead.

It isn't just about Dany killing innocents either. She has beef with sansa and clearly suggests Jon betrayed her by telling his own family information. If they ignore that, sure. If she gets up in his face about it and keeps reminding her he's a threat as long as he's alive...then maybe he'll take it to heart.

Whatever happens IF Dany dies and anyone but Jon kills her it's a failure of an arc. Sansa killing her would be the most ridiculous thing. A woman surrounded by unsullied, dothraki and a dragon will let ****ing sansa sneak in and kill her? Arya would have the technique to do so but even that would be a failure. This show has featured a large amount of character arcs and interesting characters. To make every single evil death in the hands of Arya is extremely poor writing. Jon is likely someone who can get close to Dany, not unlike Tyrion or Greyworm. Greyworm won't kill her...I'd understand more if someone said Tyrion rather than Sansa really. In the last episode Tyrion suggested his life in exchange for innocents is a fair price and that he fears Dany. So if he fears she'll do it again what stops him from maintaining that motto?

But realistically...from a closure perspective it can ONLY be Jon. If Jon remains loyal to her and Sansa/Arya kill her it would destroy his trust in his own family and their apparent trust in him. They told his secret and went against his word, killing the woman he loves and his queen. That just opens 10X the worms and it doesn't conclude anything. If Jon kills her, it's his choice.

A few weeks ago I made the following predictions:

Dany will destroy King's Landing(as seen in her vision in season 2)
Jon will not be on the throne and will be at castle black. I feel the NK arc cannot be done and he will need to return there. Tormund even suggested Jon belongs in the 'real north'.
Sansa will be lady of winterfell full time.

I suspected Sansa and Tyrion would be together but after betraying Dany I wouldn't be shocked if he's burnt too. Seems a little last minute though.

It might just be Tyrion who does it. Slay the mad tyrrant just like his brother.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Her being pissed for that is fine. But going oh no the northerners hates me, psycho juice coming in(!!!!), who the Hell cares. So they hate you, Dany. It's nothing to go bunkers about. They loved you in Essos but it's Jon's hometown now. The whole thing she had with Sansa was just funny to me, felt like an episode of a bad teenage soap.

They really went oversimplistic and illogical with a lot of character motivations.

It's as I said, they take the path of least resistance. The simplest script possible. Who cares about continuity and fidelity to the source material.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
umm I think it's pretty clear and simple. You kill an Evil person. I really don't get your side in this matter. Jon is good, she's Evil, he has to end her life. Not sure what you find complicated? What is there to understand? What don't you understand by these words? Tell me. Why did the Avengers fight Thanos for? Because he is a bad guy. Why did the heroes fight the Night King? Dany killed close to a million people. You think Jon is gonna go meh she slaughtered innocents but I love her ? He should already be in a "I have to kill her now" mode. The clock is ticking.
What's interesting is how quickly Danaerys has flipped from a sympathetic character to the show's last remaining 'bad-guy'. Yes, they traumatized her with enough loss to make her meltdown semi-plausible, but they've reduced her relationship with Jon to a cartoonish showdown of good versus bad. Look at who's left on Team-Dany: An army of emotionless killers, a dragon, and a power-hungry woman who murdered thousands of innocents. On the other side: A bunch of noble friends who don't want to kill and don't want to rule.

I wonder who I'm supposed to be rooting for?

I'm enjoying this season because, despite the stripping away of nuance, I'm still emotionally invested in the characters. I'm just disappointed that one of my favourite characters has become no more interesting than a Marvel villain.

Reactions: Redux91

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
1) Or maybe they changed things just like Cersei meant to die at the hands of her Volonqar, which means brother, that he was going to wrap his hands around her throat and kill her.
But ya, sure, they can technically make him kill Dany.

2) Easy argument? Sorry, you ain't winning one event vs 8 years of being an evil ****.

3) Yes, but Joffrey had Sansa and he was out to kill all the starks. I don't really need excuses or reasons as to why Jon never talked about the throne or killing Cersei. It just has never been part of his ambitions. Even after the WWs or learning that he's the rightful heir, he doesn't want the Throne. It would be pretty freaking stupid for him to now go..''hmm kno wot dahrling, I actually want the bloody throne now''.

4) Yes, I mentioned that before. Only way it makes sense for Jon to kill Dany is if she's threatening to go after Sansa. Any other angle would be dumb.

5) I agree. That said, Sansa would never kill her or anybody. She didn't actually kill Ramsey either, she just let him get chewed up. If she were to get Dany, I assume she'd send someone to poison her. Most likely scenario though, I agree, is probably Jon killing her in retaliation or self defense.
What I would like to see though, is her live and just establish her ruling. They don't have to continue killing people and at this point. I feel Tyrion is the only one left that should probably die, for betraying Dany. Nobody else really deserves dying, not even Dany imo.
Ya, she did something terrible. Doesn't mean she should die the very next episode, even if it's the last one. They ran out of time, so be it, don't try to jam every thing. Ruined it already enough.

6) She shouldn't die imo. She's the Queen. Her presence was needed to get rid of the WWs and NK. She then destroys King's Landing in 5 min and kills public enemy #1. Mother of Dragons. She's at the freaking top. Her dying to the hands of Jon after everything would be just as stupid as her getting killed by Arya or Sansa.

7) Yes, well, I was hoping for the NK not to be dead anymore but it would be very lame if they brought this back now. Like on the closing scene....they show someone with those blue eyes. Such a pathetically lame hollywood style ending. Really hope we see none of that next episode.

1) That part isn't in the show though:)

2) Suppose you're a serial killer or you dropped a nuclear bomb. One takes a lot longer to do but which do you think puts you on most wanted list?

3) Who says he wants the throne? He didn't join Castle black for the throne or fight the WW for the throne. He won Winterfell and gave it up pretty quick. He may give up the throne.

4) For all we know she is going after Jon too. Clearly they no longer see eye to eye. Even Greyworm shot Jon a look so who knows.

5) Dany kind of went overboard. At this point one episode would not be enough time to close the arc in a peaceful way. The north will reject her, king's landing is toast, etc... There's less stability than before. She cannot be queen as it's back to square one.

6) I disagree. She could be on top but the story can't end with her after she was so volatile. There is zero chance the story ends with both Jon and Dany alive. Dany has shown her loose screws and sees Jon's legacy as a threat. Varys sent the letters did he not? A lot of people know. It's just wayyyy too much uncertainty to end a TV series. It would've made more sense if they ended with Cersei as queen than Dany if they wanted a darker ending. At this point they opened a huge can of worms that they either close or leave the story incomplete.

You have to consider the obvious:

If Dany wins the throne, so what? If we believe her thing about not having children then there will be no lineage and we're back at square one. IF she got pregnant from Jon then maybe, sure but who is to say the child will be either as fierce as Dany or as loyal as Jon? The child may end up another mad king. How is that open ended conclusion viable?

If Jon wins the throne, now what? He still needs a wife and they have hinted at no one but Dany and Ygritte, one of which is dead and the other won't share. He may be the right person for the throne today but again, who is to say his children will good hearted?

The ONLY logical conclusion is breaking the wheel entirely, just like Dany wanted. Democracy OR each city is independent. The north doesn't want to be with the south, the wildlings don't either. IF Jon is there then those in Mareen and all will be upset its not Dany. She said it herself, Jon is lived north of the narrow sea and she's loved south of it. King's landing is not her home.

7) Well...everything has been very hollywood. As I watched last episode and Arya was covered in dust I was thinking "She's alive" rather than in other seasons thinking "Oh shit, she can actually be dead."

Ask yourself after all we've both argued about the script, what seems most hollywood as an ending?

Jon kills Dany, the woman he loves.
Sansa rules the north.
The throne is destroyed. The wheel is broken.
The NK is alive, Jon at castle black to rebuild.

It's the easiest, simplest, most generic hollywood ending and thats why I called it 2-3 weeks ago and still feel it will happen.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It might just be Tyrion who does it. Slay the mad tyrrant just like his brother.

It's possible. Only ones with a realistic chance to get near her are Arya, Jon, Tyrion and Greyworm and the latter will never do it. Arya cannot be killing everyone. So if someone kills her, Jon or Tyrion IMO.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It's possible. Only ones with a realistic chance to get near her are Arya, Jon, Tyrion and Greyworm and the latter will never do it. Arya cannot be killing everyone. So if someone kills her, Jon or Tyrion IMO.
I see a final scene with Jon riding off on the dragon

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

First, You don't know if she's evil yet. She did an evil deed, there is a difference. Also, there's 500 000 people in King's Landing, not close to a million, and unless you think she killed every single soul there, again, you ain't close to a million.
Second, the people she slaughtered, to her eyes, are not innocent. They stuck with Cersei. They even had that discussion before the fight where Tyrion tries to explain how they had no choice....going with your Hitler reference, I guess all the people who supported the Nazis because they ''had no choice'' are all just innocent people that fell under Hitler's control...
Dany wanted to burn the city down. If there were innocent people in there, so be it, that's collateral. Her objective wasn't to kill the innocent, she just didn't care.

Again, she wanted to kill Cersei, she wanted to burn that city down and show her dominance. Cersei brought people inside the walls of the city because she thought Dany would back up. Dany's answer was a big F-U. Whoever came inside, it's on them, not on her. She threw down the hammer.

It's not about OMG...she's so evil and now Jon must save humanity. Specifically, this isn't an superhero flick man. It ain't the Avengers or whatever else comic flick is influencing your mind right now.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That's why I think Arya will do the deed, even after Sansa and Jon will pardon Dany. Arya won't let it go and she'll break Jon's heart.

I dont buy the leaks.
Arya should be happy. Dany killed Cersei and that's all she's always cared about. Not sure why she'd turned full vigilante now...the show has never been about that.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
First, You don't know if she's evil yet. She did an evil deed, there is a difference. Also, there's 500 000 people in King's Landing, not close to a million, and unless you think she killed every single soul there, again, you ain't close to a million.
Second, the people she slaughtered, to her eyes, are not innocent. They stuck with Cersei. They even had that discussion before the fight where Tyrion tries to explain how they had no choice....going with your Hitler reference, I guess all the people who supported the Nazis because they ''had no choice'' are all just innocent people that fell under Hitler's control...
Dany wanted to burn the city down. If there were innocent people in there, so be it, that's collateral. Her objective wasn't to kill the innocent, she just didn't care.

Again, she wanted to kill Cersei, she wanted to burn that city down and show her dominance. Cersei brought people inside the walls of the city because she thought Dany would back up. Dany's answer was a big F-U. Whoever came inside, it's on them, not on her. She threw down the hammer.

It's not about OMG...she's so evil and now Jon must save humanity. Specifically, this isn't an superhero flick man. It ain't the Avengers or whatever else comic flick is influencing your mind right now.

It's been stated several times in the series that there are over a million people living in King's Landing.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
1) That part isn't in the show though:)

2) Suppose you're a serial killer or you dropped a nuclear bomb. One takes a lot longer to do but which do you think puts you on most wanted list?

3) Who says he wants the throne? He didn't join Castle black for the throne or fight the WW for the throne. He won Winterfell and gave it up pretty quick. He may give up the throne.

4) For all we know she is going after Jon too. Clearly they no longer see eye to eye. Even Greyworm shot Jon a look so who knows.

5) Dany kind of went overboard. At this point one episode would not be enough time to close the arc in a peaceful way. The north will reject her, king's landing is toast, etc... There's less stability than before. She cannot be queen as it's back to square one.

6) I disagree. She could be on top but the story can't end with her after she was so volatile. There is zero chance the story ends with both Jon and Dany alive. Dany has shown her loose screws and sees Jon's legacy as a threat. Varys sent the letters did he not? A lot of people know. It's just wayyyy too much uncertainty to end a TV series. It would've made more sense if they ended with Cersei as queen than Dany if they wanted a darker ending. At this point they opened a huge can of worms that they either close or leave the story incomplete.

You have to consider the obvious:

If Dany wins the throne, so what? If we believe her thing about not having children then there will be no lineage and we're back at square one. IF she got pregnant from Jon then maybe, sure but who is to say the child will be either as fierce as Dany or as loyal as Jon? The child may end up another mad king. How is that open ended conclusion viable?

If Jon wins the throne, now what? He still needs a wife and they have hinted at no one but Dany and Ygritte, one of which is dead and the other won't share. He may be the right person for the throne today but again, who is to say his children will good hearted?

The ONLY logical conclusion is breaking the wheel entirely, just like Dany wanted. Democracy OR each city is independent. The north doesn't want to be with the south, the wildlings don't either. IF Jon is there then those in Mareen and all will be upset its not Dany. She said it herself, Jon is lived north of the narrow sea and she's loved south of it. King's landing is not her home.

7) Well...everything has been very hollywood. As I watched last episode and Arya was covered in dust I was thinking "She's alive" rather than in other seasons thinking "Oh ****, she can actually be dead."

Ask yourself after all we've both argued about the script, what seems most hollywood as an ending?

Jon kills Dany, the woman he loves.
Sansa rules the north.
The throne is destroyed. The wheel is broken.
The NK is alive, Jon at castle black to rebuild.

It's the easiest, simplest, most generic hollywood ending and thats why I called it 2-3 weeks ago and still feel it will happen.

1) Pick a point man..countless of them that are inconsistent in the show.

2) You don't know how many people died, nor do you actually know the number of people who suffered/died from Cersei's manipulation games. Bottom line is, Cersei's been evil for 8 years. Dany....you don't actually know if she's even Evil or just did an evil deed. Dany wanted to burn the city down, Tyrion in his last plea to Cersei told her the city would burn unless she surrenders now. She ignored it, killed Missandei, and brought people inside the city walls to use as human ''shields''. You blame Dany for the innocent dying....but really, Cersei's just as much to blame. I guess people forget that and fell for the ''shock value''.

3) He had reasons for his decisions. Killing Dany because she burnt the city down would be Pejorative Slured. Killing her because she's going after Sansa...okay...a tad more sense in there.

4) You're right...we don't know...nothing makes sense anymore anyways.

5) Well..the North might reject her. Or not. The North Men joined in on this massacre..they didn't seem to particularly mind. Even Jon who held back just a tiny bit and then started slicing people up until it pretty much ended.
She is the Queen and after destroying King's Landing so easily....who in their right mind would defy her. Just defying her at this point makes no freaking sense. People would need to retract, strategize, plan and slowly execute.

6) They can very well keep everyone alive if they want. There is one episode left and there's already too much left that it will continue to be rushed making little sense. I don't really care anymore to be honest. For 8 years, there were two main bad guys, Cersei and the Night King. Both are dead in very anticlimactic fashion.
Dany...even if you want to say she created genocide...it happened over the span of like 20 minutes and she's been evil to people we have absolutely ZERO emotional connection too. They were extras....So, call Dany evil all you want, that one evil deed isn't going to nullify the 8 years of her being that good Queen.
They don't have time to build a big beef between her and Jon, or Arya, or Tyrion...they tried a bit with Sansa but even then, there wasn't enough development for us to really pick a side between who of those two is right here.
The ending will suck no matter what as they already killed the two biggest story lines, the only two things people actually cared about. So now it's...meh...wtv....

7) They're going to spin something for the ''wow'' effect I'm sure. They love to throw surprises, even when they make no sense at all. So I expect more garbage.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Arya should be happy. Dany killed Cersei and that's all she's always cared about. Not sure why she'd turned full vigilante now...the show has never been about that.

Yet don't be suprised if it happens because they set-up the last show to at least have Arya try her hand at Dany.

Same for Jon, the final straw for Arya might be Dany going after Sansa or Jon for treason.

No one is saying Arya will kill Dany solely for the destruction and deaths she caused, but they are definitely ADDING that to both Jon and Arya's motivations, whether you like it or not, both characters loathed (their reactions) the events as they unfolded.

It's funny how people try to minimize what Dany did. It'd be rational and explainable if it were done to win, but it was completely unnecessary, she instilled the same kind of terror Cersei did when she blew-up the Sept, she showed what kind of ruler she'll be and THAT is sufficient enough for anyone who has a modicum if idealism, and there are no more idealistic than the Starks, Jon included.

Sansa will see it. Jon will see it. Arya too. So why would it be surprising that they shore a plan and Arya is, who else really, chosen to do it?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I don't recall that..I simply looked it up.
King's Landing - Wikitravel

But hey, maybe they did say it. I don't remember.
Even then, you don't know how many actually perished.

That wiki is based on the novels.

Season 7, final episode, King Landing is referenced by Tyrion to have 1 million in population.

In season 3, when they first meet, Jaime tells Qyburn how he saved half a million people. So best guess is that the city grew in the 20 years in between, or one of them is wrong.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yet don't be suprised if it happens because they set-up the last show to at least have Arya try her hand at Dany.

Same for Jon, the final straw for Arya might be Dany going after Sansa or Jon for treason.

No one is saying Arya will kill Dany solely for the destruction and deaths she caused, but they are definitely ADDING that to both Jon and Arya's motivations, whether you like it or not, both characters loathed (their reactions) the events as they unfolded.

It's funny how people try to minimize what Dany did. It'd be rational and explainable if it were done to win, but it was completely unnecessary, she instilled the same kind of terror Cersei did when she blew-up the Sept, she showed what kind of ruler she'll be and THAT is sufficient enough for anyone who has a modicum if idealism, and there are no more idealistic than the Starks, Jon included.

Sansa will see it. Jon will see it. Arya too. So why would it be surprising that they shore a plan and Arya is, who else really, chosen to do it?

According to the writers, the reason they wanted Arya and Jon in the streets is because otherwise there would be zero emotional connections to what's going on. She killed innocent people..sure..terrible. You're talking about extras so in the end, who cares.
Cersei killed some legit characters in the Sept...it's different. People had grown attached to some.
So..not quite the same.

Sure they can spin it in any way they want.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That wiki is based on the novels.

Season 7, final episode, King Landing is referenced by Tyrion to have 1 million in population.

In season 3, when they first meet, Jaime tells Qyburn how he saved half a million people. So best guess is that the city grew in the 20 years in between, or one of them is wrong.

Guess so..but again, point remains...we don't actually know how many she killed, and while it was a disgusting thing to do, she could easily argue to Sansa, Jon, Tyrion and the rest who oppose that they should blame Cersei. She didn't have to bring people into the city, and the people complied.

I'm not excusing what she did, but she can actually argue her way, no matter how bad, and she wouldn't be wrong. Yes, she lost it, but blame Cersei too. Dany gave her a chance to surrender, she responded to kill her most trusted advisor...
I think using that to justify killing her is lazy.
If not for her, they don't survive the Winter. If not for her, Cersei ain't dead. So, they're going to ignore that and just kill her now because she massacred innocent people that were used by Cersei as ''shields''...? God. I really hope that's not what they'll do.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Guess so..but again, point remains...we don't actually know how many she killed, and while it was a disgusting thing to do, she could easily argue to Sansa, Jon, Tyrion and the rest who oppose that they should blame Cersei. She didn't have to bring people into the city, and the people complied.

I'm not excusing what she did, but she can actually argue her way, no matter how bad, and she wouldn't be wrong. Yes, she lost it, but blame Cersei too. Dany gave her a chance to surrender, she responded to kill her most trusted advisor...
I think using that to justify killing her is lazy.
If not for her, they don't survive the Winter. If not for her, Cersei ain't dead. So, they're going to ignore that and just kill her now because she massacred innocent people that were used by Cersei as ''shields''...? God. I really hope that's not what they'll do.
She can't argue her way out of that. The bells had already rung. Soldiers had laid down their weapons.

Killing extras (in your other reply) w t f man?? The entire show is around the concept of who is fit to rule. So yeah it's gonna have a pretty big incidence on the Stark's reactions to her rule. Especially since the white flag was already raised. It was complete senseless killing, very reminiscient of her mad father. You're really out for lunch if you think Dany is gonna be able to brush this off with the Starks.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

You do realize what Dany did is a terrorist attack right? She destroyed a city and it’s innocent people. Saying “to her they could be evil” is irrelevant. I’m sure some terrorist groups believe certain groups are evil too, doesn’t mean they are.

You have to accept it, Dany is a terrorist who killed thousands and leveled the biggest city in the show. There is no “but is she really evil?” If she’s not evil then she’s psycho. Either way she cannot stay.

End of the day though, at face value she wanted people to fear her and her cause. The definition of terrorism:

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Whether she thinks it’s her destiny or thinks she’s cleansing the world it doesn’t matter. She’s lost it.

I agree 1000% if you say it was rushed but it is what it is now. She’s killed too many and done too much damage. She basically has a nuclear bomb and uses it liberally, this cannot be seen as safe or viable. She is done.

Reactions: Kimota and Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad