OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Please god no. Sansa can't even hold a butterknife.
Neither does Dany...she uses her dragons. She killed one zombie...that's about it. I could see Sansa poison her. Then again, I don't think Dany will die. I was just playing around here. Why would she actually die?...
She did something terrible, sure, so? She's the Queen. She won the Throne. She destroyed the city and rained terror with her dragon. Are they really going to have a little plot of Arya sneaking around and killing her?...f*** off. That would be lame.

Don't know if she'll find out what Tyrion did, if so, then emprisonment/death. Lord Davos will plead to Jon to help Tyrion escape...they join Sansa in Winterfell where she can tell them all ''I told you so! Bitch is crazy!''. Dany will become the Mad Queen....that's what I expect.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Avengers: Endgame: 7.8/10 Not as good as Infinity War but still pretty good. Joe Bidden was great.

They made such a poor job this season in GOT that i don't care about any character anymore.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I don't get all the hiss fits about Tyrion. The man is juggling allegiances and fear of his queen. He's conflicted and hesitant. He's human.

Maybe lower your expectations and see the more realistic Tyrion instead of the lame and unidimensional super genius who always has the answers?

He's actually the only one who acts like a truly noble ruler in that episode.

Reactions: Redux91 and Kimota

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Only beef i have with last episode is Dany. I get the whole off her rockers turning point, still it makes no sense to flaten the city her family built after actually winning. All she had to do was wait and take over the red keep. Or destroy just that part.

She truly is the Mad King's daughter.

Reactions: Kimota

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't get all the hiss fits about Tyrion. The man is juggling allegiances and fear of his queen. He's conflicted and hesitant. He's human.

Maybe lower your expectations and see the more realistic Tyrion instead of the lame and unidimensional super genius who always has the answers?

He's actually the only one who acts like a truly noble ruler in that episode.
Tyrion's been an idiot for a while though..
Like..trusting his sister as late as the previous episode. The whole point of Cersei lying to them saying she would help with the WWs only to not show up was so their Army would be weakened and she'd have the upper hand to defend King's Landing. That was the entire point.
But sure, let's ask her to just give up without a fight, and while we're at it, give back Missandei who they just (somehow) kidnapped.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Tyrion's been an idiot for a while though..
Like..trusting his sister as late as the previous episode. The whole point of Cersei lying to them saying she would help with the WWs only to not show up was so their Army would be weakened and she'd have the upper hand to defend King's Landing. That was the entire point.
But sure, let's ask her to just give up without a fight, and while we're at it, give back Missandei who they just (somehow) kidnapped.

Because Tyrion has a heart. Conflicting emotions is not idiocy. It's caring. I think you just plainly don't understand the character.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Because Tyrion has a heart. Conflicting emotions is not idiocy. It's caring. I think you just plainly don't understand the character.
Sure Oz...I don't understand the complexities of this profound character.

Can't just be that it's stupid, just like an ex that keeps going back to the same moron despite him treating her like crap.

Having a ''heart'' doesn't excuse dumb actions and/or behavior. Even Sansa said it ''I thought you were supposed to be the smart one''....I guess she also ''plainly doesn't understand the character''...loll Send her a message buddy.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Personally I love how this whole episode played out. Very Red Wedding. My main issue is that I don't buy the reasons for her fall into madness. Because the people at Winterfell liked Jon better? Because Jon didn't want to kiss her? Because a few girls liked playing the telephone game? Because some of her friends were executed? Look death has never been of a problem with her she executed 600 masters. It is not something that should shock her. I feel like the whole thing would have made more sense if it had happen in Mireen in a way cause this place was a shore to control, there was always something happening. Something to drive someone nuts.

Reactions: Andrei79

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Direction was great but writing is all over. They needed at least another season. Dany suddenly flipping a switch is just not believable at all and completely out of character. Euron had no character development and they needed to flesh him out instead of having him just be a plot device. Plenty of other issues in not gonna get into. Sad way to end what was such a smart show.

Got season 8 is a complete failure unfortunately. I love the world building and hope they can have a good spinoff for some of the interesting characters like Ned

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Personally I love how this whole episode played out. Very Red Wedding. My main issue is that I don't buy the reasons for her fall into madness. Because the people at Winterfell liked Jon better? Because Jon didn't want to kiss her? Because a few girls liked playing the telephone game? Because some of her friends were executed? Look death has never been of a problem with her she executed 600 masters. It is not something that should shock her. I feel like the whole thing would have made more sense if it had happen in Mireen in a way cause this place was a shore to control, there was always something happening. Something to drive someone nuts.

Dude... be kind, use spoiler brackets

They hinted the rise of her temper in season 7 in how she handled Sam's father and brother.

She even doubted her own worth when she tended to Jon's wounds, regarding how Jon's people would see her.

This isn't just out of the blue. All throughout the series they have hinted at the possibility that the coin might've flipped on the mad side. Afterall, she IS the Mad King's dough-ter.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Queen of the ashes

upload_2019-5-13_12-59-38.png

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
This episode was absolute garbage
This season is f***ing terrible on a point beyond.
The last episode will make everybody wtf (ep6 was leaked)

Those 2 producers have no f***ing idea what to do with this. This series went shit after s5 E1 , Those 2 refused a 10 episodes season to make this just to dip faster to make that star wars trilogy.

Absolute garbage.

Nothing to add.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Sandor fight vs his brother was the only good shit in this episode.

Reactions: DangerDave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad