Lets Remember Some Guys

lmfl123

Jan 25, 2015
Dwight Mathiasen. Anyone remember that name? I read it with great anticipation once upon a time.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I’m watching a game from March 2008 while I wrap presents. Chris Minard is on the team.

Chris Minard!

His parents should have just said f*** it and named him "Ouch." I mean... that's what I would have done.

Yeah I made a joke about balls. Shut up. They can't all be gems. Or really even SOME of them.

OK none of them.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Miro Satan.

He came to be a top 6 winger, it didn't work out quite a planned, so Shero demotes him to the AHL and he takes it all on the chin like a champ and decides he'll just mentor players down there, then he gets called up, is ok playing the 4th line role, even plays it quite well and also fights.

That's a f***ing team mate.

Adam Hall.

Game winning goal in the SCF for us.

First one in 16 years at the time.
I remember Adam Hall, he was quite well liked by the fan base to the point where people were quite upset that he wasn't kept and went off to Tampa, he was one of the blokes we were all ok seeing on the 4th line for more time.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
best memories out side of 66.
1. dave burrows; best defensive defense man i have ever seen. (should of got into coaching)
2. al smith; not the best goalie but there was never any doubt he always gave everything he had...even though he lost his big fight (twice) i was never more proud to be a fan. at a time when there wasn't much to be proud of.:nod:

Arkadiusz

Feb 22, 2019
Concord, MA
Moe Mantha. Interesting tidbit, Moe is one of only 4 players in NHL history to play at least 20 games in one season with 3 different teams. In '87-'88 Moe played with Pens(21), Edm.(25), Min.(30). The other 3 were Jim Vandermeer(Chi, Phi, Cgy), Bobby Schmautz (Bos, Edm, Col), and Marco Scandella (Buf, Habs, Blues). Props to Kevin Paul Dupont for this factoid, writer for Boston Globe and fellow parishioner at my church...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad